The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3a87fb76-c531-11e2-9f8f-338f002370a8.jpg
My wife and I are seeing Dr. John this coming Thursday as part of the SF Jazz Fest. She is on the album cover rear of Tango Palace and we are going to bring the album to the show to see if he will sign it. I am sure he will if we can get it to him on stage. She is in the barroom photo, lower left.

Dinosaur Jr (the draw for us) and Jane's Addiction in Cleveland tonight. General admission (yech!). Heat advisory.

The Hall & Oates show was good and meh.

The GREAT - Trombone Shorty opened the show and was phenomenal. (I highly recommend that if you can see him take the opportunity). The Good - Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings were second and, for someone who has cancer, she put on one helluva show. The Meh - Hall & Oates were kind of lackluster. Daryl Hall can no longer hit those notes and there were lots of extended "jams". After about 12 or 13 minutes of "I Can't Go For That" I was actually hoping for a quick end. Everything was played in, what sounded like, slow motion.

Plus, and I think I have said this before, but when did it become ok to stand and talk through the entire show. Man it's annoying.

Just added tickets to see Danny Seraphine and his band California Transit Authority with guests Bill Champlain and Donnie Dacus - formerly of Chicago. $25 for a ticket at the Arcada.

Saw Bocephus King at the Royal Hotel in Nelson, BC last night, June 23.
An amazing guy who is actually from my home town of Delta, yet the first time I've seen him live.
His 6th album, Saint Eunice, was recently released.

A portion of what remains of Yes (that portion carrying the Yes moniker), this week at the Ohio State Fair (no, really...). Tickets expensive as ever, or more, actually (no cotton candy prices despite the venue). Eager to hear what they can do with two sides of Tales! And I'll ask Steve Howe how he likes the Tales surround mix...

Heading to see America tomorrow evening, looking forward to it! Have not seen them in the past, and like so many acts for us old folks this might be the last chance.

Heading to see America tomorrow evening, looking forward to it! Have not seen them in the past, and like so many acts for us old folks this might be the last chance.

GREAT!

Saw them a bit way back in 81(82?) tour ..the "You can do magic" tour (View from the ground LP) ...they were really good!!!!

OK, so it's been a while...hope the spirit is there....

Enjoy...

GREAT!

Saw them a bit way back in 81(82?) tour ..the "You can do magic" tour (View from the ground LP) ...they were really good!!!!

OK, so it's been a while...hope the spirit is there....

Enjoy...

Thanks! Dewey and Gerry are still headlining so I expect I'll leave a happy camper. (y)

She and me at America last night, we had a GREAT time! Took the one band picture during the encore so as not to disturb others. ;)

IMG_0511_zpsaezfjqk3.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsrta86fxx.jpg

I saw Tears For Fears last night; their first UK gig in 11 years!

Suffice to say, they knocked it out of the park and were completely awesome :)

IMG_8171.jpg

Last edited:
Yes at the Ohio State Fair a few nights ago...thanks to traffic and road closures related to sporting events, a concert by one of the Jonas Brothers, and the fair itself, we missed most of the first half of the show, which included performance of the Drama album. Second half included half of Tales, and the souvenir T-shirt for VIP tickets is also a Tales theme. This was only the second performance of those tracks on tour with this lineup, I think, because they were doing Drama and Fragile on the just-completed European tour. Nevertheless, they sounded great. All played with a lot of enthusiasm, and Steve Howe really stands out as representing the old band. Drummer sitting in for Alan White doing well considering the circumstances...I am sure he will get better as the tour progresses. After show, Steve said that he heard a portion of the Tales surround mixes and liked what he heard.

Catch them if you can!

Tonight, my family & I are attending the Bryan Ferry concert at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville!
This is my first Roxy Music-related concert, so I'm really looking forward to it!
I'll try my best to post a review of the show in the next few days!

:) :banana:

Prophets of Rage
Postmodern Jukebox
Australian Pink Floyd

All on the horizon.

There are several concerts that we've taken in over the last few weeks.

Guns n Roses w/Alice in Chains at Soldier Field Chicago.

Luke Bryan at Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee Summerfest.

Tower of Power last Friday at Arcada Theater St. Charles IL. Great show!

Sadly, we got comp tickets for Danny Seraphine (Serafini) w/Bill Champlin & Donnie Dacus at the Arcada Theater in St. Charles IL on Saturday, but could not attend. We had every intention of going, but I suddenly felt ill an hour before we were due to leave for the show.

Sorry you were feeling ill. The show was great and long. However, I don't know if you have ever heard of Tony Ocean but he is normally a Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin karaoke guy. Well he has a Cheap Trick tribute band called Dream Police. They played for 50 minutes. It seemed like 2 hours. And I love Cheap Trick.

The Danny Seraphine band was really great. They had Bill Champlin and Donnie Dacus along. They played for about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Next show at the Arcada will be Toto on August 13.

hope you are feeling better!

Get better Linda!!!

My next show(s):

KING CRIMSON
at
the Aylesbury Theater (only UK shows)

and then in Madrid in November (yes, both again...can't never have enough KCrimson!!)

Back