The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IS the current Yes line up worth seeing?

I believe you now have two (2) touring versions of "Yes". With Squire passing ARW (Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman) is now billed as "Yes with ARW". I'm guessing that Howe and White are also still touring under "Yes". I have seen ARW recently and found them very good IF you like Rabin's guitar work. I haven't seen the other Yes in awhile.

Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman is worthwhile.
I would only check out the current incarnation of Yes if they pass close to where you live.
Steve Howe is still great. Alan White has had physical issues that has really tampered his performance.
Jon Davison is a fantastic singer, but now that Jon Anderson is back out there (as part of ARW) the difference is greater.
I don't know what Billy Sherwood is like replacing Chris Squire, but finally, I can't stand Geoff Downes on anything but the "Drama" material.
He butchered a lot of Rick Wakeman's great keyboard parts at the last "Yes" show I went to (back in 2012 when Squire was still alive.)

The recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performance of "Roundabout" showed that there is still magic that happens when Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, and White (and Rabin) are all together, but until then, I will go with ARW any day.

:)

RT hit the correct points...
Steve is still playing quite well...but he's still a grumpy old man...
Alan is older and has "tamed" his drumming- he's still good...
I can't stand the Jon Davidson guy- I preferred the Benoit guy, not as close to Jon A , but still had some personality...this new guy is too...limp...
G Downes is NOT a virtuoso and , he only plays the Drama stuff correctly...
I'm sure that Billy does a great job on bass, since Chris was not one to improvise a lot...

If you're into it, go see it...

But if I had to choose, I'd go see ARW...

I have seen the current Yes lineup several times and ARW once. They are very different experiences and both have something good to offer. Met Steve after each gig and he was very cordial and humorous!

One way to decide is to look at the setlists online and see which is to your liking. Attitude is part of the experience, too. Each version has its detractors and supporters who wage war on other forums. Each group will bring some delights--each brings disappointments if you are comparing with the Yes of old...

I can't stand the Jon Davidson guy- I preferred the Benoit guy, not as close to Jon A , but still had some personality...this new guy is too...limp...

I prefer Jon Davison to Benoit David.
Benoit struggled at times to reach those higher notes in several shows I went to, whereas there is definitely more of an effortless vibe to Jon Davison's singing, not to mention he's a better musician too.

:)

Woooooooo Hooooooooo LIndsey Buckingham & Christine Mcvie Tour added more dates and they coming to Orlando :banana:

Tickets go on sale tomorrow but Snood used code CHORUS (which me thinks works for all venues):howland got in today

Tickets are a lil up there for the lower section 125.00 :yikes

Snood could have gotten row 8 or 9 but waaaaaaaaaay to the left, meaning outer aisle far left, but went with row 12 right inner aisle seats next to center section - very kooooooo

Wish woulda known earlier, the Dr Phillips Center sent me an email announcing new shows, but the linsey/mcvie site did not grrrrrrr:howl

Row 12 center right is koo with Snood tho........2 tix and surcharge 285.00:mad:@: But me love Linnnnnnnnndsey so much :cool:

Just looked at the set list niiiiiiiiiice lotta new album and lotta :smokin Fleetwood Mac and couple Lindsey solo

Trouble
(Lindsey Buckingham cover)

Never Going Back Again
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Wish You Were Here
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Shut Us Down

Sleeping Around the Corner

Feel About You

In My World

Too Far Gone

Hold Me
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Little Lies
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Tusk
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Love Is Here to Stay

Red Sun

You Make Loving Fun
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

I'm So Afraid
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Go Your Own Way
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Encore:
Everywhere
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Lay Down for Free

Game of Pretend:banana:

Woooooooo Hooooooooo LIndsey Buckingham & Christine Mcvie Tour added more dates and they coming to Orlando :banana:

Tickets go on sale tomorrow but Snood used code CHORUS (which me thinks works for all venues):howland got in today

Tickets are a lil up there for the lower section 125.00 :yikes

Snood could have gotten row 8 or 9 but waaaaaaaaaay to the left, meaning outer aisle far left, but went with row 12 right inner aisle seats next to center section - very kooooooo

Wish woulda known earlier, the Dr Phillips Center sent me an email announcing new shows, but the linsey/mcvie site did not grrrrrrr:howl

Row 12 center right is koo with Snood tho........2 tix and surcharge 285.00:mad:@: But me love Linnnnnnnnndsey so much :cool:

Just looked at the set list niiiiiiiiiice lotta new album and lotta :smokin Fleetwood Mac and couple Lindsey solo

Trouble

Never Going Back Again
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Wish You Were Here
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Shut Us Down

Sleeping Around the Corner

Feel About You

In My World

Too Far Gone

Hold Me
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Little Lies
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Tusk
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Love Is Here to Stay

Red Sun

You Make Loving Fun
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

I'm So Afraid
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Go Your Own Way
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Encore:
Everywhere
(Fleetwood Mac cover)

Lay Down for Free

Game of Pretend:banana:

I am so jealous. I wish I could afford it right now but I just put in a new water heater and it broke the bank. I did see FM a few years ago so I got to see Stevie and Mic. Have fun.

Jealous here too..... :howl They didn't come to CT and I wasn't able to do the roadtrip to NYC or Boston. Since the Mirage 5.1 was released, "Wish You Were Here" has become my favorite FM tune, and the Mac never played it live. So I'd really love to see that one in concert. Have a great time!

I went to the Beautiful Days Festival this weekend, and got a strange mixture of sunburn and wet! Sadly the Malian band Songhoy Blues didn't play which was a real shame as I was really looking forward to seeing them. But 40 years on I did discover that I like New Model Army.......they were a bit too modern for me when they started out!

2017-RUNNING-ORDERS-FOR-WEB.jpg

I saw Chick Corea's Elektric Band this weekend. Bela Fleck and The Flectones were a great supporting show and Victor Wooten on bass is amazing. Then, The Elektric Band comes out and just blows me away. Chick is always great with whatever band he has with him. This original Elektric band made up of John Patitucci: Bass, Frank Gambale: Guitar, Eric Marienthal: Saxes and Dave Weckl: Drums are seasoned pros. It was a super concert that ended with Chick, Bela, The Flectones and the Elektric band all on stages doing duo battles of Bass players, Drummers, etc. for a grand finale. This was the last show of this tour or I would recommend others see the show...maybe next time.

So I got to meet Tony Levin tonight. (His band, Stick Men, was in town. Awesome show. Catch them if you can.) I told him how much I loved the 5.1 mixes of Discipline, Beat, ToaPP and Thrak. He seemed glad to hear it. I couldn't resist the opportunity to suggest to him that he plant a bug in Peter Gabriel's ear to have Steven or Jakko mix Gabriel's albums into 5.1. He replied "that could be amazing." Chances are he'll never mention it to PG, but I had to ask!

5865_zps8zk1g8x4.jpg

So I got to meet Tony Levin tonight. (His band, Stick Men, was in town. Awesome show. Catch them if you can.) I told him how much I loved the 5.1 mixes of Discipline, Beat, ToaPP and Thrak. He seemed glad to hear it. I couldn't resist the opportunity to suggest to him that he plant a bug in Peter Gabriel's ear to have Steven or Jakko mix Gabriel's albums into 5.1. He replied "that could be amazing." Chances are he'll never mention it to PG, but I had to ask!

View attachment 30467

Tony is a class act...I've met him a few times and he has always been very nice...I think I mentioned I saw him last year and even asked him about playing "Industry" live back then...

Last edited:
I am always amazed when you guys have pictures with these musicians...
How do you get them? How are you even getting near them? :)

Last night, Tony told the crowd that he and the rest of the band would hang out afterwards to sign autographs and take photos. I've met him multiple times this way and he's always very down-to-earth and approachable. King Crimson drummer Pat Mastelotto was in the band as well and was also very kind with fans, posing for photos and signing autographs.

Going to ZZTOP tonight at the local fair(PNE) here in Vancouver BC.
Never seen them so I am looking forward to it.

peter

I've seen them twice here in the UK, at Wembly arena in 1986, I had the seat the furthest away from the stage you could get :( and the band where like ants on stage, however it was a good place to witness the laser lights (relatively new then) this was when they had the furry guitars that spun, could just about see that;)
Then I saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1991, I was a lot closer to the stage this time maybe only 20 feet away from the band, I used to think that this was the loudest gig I'd ever been to until recently. ENJOY:D

ZZTOP-Saw them mostly enjoyable and as first time seeing them glad I went and can cross off one of the legend bands and fact all 3 original band members still playing. Of the 3 the drummer Beard's playing was kind of sluggish and I think like Yes(White) his better playing days are in the past.
The other 2 are still doing pretty well and really enjoyed Gibbons guitar playing.

Chicago(band) played last night and again a first for me seeing this band and wow are they ever a well oiled machine, they were very tight and all players were great.
The drumming not being up to par previous night with ZZTop, totally different Friday night as drummer was awesome and everyone's playing was very good.
I like the way they move around the stage sometimes with 6 people at the front and the 3 guys playing brass instruments either in the back or front and I think 2 of the 3 guys are still original band members,don't know how these guys have the energy to keep this up, they must be in fantastic shape.
I think I just read that a 1 1/2 concert for these guys for lung power is like jogging 6 miles and they do this daily, WOW.
They didn't just play the hits which was good as some of their other material really lets them stretch and show what a talented band they are.
I'm late to the Chicago party as got to checking them out because of Surround but glad I came on board.
If you have a chance to see these guys tour now, its still worth it in my books.

Last edited:
Saw Beck last night.
Marymoor Park Redmond Wa.

Excellent as always.
Beautiful PNW August evening

Saw him 2 years ago, same venue.

Back