The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor venue isn't it? It could be acoustic fading caused by changes in wind/breeze direction and temperature fluctuations, it would be worst the further away from the stage you were.

Yes it is outdoors and at times there was a breeze and I was in the "cheap" seats. I was wondering about the breeze myself. But it seemed to happen regardless of the breeze...I dunno...:confused:

yes, this is something that I was discussing with a fellow member...
BRING BACK THE OLD FASHIONED HUGE SPEAKERS!!!!!

These "small" arrays are a piece of crap, soundwise...you have to have the small ones up there "curving in" and then , separately, the subwoofers ...and if you are in front of the stage you won't hear shit unless they put some "small" speakers in front , which sound like Yamaha NS-10s (yuck!)..

also to ,blame are the now ever present "In Ear Monitors" which I HATE cause you will NEVER get the proper mix , even if you do it yourself with your own board...WE WANT ONSTAGE MONITORS!!! There hasn't been ONE show that I've seen that the singer hasn't taken off (most of the time in a pissed off manner) those horrible earbuds...

Steely Dan last night at the Hollywood Bowl. The sound was unbelievably...horrific :yikes What a shame...

I saw them last week in Mountain View. The sound was also pretty bad: too loud and muddy. I was quite surprised, as their opening act (Steve Winwood) had great sound, and Steely Dan had superb sound last year at the same venue (the "Rockabye Gollie Angel" Tour). On that tour, it was the opening act (Elvis Costello and the Imposters) whose sound was loud and muddy. I have no idea why the sound on this Steely Dan tour was worse than last year's. I thought that one could count on the Dan for sonic perfection. Sound reinforcement issues aside, the performance was great (though Fagen was clearly struggling with some illness that affected his voice). The whole 13-piece band is astonishing.

I was at the M3 Fest at Merriweather Post Pavilion several weeks ago. It is basically 80s hair bands, which is right up my alley. Needless to say, I enjoyed it. Kix stole the show on Friday and Vince Neil sounded great. Saturday was more bands and even better sound. Night Ranger stood out for me but most of them sounded great. I enjoyed it enough that I plan on going next year.
I saw OAR there last year and really like the place.
I won tickets for Guns & Roses on Sunday at Fed Ex field in DC and am looking forward to that!

ANyone Notice Steven Wilson is touring USA starting in November..............doing a Florida Swing right down the road from Snood (15 minutes) in Orlando At The Plaza Live (Grimmie got shot there :( ) - then he going to Tampa then Ft Lauderdale then back to London. Tickets for all shows go on sale Friday June 24th.

Just a heads up :banana:

ANyone Notice Steven Wilson is touring USA starting in November..............doing a Florida Swing right down the road from Snood (15 minutes) in Orlando At The Plaza Live (Grimmie got shot there :( ) - then he going to Tampa then Ft Lauderdale then back to London. Tickets for all shows go on sale Friday June 24th.

Thank you Snoodbro, November 6 at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach? Now we're talking, looks like Monday the seventh is a day off. Not digging my post number though :rolleyes:

Just purchased tickets for the Atlanta show for my parents and myself. I CAN'T WAIT!!! This will be the first time I get to enjoy the full Steven Wilson concert experience! (My one and only Porcupine Tree concert experience was not really that ideal due to the short set time and standing-only venue.)
If any other QQ members are also attending this show, gimme a holler! :)

topographic_sm.JPG
T Minus 59 Days :music

I am making a west coast swing for Steven Wilson shows: Portland, Los Angeles and Solana Beach. Then later Atlanta with my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am making a west coast swing for Steven Wilson shows: Portland, Los Angeles and Solana Beach. Then later Atlanta with my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Snood got balcony first row tix to the Orlando Show in November :banana:

4 shows thats hard core :yikes

When does a concert become too over inflated to go :howl

Welll Snood got word that Joe Bonamassa was coming back to Orlando in February and Prefan sales started today..................soooooooooooooooooooooo

Snood said koo a nice February guitar concert at a venue in downtown Orlando - koo let's get some tix - not the biggest fan, but last time he was here was last year at a place called the plaza......Steven Wilson is playing it in November. Tickets for that Joe Bonamassa were like 30 to 40 bux small venue. Less than a 1/3 of what he is asking a year later.

wellllll go to order tix............and went WTF!!!??? :yikes

Minimum priced tix were 89 bux plus all the fees in the balcony..........in the lower section `125 to 149 plus all the fees

for freaking Joe Bonamassa what the hell??

It's not like it is Paul McCartney or Pink Floyd or The Stones or Bruce Springsteen or damn near anyone but Joe Bonamassa

Where does an artist with no name power get off asking that much money??

Was able to see Gary Clark Jr for 50 - Elvis Costello at the same venue on the floor seats rather close for 50 - who the hell asks 125 to 149 for one floor seat? Famous artist do..........not Joe Bonamassa :rolleyes:

Wow just Wow.......

Idiots were actually buying the seats for that much...........wow :mad:@: by the time fees were applied talking like 180 bux a seat even at the 89 with the fees 125 whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Crazy thing is.........almost all the floor seats at 149 each plus 15 in fees are sold.........OMG

You'd think Stevie Ray had risen and was playing a concert..........not freaking Joe Bonamassa

When does a concert become too over inflated to go :howl

Welll Snood got word that Joe Bonamassa was coming back to Orlando in February and Prefan sales started today..................soooooooooooooooooooooo

Snood said koo a nice February guitar concert at a venue in downtown Orlando - koo let's get some tix - not the biggest fan, but last time he was here was last year at a place called the plaza......Steven Wilson is playing it in November. Tickets for that Joe Bonamassa were like 30 to 40 bux small venue. Less than a 1/3 of what he is asking a year later.

wellllll go to order tix............and went WTF!!!??? :yikes

Minimum priced tix were 89 bux plus all the fees in the balcony..........in the lower section `125 to 149 plus all the fees

for freaking Joe Bonamassa what the hell??

It's not like it is Paul McCartney or Pink Floyd or The Stones or Bruce Springsteen or damn near anyone but Joe Bonamassa

Where does an artist with no name power get off asking that much money??

Was able to see Gary Clark Jr for 50 - Elvis Costello at the same venue on the floor seats rather close for 50 - who the hell asks 125 to 149 for one floor seat? Famous artist do..........not Joe Bonamassa :rolleyes:

Wow just Wow.......

Idiots were actually buying the seats for that much...........wow :mad:@: by the time fees were applied talking like 180 bux a seat even at the 89 with the fees 125 whaaaaaaaaaaaa

Crazy thing is.........almost all the floor seats at 149 each plus 15 in fees are sold.........OMG

You'd think Stevie Ray had risen and was playing a concert..........not freaking Joe Bonamassa

I totally agree with you about Joe B. I saw him 3 tours in a row in England, but then his ticket prices doubled, and I said no thanks Joe. I'll still buy his albums, his latest Blues of Desperation is excellent, but I doubt that I will go to see him at the prices that he is now charging. It must be the fault of his manager, and his "business plan" for Joe. (n)

Tonight..
PERCY!!!!!!!!!

at the Jardín Botánico of the Complutense University in Madrid....never been there...don't know how to get there...anyway...

Haven't seen him since his "Now and Zen" tour back in Worcester, MA...we'll see..

¡Joderrrrrr!!!
Algidol y antibióticos and off to the Complu, César!!!

How was the concert? I may have lost my chance to see Robert Iive...

I couldn't stand the pain yesterday, and my ear was feeling especially bad. Today I'm feeling slightly better but I still can't speak normally.

A report about the concert will surely do me well ;)

WHOA!!!!
Last night we were "run over" by a truck that had a license plate that spelled "PERCY".

I hadn't been in such a great concert in a while, and bless him, he still hits some high notes and looks the part..it was half Zep and half new stuff...some later solo stuff, but no early solo stuff...AND IT WAS LOUD!! (well, we were "first row")

Got a great view, the band was excellent and it was definitely worth seeing a legend.

(There were SO MANY PEOPLE wearing Zep T-shirts, I felt like Jeremy Piven in that movie going "Don't BE THAT GUY!!")..
Excellent!!

Here's the only decent photo:
CAM00166a_zpsnyy2bul3.jpg

How was the concert? I may have lost my chance to see Robert Iive...

I couldn't stand the pain yesterday, and my ear was feeling especially bad. Today I'm feeling slightly better but I still can't speak normally.

A report about the concert will surely do me well ;)

Don't know if it will make you feel better, pero estuvo de putísima madre (translation -it was really f*ckin' awesome!)...you missed out on a great concert, I'm really sorry for you and that you are feeling bad..
BUT

OTOH

HOW WAS DAVID GILMOUR IN POMPEII???

¡Que te mejores pronto!

Don't know if it will make you feel better, pero estuvo de putísima madre (translation -it was really f*ckin' awesome!)...you missed out on a great concert, I'm really sorry for you and that you are feeling bad..
BUT

OTOH

HOW WAS DAVID GILMOUR IN POMPEII???

¡Que te mejores pronto!

you missed the guided tour?! :D

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?20544-ALL-ABOUT-MUSIC-2-Non-Surround-Not-Covered-In-Other-Threads&p=302743&viewfull=1#post302743

Back