The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Roachford (https://roachford.co.uk/) last night in the local Town Hall (capacity 400!), only about 200 people but still an excellent gig, a really good band, did a fantastic version of Bill Wither's "Ain't No Sunshine", and his hits from the late 80s ("Cuddly Toy, "Kathleen"), plus from Mike & The Mechanics who he now sings with. Worth seeing. Had to buy a few CDs from the Merch Desk!

Just got back from The Lindsey Buckingham/Christine Mcvie Show :banana:

Was aweeeeeeeeeeeesome bout Hour and 40 minutes - 3 encores - pretty much the exact shows they have done this tour. Still awesome tho Lotta great FM songs and 8 from the solo album and a few Lindsey Solo songs :smokin

Was able to get Lindsey's own set list that he himself was using from one of the roadies :yikes - had all the songs and what key on a few too :cool:

Was also able to Snag one of the Lindsey & Mcvie Autographed Albums......they had the regular LP for 25 and for 20 bux extra ...both hand signed - I asked the merch guy what was the story and how were they acquired.....he explained that he takes off the wrap of about 40 each night take them to dressing room - and Lindsey & Christine sign them for the next show - so the ones that were out were from the previous Kentucky show. So rolled the dice for an extra 20 lol :rolleyes:

Great show tho - super awesome :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Adrian Legg delighted us with new tunes, old favorites with humorous stories behind the songs in between. 30 seats for 30 lucky souls, quite the intimate show in the upstairs Songbirds guitar museum in Chattanooga, TN. Adrian is very unique as a guitarist as he has the guitar tuners facing the back of the neck to facilitate many live tuning changes.
My son Brian (24) has been a fan since he was 10. We both enjoyed it very much!
677be5bddf8685d1fcdc1ffd668f75ed.jpg
de5176ff4fec9f3c6574478ac912f398.jpg
dd3db2ecff81631cab34aedc256215cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAESTRO Jean-Luc Ponty tonight in a rare one-off gig in Madrid..the only one in Europe with a full band (OK, minus guitar...if only Jamie Glaser could've made it!)...gonna take my ticket stub from the 1st gig I saw him in 81 and see if I can track him down and sign it...and take a selfie!!!!
Will report back tomorrow!

Another Crim double-header...this time in Albany. A great venue! (I have an extra ticket for tomorrow, the 9th.....)

Oh man, oh man, oooooohhhh MAN!!!!
Just came back from the Jean-Luc Ponty gig and my adrenaline is still flowing!!!! (mind you it's 1:12 AM..my time).... he is a CLASS ACT.....when I showed him the LP cover he took it and showed it to his crew and said..."Look at this!..."...he also kinda freaked out when I gave him the 1981 ticket stub from his first San Juan, PR gig and signed it in the back.....he was sssoooooooooooo niiiiiiceeeee!!! bless his soul...I'll only share the cover autograph cause on the selfies I look like Jabba the HUT ....and it's really curious...maybe because he's ...petite and I had to get down to his level (I look like George Lucas...I am not even fat!)...still...what a great freakin' concert.....awesome...just f*ckin' awesome!....he even asked for my FIRST NAME and he autographed it..beyond cool!!!
Photo on 2017-11-09 at 01.10 #2.jpg

Last edited:
Country Rock fans in Southern California have an opportunity to check out the upcoming concerts by Mike Nesmith and The First National Band. Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I received from Monkees.com...

"In January 2018, Michael Nesmith will bring his music back to the live arena with a series of shows focused on his RCA recordings, including a show on January 25th at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, where he debuted the First National Band in March 1970. Songs like "Different Drum" (a Top 20 hit for Linda Ronstadt & The Stone Poneys), "Listen to the Band", "Some of Shelly's Blues" (covered by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), and "Silver Moon" will join lesser-known but equally transcendent album sides in a rebirth of what was labeled by critics as "the greatest music that you never heard."

Where to see Michael Nesmith & The First National Band:

January 23, 2018 The Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, CA
January 25, 2018 The Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA"

It has also been reported that other shows may be added nationwide. (y)

Wow, I just bought tickets for Jeff Lynne's ELO, Aug 2nd 2018 Oakland Coliseum. Now, that is a first. I might be on vacation or dead by then. But, ELO has not played in US in 30 years, I love ELO, so I have to go. Tickets will go to StubHub and be $700.00 each, much better to buy day of release.

Wow, I just bought tickets for Jeff Lynne's ELO, Aug 2nd 2018 Oakland Coliseum. Now, that is a first. I might be on vacation or dead by then. But, ELO has not played in US in 30 years, I love ELO, so I have to go. Tickets will go to StubHub and be $700.00 each, much better to buy day of release.
When I need my ELO these days I go to the 2001 Zoom Tour Live DVD, it's an excellent disc. So sad that tour was canceled due to poor ticket sales. This one should be a resounding success, just might make the trip to LA. I hope things are going better for Rosie Vela lately, don't know exactly what happened but she needed some help and it seems her friends were there.

Just got home from "An Evening With King Crimson" at the Beacon Theater in NYC. Still buzzing, cant sleep...

After seeing them several times with this..."lineup", I find it ...ironic(?) that , a show in which THE MUSIC is SO POWERFUL and played by musicians that are static, with NO "light show"-except for the very slow change to RED during a song from ... "RED"... leaves you so pumped up/drained...as opposed to the "new" acts where it's all dancing and projections and this and that..and it reeaally doesn't move you in the end...

BTW, the three drummers up front is a touch of genius....you HAVE to see it in front row to really be BASHED by their sheer power!!!!

After seeing them several times with this..."lineup", I find it ...ironic(?) that , a show in which THE MUSIC is SO POWERFUL and played by musicians that are static, with NO "light show"-except for the very slow change to RED during a song from ... "RED"... leaves you so pumped up/drained...as opposed to the "new" acts where it's all dancing and projections and this and that..and it reeaally doesn't move you in the end...

BTW, the three drummers up front is a touch of genius....you HAVE to see it in front row to really be BASHED by their sheer power!!!!

It’s the same feeling of exhilaration I get from watching great jazz musicians playing in an intimate setting. Master musicians enjoying the musical interplay - communicating via visual cues - subtle physical movements, smiles, appreciation - All which can be seen and felt when viewing the Crims on stage. No distractions from cheap theatrics and computerized lighting or idiots watching the show through their IPhones. Although it would have been cool to have the go go dancers from Bryan Ferry’s show - just to lighten up the proceedings just a tad[emoji12]

In a few hours:

DAN REED NETWORK!!!!!

Awesome...I hope for their sake that there are a lot of people!!!

Only time I saw them was in Great Woods, MA, 1988..opening for...UB40!!!

Last week was Joey Molland & Friends play Badfinger - Straight Up. For Day After Day they were joined by Phil Solem (The Rembrandt’s - a Nashville resident) who played 12 string.
I got to tell Joey that “I was 13 again for many moments.” “Yeah?” “Yeah it worked!”
3629257f096cfc1f5a6e85a78e08392f.jpg
9b3bb1ba2989be03a3f4fd88e34c81a7.jpg
74c870dd1fbebcea75ab0e5460dc6e56.jpg

Last edited:
Brand X hired our PA a few times when Phil Collins was playing with them! If I remember correctly Percy Jones designed his own Bass amplifier, which intrigued me as I was studying Electronics at Uni.

Oh my word yes! Still very much spot on and amazing every time I see him.

Back