The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 17th - Snarky Puppy @ City Winery (2nd show SRO) Nashville
May 20th - Maria Bamford (comedy) @ TPAC Nashville
May 24th - The Strawbs play Hero and Heroine (as they did opening for KC in 1974) @ Music Box in Cleveland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw Alan Parsons Live Project on Saturday night at the Arcada. It was an absolutely amazing show. AP has an 8 piece band and everyone plays their asses off - and sings! The background vocals were unbelievable and they have 4 lead singers. All the hits and the entire track "Turn Of A Friendly Card". I highly recommend this 2 hour show.

The Arcada Theater is just around 1000 seats so it was a really intimate show.

This Thursday - Todd Rundgren at the Arcada.

Just saw Alan Parsons Live Project on Saturday night at the Arcada. It was an absolutely amazing show. AP has an 8 piece band and everyone plays their asses off - and sings! The background vocals were unbelievable and they have 4 lead singers. All the hits and the entire track "Turn Of A Friendly Card". I highly recommend this 2 hour show.

The Arcada Theater is just around 1000 seats so it was a really intimate show.

This Thursday - Todd Rundgren at the Arcada.

I'm sure it's an excellent show!..
They are coming to Madrid in July (I already got tix for Bobby Plant on the 14th and Seal on the 22nd)....
The only thing is that ...the VOICE i always associate with the APP is Eric's...he had an incredible voice....

Keith Emerson Official Tribute Concert - May 28th

I was looking for more details on the UK Deluxe set and read that Eddie Jobson would be part of a Keith Emerson Tribute Concert in LA on May 28th. Quick Google and I have tickets for:

The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Concert

with performances by Keith Emerson Band, Eddie Jobson (U.K./Roxy Music), Brian Auger (Oblivion Express), Gregg Bissonette (Ringo Starr's All-Star Band), CJ Vanston (Spinal Tap), Philippe Saisse (Al Dimeola), Steve Porcaro (Toto), Ed Roth (Annie Lennox), Jonathan Sindelman (Alan White Band), Jeff "Skunk" Baxter (Steely Dan, Doobie Bros.), Steve Lukather (Toto), Mick Mahan (Pat Benatar), Troy Luccketta (Tesla), Joe Travers (Zappa Plays Zappa), Travis Davis (Keith Emerson Band, CTA), Mike Wallace (Boy's Club), Marc Bonilla (Toy Matinee, Keith Emerson Band), Vinnie Colaiuta (Jeff Beck/Frank Zappa), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), Rachel Flowers, Kae M Black, Terje Mikkelsen

It is a small, 771 seat, venue and the tickets were a whopping $39.99 each plus service charge.

Tomorrow Saturday 4th June AC/DC (well Angus Young with Axl Rose) in London - 40 years since I last saw them! Reports of previous gigs are positive, so looking forward to it, as is my 16 year old nephew, as its the only band he's ever wanted to see.

How was it Red?
Fantastic Clint. Had around a ten piece band, all hand picked and excellent players/singers. His voice was great, I didn't notice that it has faded with age at all. Played a few supporting last year's album, and of course a list of favourites. He has that genuine folksy charm still, and loves to banter with the audience. I thought the sound was mixed very well for the venue, just a real enjoyable evening :upthumb

Fantastic Clint. Had around a ten piece band, all hand picked and excellent players/singers. His voice was great, I didn't notice that it has faded with age at all. Played a few supporting last year's album, and of course a list of favourites. He has that genuine folksy charm still, and loves to banter with the audience. I thought the sound was mixed very well for the venue, just a real enjoyable evening :upthumb

Well...did he sing this one

[video=youtube;XAzgwSLiMUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzgwSLiMUc&list=RDXAzgwSLiMUc[/video]

I got back from the AC/DC gig in the Olympic Stadium in London at about 2:30 this morning, a good gig, Axl Rose did a really good job, his vocals fitted well, more Bon Scott than Brian Johnson. The sound wasn't brilliant but it is a large stadium so lots of echoes. They were selling red flashing devils horns, as it got dark the stadium looked like it was full of thousands of odd red fireflies! It was my 16 year old nephew's first ever gig and he enjoyed it, so a winner all round.

Back