The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! You know, I've always felt that classical music is the original metal.

It's tough for me to pay attention at home. I put it on sometimes when I just want something in the background.
It will be very cool to focus on it live. Beethoven's 7th is one of the symphonies of his I don't own. Not even sure how it goes, so this ought to be a real treat.

It's tough for me to pay attention at home. I put it on sometimes when I just want something in the background.
It will be very cool to focus on it live. Beethoven's 7th is one of the symphonies of his I don't own. Not even sure how it goes, so this ought to be a real treat.

Cool! Yeah, I'm not familiar with that one either... I've got the Tacet Blu-ray set with all of Beethoven's symphonie's but havn't listened yet. Have fun!

Okay also bought Denver tickets for Steven Wilson. My son's request even though I haven't worked out the travel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG!!!!!
Can't believe i just got FIRST ROW SEATS to Jean-Luc Ponty and his band in MADRID!!!!

(Not the band he was touring in the USA this year , but the one with the african dudes that played with him in the 90s!!!!)

Some upcoming shows:
Oct 23 King Crimson (Atlanta)
Nov 03 Anders Osborne
Nov 11 John Cleese (Holy Grail)
Nov 22 Joey Molland - Badfinger Straight Up
Jan 11 Hot Tuna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...Joey Molland, still going? I saw the two surviving member version of Badfinger back in the early 90's a few times and still have a Joey autograph on a DC BBQ festival program. Met Sonny Bono at the same event with his young daughter, think he was killed a matter of a couple of months later so that dates that one. :yikes

Just snagged: Front Row, Bob Dylan, Omaha, a week from Monday

This appears to be selling very poorly, will be a mostly empty arena.
They apparently just released unsold front row tickets from the VIP package.
Happened to check my email at a fortunate time.

Every seat in the house is $53 or $78, including front row.
Front row pair for under $200 including fees.
Seen him a dozen times at least, arenas, theaters, concert halls, amphitheaters and a minor league baseball park.
But never from so close.

Saw his Frank Sinatra songbook show when he toured it recently.
But his recent set lists look like a return to the classic tunes he wrote himself.

You never want take it for granted you'll get another chance to see these icons.

Some guys i've had enough of for this lifetime.
I felt that way about B.B. King be after seeing him a couple of times.
Same with Willie and Taj Mahal.
But Nobel Laureate Robert Allen Zimmerman from Hibbing, MN will get my money whenever he feels like coming around.

Edit: this map is depressing.

Gray seats are sold (or unavailable in the upper bowl and back of stage).
Blue seats are still available 12 days before the show.
They'd have done better to book it at an opera house.

On the positive side, parking will be hassle-free.

37596899406_6f0d1cf840.jpg

Dweezil Zappa on Tuesday night at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London, 3 rows from the front. He didn't play any Zappa numbers I knew, but it was an amazing gig, the musicianship was out of this world, note/beat perfect on the key & timing changes, it was astounding. Went with friends and one comment was it makes King Crimson look like they only play in 4/4! But for all the technically perfect playing it was still musically great. As I didn't recognise the majority of the songs (and the ones I did I don't know well), I don't know if they were all arrangements or note perfect to the originals. Anyway always melodic but obviously with those certain Zappa moments. Worth seeing if you get the chance.

Pink Floyd's "Their Mortal Coil" Exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London on Wednesday. I am a Floyd fan, borderline lunatic, so I loved it, probably took 2 hours to go through to the end. Just so much stuff to look at, listen to, and watch. From the early days through to the Division Bell. You're given headsets to wear which pick up where you are and play the sound track, video dialogue etc. it worked well. The last bit is the 3D sound and visual experience of Arnold Layne and a live version of Comfortably Numb from Live 8 by the looks of it. Its like you're in a audio & video hemisphere. I think Arnold Layne worked much better sonically than Comfortably Numb as it was more discrete so I got a better 3D effect where I was sitting. I suspect there is an acoustic 'sweet spot' which gives the best effect, but not quite where I was. But comfortably Numb was brilliant. Do I prefer it to Quad or 5.1? I don't know.

I hope this turns out. A video from last night show in Champaign, ILLINOIS

[video=youtube;kb1BgbXff_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb1BgbXff_w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A bit more from last night....not the greatest video. I tried....

[video=youtube;avHrRSHQGJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHrRSHQGJo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back