The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoo-Hoo!!! Just scored a pair of tickets to see "The Nightmare Before Christmas" at the Hollywood Bowl October 30th, with the score performed live, and the vocals performed live by Danny Elfman, Catherine O'Hara, Ken Page, and Paul Reubens (all original singing voices from the movie). :banana:

Picked up a pair of Tix for Steven Wilson on November 5th in Los Angeles at the Belasco... it's very small and general admission only, but my son's growth spurt this year has finally made GA an option! We saw Steven for Hand.Cannot.Erase. and my son's been begging to go again ever since... How could I say no?! ;)

My Steven Wilson plans now include Portland, LA and Solana Beach in the west and later Atlanta with my son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a pair of Tix for Steven Wilson on November 5th in Los Angeles at the Belasco... it's very small and general admission only, but my son's growth spurt this year has finally made GA an option! We saw Steven for Hand.Cannot.Erase. and my son's been begging to go again ever since... How could I say no?! ;)

Snood got some balcony seats for the Orlando show think it Nov 11th friday......you can let me know how good it was:banana:

Last edited:
I scored some good (FREE) seats for Jeff Lynne's ELO at the Hollywood Bowl last Saturday. Big Old Production with The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, Jeff's Band, Lasers, Projections on everything around the Bowl Theater that ended with a fantastic fireworks show timed perfectly to Roll Over Beethoven. Great night... until you try to leave their parking lot.

I scored some good (FREE) seats for Jeff Lynne's ELO at the Hollywood Bowl last Saturday. Big Old Production with The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, Jeff's Band, Lasers, Projections on everything around the Bowl Theater that ended with a fantastic fireworks show timed perfectly to Roll Over Beethoven. Great night... until you try to leave their parking lot.

Seeing them in NYC this weekend. I can't wait! I never thought I'd get an opportunity to see Jeff Lynne in concert (he's been a bit of a recluse these last few decades!) So I'm very psyched.

T-Minus 30 Hours!
black_0.jpg

Last night, Neko Case at the wonderful Santa Fe Opera venue.

The evening started with a set by the Jay Farrar Trio which I didn't really care for. Not awful or anything but after 3 songs it all just sounded the same - he seems to have limited range in both voice and writing style. Also, 75 minutes was way too much for an opener.

Neko came on with a stripped down version of the band we saw her with last tour - just her, Jon Rauhouse on guitar and pedal steel, Eric Bachman on guitar and a bit of piano, Tom V Ray on bass. Setlist was a good selection of stuff from early years to the latest album. A bit too short though - her main set was 60 minutes.....wtf? Opening band plays longer than main attraction???? C'mon Neko....

Decided (again) that I want to see OPETH. Got a ticket for radio city music Hall on October 1 in New York City. Driving up from Atlantic City - parking reservation by Spot Hero $19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... well.. well..

(No, not 3 holes in the ground.. :D ...but get ready for a major tale of WOAH.. I mean, woe. :violin )

Well, tonight my dear QQ friends, I was supposed to be going to see my hero, Sir Elton of John, Live at the iTunes Festival at The Roundhouse.. that unfortunately did not happen.. and here is my sorry tale;

In a nutshell, I was refused admission.. on the grounds that I do not possess the required Photo ID.

Why do I not have anything with my photo on it about my person?

1.) I do not carry a Drivers' Licence.

Why?

I have epilepsy (lived with it the last 25 years) and since the prognosis is that I will more than likely have to be on medication to control it for the rest of my life, I am unable - no, unfit - to drive a motor car.. and so I do not have, nor need, a Driver's Licence (which here in the UK have the necessary Photo ID on them),

2.) I do not currently hold a valid UK Passport.
(which here in the UK have the necessary Photo ID on them).

Why?

Around 10-ish years ago (slightly less, maybe 8 years?) I developed a morbid fear of flying after one too many bad experiences, so that scotched that.. and I've never flown since. Also, I never have the time nor inclination to travel abroad recreationally by land or sea either (I haven't had a proper holiday, going away, that is, for many years.. I have had a few "staycations" to recharge the batteries and some brief sojourns within the UK, thank God.. but nothing that requires a Passport) and I no longer work for a company based in another country as I used to. Put simply, I do not need nor do I want a Passport.

I tried everything I could to persuade the various decision makers there, shoved in an undignified manner from pillar to post, from door staff, to security, to a member of the Apple/iTunes staff at the box office or desk or whatever it was, ultimately to a member of the venue's management.. they were indignant.

I was absolutely, definitely, without hesitation or further consideration, no way Jose, getting in, on the basis that I do not own either of these two forms of Photo Identification (and so did not have either on my person this evening to present as proof of identity to any of those respective staff and agencies to whom I appealed).

This was after queuing up for an hour outside (after a day's work I was already a little whacked but got my second wind, I was going to see EJ, soon all would be good with the world and my Duracell's recharged with the power of his music) where none of the sundry staff around the area outside the venue had mentioned I'd need any such ID..) ..oh and having gone through airport style security, through some hideous walk-through presumed metal detector type contraption and padded down manually and with paddles by an assortment of goons (which in and of themselves was all ever so slightly traumatising, as they were somewhat reminiscent of part of the whole airport/flying experience I have come to so abhor.. and these people still would not let me in.

So, I promptly came home again, on a hot and smelly tube, just zoned out and totally deflated.

No gig, no EJ, no kiss kiss, no bang bang.

Not even an encore of Can You Feel My Disappointment Tonight..?

I am not a terrorist. I am a fan.

I respect the wishes of the venue and all involved in the organisation of the event.. and I said as much to the Manageress who ultimately drove the final nail in my coffin of ever getting in to the gig tonight.. but really what an appalling way to treat a blameless law abiding citizen who has never and would never commit a crime of any kind, let alone an act of violence or terrorism.

The fact that they would not entertain anything else was just, incongruous to me..

..in near desperation, I said "Look, here's my wallet with various cards of some description, including my Medical Exemption card for my chronic condition, all with my name on them, plus you can see my Facebook, with a mugshot of me, also with my name on it.. and as far as I'm aware I'm the only Adam-Blue Buckley in the World.. and certainly the only one with this face, nobody could be that unlucky.. but that was seemingly too technical and too practical a workaround solution for Apple's staff at their iTunes Festival.

No dice. Piss off ugly.

So, yeah, that was my latest/recent/upcoming gig experience.

Just thought I'd share it with you all here.

So memorable.. sadly for all the wrong reasons.

Wow. how badly does that suck. Sounds like its time to get a passport. Even if you don't fly. If you were to get arrested for any reason, how would you prove your identity?

Well... well.. well..

(No, not 3 holes in the ground.. :D ...but get ready for a major tale of WOAH.. I mean, woe. :violin )

Well, tonight my dear QQ friends, I was supposed to be going to see my hero, Sir Elton of John, Live at the iTunes Festival at The Roundhouse.. that unfortunately did not happen.. and here is my sorry tale;

In a nutshell, I was refused admission.. on the grounds that I do not possess the required Photo ID.

Why do I not have anything with my photo on it about my person?

1.) I do not carry a Drivers' Licence.

Why?

I have epilepsy (lived with it the last 25 years) and since the prognosis is that I will more than likely have to be on medication to control it for the rest of my life, I am unable - no, unfit - to drive a motor car.. and so I do not have, nor need, a Driver's Licence (which here in the UK have the necessary Photo ID on them),

2.) I do not currently hold a valid UK Passport.
(which here in the UK have the necessary Photo ID on them).

Why?

Around 10-ish years ago (slightly less, maybe 8 years?) I developed a morbid fear of flying after one too many bad experiences, so that scotched that.. and I've never flown since. Also, I never have the time nor inclination to travel abroad recreationally by land or sea either (I haven't had a proper holiday, going away, that is, for many years.. I have had a few "staycations" to recharge the batteries and some brief sojourns within the UK, thank God.. but nothing that requires a Passport) and I no longer work for a company based in another country as I used to. Put simply, I do not need nor do I want a Passport.

I tried everything I could to persuade the various decision makers there, shoved in an undignified manner from pillar to post, from door staff, to security, to a member of the Apple/iTunes staff at the box office or desk or whatever it was, ultimately to a member of the venue's management.. they were indignant.

I was absolutely, definitely, without hesitation or further consideration, no way Jose, getting in, on the basis that I do not own either of these two forms of Photo Identification (and so did not have either on my person this evening to present as proof of identity to any of those respective staff and agencies to whom I appealed).

This was after queuing up for an hour outside (after a day's work I was already a little whacked but got my second wind, I was going to see EJ, soon all would be good with the world and my Duracell's recharged with the power of his music) where none of the sundry staff around the area outside the venue had mentioned I'd need any such ID..) ..oh and having gone through airport style security, through some hideous walk-through presumed metal detector type contraption and padded down manually and with paddles by an assortment of goons (which in and of themselves was all ever so slightly traumatising, as they were somewhat reminiscent of part of the whole airport/flying experience I have come to so abhor.. and these people still would not let me in.

So, I promptly came home again, on a hot and smelly tube, just zoned out and totally deflated.

No gig, no EJ, no kiss kiss, no bang bang.

Not even an encore of Can You Feel My Disappointment Tonight..?

I am not a terrorist. I am a fan.

I respect the wishes of the venue and all involved in the organisation of the event.. and I said as much to the Manageress who ultimately drove the final nail in my coffin of ever getting in to the gig tonight.. but really what an appalling way to treat a blameless law abiding citizen who has never and would never commit a crime of any kind, let alone an act of violence or terrorism.

The fact that they would not entertain anything else was just, incongruous to me..

..in near desperation, I said "Look, here's my wallet with various cards of some description, including my Medical Exemption card for my chronic condition, all with my name on them, plus you can see my Facebook, with a mugshot of me, also with my name on it.. and as far as I'm aware I'm the only Adam-Blue Buckley in the World.. and certainly the only one with this face, nobody could be that unlucky.. but that was seemingly too technical and too practical a workaround solution for Apple's staff at their iTunes Festival.

No dice. Piss off ugly.

Urrrrrrrrrrrgh OMG Freddypooooos that is the major suckage. So sorry my friend :(

Well... well.. well....................

So sorry , Adam...these times really suck...I'm sure that anyone that might have wanted to do some serious harm would have been let in, too....
Soooooo....lesson, even if you don't need it, ALWAYS have a Passport with you(you never know when you are gonna need it)....

(Un)Luckily , in Spain you HAVE to have a "National" ID card (DNI-=Documento Nacional de Identidad" for locals or a NIE ="Número de Identificación de Extranjero" for immigrants , like moi, which , BTW you have to carry AT ALL TIMES, unless you want to wind up with a nice chunky fine and/or in Jail)..so I always make sure I have it with me...

So so sorry for you , knowing that Sir Elton of John is your ALL TIME FAVE....

Back