The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TPT-touring with Gavin Harrison, only European dates so far though.
Posted on Facebook today.

We are delighted to announce a string of European dates for early 2017, which sees us visiting Germany, The Netherlands, the Czech Republic, France, and the UK. We are also thrilled to announce that we will be joined by none other than Gavin Harrison​ on drums.
We will be performing Your Wilderness plus a string of re-imagined favourites from our back catalogue. With an expanded 5-piece line-up including Darran Charles on additional guitar duties, this will be a live show not to be missed. Special guest support is from Kscope label mates GODSTICKS​.

20.01 Patronaat, Haarlem NL
21.01 Uden, De Pul NL
22.01 Zwolle, Hedon NL
24.01 Aschaffenburg, Colos Saal DE
25.01 Oberhausen, Eisenlager DE
26.01 Berlin, Frannz club DE
27.01 Prague, Futurum Music Bar CZ
28.01 Dresden, Tante Ju DE
29.01 Hamburg, Knust DE
31.01 Maastricht, Muziekgieterij NL
01.02 Paris, Le Divan Du Monde FR
09.02 Glasgow, ABC2 UK
10.02 Manchester, Sound Control UK
11.02 London, Islington Assembly Hall UK
Further details and ticket info can be found at:
www.pineapplethief.com/tour/
We hope to see you on what promises to be a very special tour!

I hate "damaging decibels" at concerts, but I found the sound quality of Steven Wilson on the "Hand.Cannot.Erase." Tour to be exactly what I expect from any concert... no distortion and no ear plugs needed! (Both of which are rarities at live rock shows these days)... liked it so much I bought tickets to see him again in November... don't miss it!
Sorry if others have already posted on this but what's the word on the 2016 Steven Wilson tour? He'll be so close by but I'm on the fence because my hearing is important and have no need for damaging dB's. This sounds good:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/31/steven-wilson-review-city-hall-newcastle-porcupine-tree-cannot-erase

I hate "damaging decibels" at concerts, but I found the sound quality of Steven Wilson on the "Hand.Cannot.Erase." Tour to be exactly what I expect from any concert... no distortion and no ear plugs needed! (Both of which are rarities at live rock shows these days)... liked it so much I bought tickets to see him again in November... don't miss it!
Thanks skherbeck, that helps. SW will be in Solana Beach in November and I haven't had a chance to hear/see him live but would like to.

Thanks skherbeck, that helps. SW will be in Solana Beach in November and I haven't had a chance to hear/see him live but would like to.

Well, you were lucky , cause when I saw them last year they were LOUD as hell!!!
Since I had seen them on the "Raven" tour and the volume was perfect, I didn't bother to pack earplugs for this one..and I definitely should have..
It wasn't EAR SPLITTING , but it was quite uncomfortable...I had to cover my ears for most of the concert

It wasn't EAR SPLITTING , but it was quite uncomfortable...I had to cover my ears for most of the concert

Have seen the current tour four times last year and The sound level was always very good. I'm already planning on seeing it four times in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you were lucky , cause when I saw them last year they were LOUD as hell!!!
Since I had seen them on the "Raven" tour and the volume was perfect, I didn't bother to pack earplugs for this one..and I definitely should have..

I guess maybe it depends on the venue... hope I get lucky again (I love getting lucky.)

What kap'n didn't confess was that he stood all the gig in first row. Close to the mixing desk it wasn't that loud, though I reckon I was about to use my earbuds a couple of times

I saw SW in Bristol and it was loud, no blood from the ears though! Saw Motorhead at Wembley Area once, 4 of us in the car back having to shout at each other to get over the ringing noise in the ears, and I stood at the very back by the mixing desk!!

What kap'n didn't confess was that he stood all the gig in first row. Close to the mixing desk it wasn't that loud, though I reckon I was about to use my earbuds a couple of times

¡Cesaaaarr, tío!!! jejejeje
Yes, I was in front of the speakers, but , it was much louder than the Raven tour!!!

(EDIT; yes, I ALWAYS like to be in first row, I like the artist to play FOR ME....there are few exceptions, but I really don't care if the mix SUCKS in the front, it's seeing the white in the artist's eyes...Like in the Julieta Venegas gig , where I wound up smelling like her perfume!!!)

¡Cesaaaarr, tío!!! jejejeje
Yes, I was in front of the speakers, but , it was much louder than the Raven tour!!!

(EDIT; yes, I ALWAYS like to be in first row, I like the artist to play FOR ME....there are few exceptions, but I really don't care if the mix SUCKS in the front, it's seeing the white in the artist's eyes...Like in the Julieta Venegas gig , where I wound up smelling like her perfume!!!)

I hate to break it to you, but the artist is actually playing for ME, the guy in the back row!! ;)

i remember i got chatting with one of Elton's sound engineer chappies before a gig (I don't know if that fellow is still in that role and to my shame I can't even remember his name now, even though i met him a few times.. long time ago now.. iirc he said the best seat in the house was around the mixing desk which was roughly in the centre maybe a bit back from there I think but somewhere kinda central.. and that they did try and get as good a sound as possible all round.. whatever they did it sounded great, many times the sound was great at his gigs in that time, its only been the more recent shows where its been too loud for my liking.. i'm guessing i was somewhere in the first few rows more than likely at that show as that was one of the perks of paid Rocket membership you could get tickets right up front for not a lot of money and sometimes they even gave away freebies which was amazing... especially nice to be sat next to all your fan club buddies show after show.. and that was a more modest outdoor solo gig, just EJ and his piano on a small stage in front of a big old mansion, on his stately homes tour.. approx 10-15 years ago I guess now, something like that.. oh how time flies and all that.. ahh.. good times.. :eek:
..oh and he's on BBC 2 in a minute (the Hyde Park gig from a couple of weeks ago, for any fellow Brits who didn't catch it already or didn't go and fancy seeing it! :phones

Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Buddy Miller, The Milk Carton Kids
Concert for Lampedusa, Jesuit Refugee Services fundraiser

Fortunate to have this 11-date tour roll through our small city on Interstate 80 last night.
"Nashville Guitar Pull" format, backing each other in turn.
Impeccable vocal harmonies, acoustic instruments in spare, tasteful arrangements.
Buddy and a sideman broke out electrics, baritone gtr, brushes on snare for the more rocking numbers.

Highlights were Steve doing Woody Guthrie's Deportee & Copperhead Road, and Emmy singing Pancho & Lefty.

The inter-web indicates Robert Plant plans to join the tour for the big city dates.

Oct 11-- St. Louis, MO
Oct 12* Milwaukee, WI
Oct 13* Chicago, IL
Oct 14* Toronto, ON
Oct 16* Boston, MA
Oct 18* New York, NY
Oct 19* Philadelphia, PA
Oct 21* Washington, DC

*Robert Plant scheduled to appear http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/rob...harris-lampedusa-concerts-refugees-2016-09-23

Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman were in town last night and we had lovely seats in front of a be-caped Mr. W. A splendid time was had by all. Here's a pre-show snap of Rick's rig complete with 2 new Model D Minimoogs!

2016-10-10%2019.53.47_zpsyteusk6n.jpg

Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman were in town last night and we had lovely seats in front of a be-caped Mr. W. A splendid time was had by all. Here's a pre-show snap of Rick's rig complete with 2 new Model D Minimoogs!

How were they? I'm reading good reviews of them, especially about Jon Anderson's voice, but many reviews aren't entirely complimentary about Trevor Rabin (who's guitar playing I don't particularly enjoy anyway). I'm seeing them in London next year, by which time I hope they will have a more interesting and braver setlist, with hopefully a new song or 2.

How were they? I'm reading good reviews of them, especially about Jon Anderson's voice, but many reviews aren't entirely complimentary about Trevor Rabin (who's guitar playing I don't particularly enjoy anyway). I'm seeing them in London next year, by which time I hope they will have a more interesting and braver setlist, with hopefully a new song or 2.

Yes, Jon was in fine voice and all seemed to be having a marvelous time. Trevor was Trevor and they (quite appropriately IMO) rearranged a fair amount of the 70's material to suit his style. As you'd expect the set list was a mix of 70's and 80's pieces leaning more to the 70's (thanks in part, of course, to those pieces being much longer in length!). Lee Pomeroy (bass) and Lou Molino (drums) were outstanding. Pomeroy in particular had many shining moments most notably his solo in The Fish which they played in tribute to Chris Squire.

I just learned that Richard Thompson is playing in Nashville at city winery tomorrow night! I have missed this amazing fellow at least a dozen times so I better get it together quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back