The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw Eric Idle & John Cleese in Phoenix last night. Great show, and after I got to stand within two feet of John Cleese and receive his autograph. Normally I am not a big autograph guy, but since a long conversation seemed out of the question, I took the next best thing. The show is really fun. Catch it if you can!

OK, so ...I'm a KC addict...hello, my name is....

ooooohhhhhhh

today...I just LOOOOVE the fact that they change the set list, but today Tony (who are we kidding? you may think it's Robert's band..and yes , he's the guiding light ...but LIVE...KC is TONY'S baby....he CARRIES the band ,,,bassist anyone?)
and today "Red" was a totally left field approach..it was a Tony Lev SOLO all around...he was just took over the Captain's seat.....like he did yesterday..but today..he probably had some Rioja or Ribera del Duero last night...and he loved it.....and WE loved it...

and can we say

WHOOOOOAAA-EEEYYYY
YYYYEEEEHHHAHHAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

that's some thigh slapping rhythm a 'goin'...

You can NEVER have enough KCRIMSON LIVE!!!!!

(EDIT: my bad..it wasn't during "Red", it was during "LTIA II"...this brain of mine... :=P ...but still, Tony definitely carries the group...he's my hero!!!!)

----------------

Here are a few glowing (what else would they be?...even a VERY RESPECTFUL one from a guy who barely knew of them!). Sorry , but you're gonna have to use our friend Google , unless you are fluent in Spanish..)

[url]http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2016/11/22/actualidad/1479772022_729333.html
[/URL] (apparently theseguys could not be bothered to get a NEW photo...well that's SPAIN in a nutshell for you!...you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.... and elephants)

This one is from a RIGHT WING newspaper...
http://www.abc.es/cultura/musica/abci-reino-king-crimson-no-este-mundo-201611221139_noticia.html

The guy who was not very familiar (HEATHEN!)
http://diablorock.com/2016/11/23/cronica-king-crimson-madrid-22-de-noviembre-de-2016/

Just heading off tonight to see Motorhead's Phil Campbell's All Stars, saw them at HawkEaster, they were great, really rocked. Got to get a :beer2 in the pub first!

Just heading off tonight to see Motorhead's Phil Campbell's All Stars, saw them at HawkEaster, they were great, really rocked. Got to get a :beer2 in the pub first!
It turned out it was Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons (not his All Stars band), really good fun gig and LOUD, sadly only about 200-ish people turned up (the Town Hall didn't advertise it that well), but everybody seemed to enjoyed it including the band. Phil Campbell made a nice gesture by saying he'll come back next year to help support our local Town Hall (which has become a charity), so with luck it'll be a full house next time.

The Aristocrats conclude their world tour tonight with ONE U.S. date at Guitar Sanctuary in McKinney, TX. I attended the clinic this afternoon and awaiting the actual concert now.
b6501aee069c546d7886688fb9d17c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off tomorrow to "Giants Of Rock 2017", and the really annoying thing is Ian Anderson is on at the same time as Steve Hackett :mad: but Focus should be good on Friday and The Pretty Things on Sunday afternoon - looks like Eric Bell (original Thin Lizzy) has pulled out though.

Giants Of Rock 2017 (287x1280).jpg

Off tomorrow to "Giants Of Rock 2017", and the really annoying thing is Ian Anderson is on at the same time as Steve Hackett :mad: but Focus should be good on Friday and The Pretty Things on Sunday afternoon - looks like Eric Bell (original Thin Lizzy) has pulled out though.

View attachment 28427

Tough choice, but I would go with Hackett. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the bands were really good at the "Giants Of Rock" weekend, I'd say though that one of the highlights was John Lee's Barclay James Harvest who were brilliant. Nick Beggs was playing with Steve Hackett, what an outstanding Bass player. Rather too much Real Ale was consumed :) :brew - in one of the local pubs, rather than the venue which was way too Lager orientated :( but it did mean way more time was spent watching bands whilst sobering up!

Edit: I liked the songs Steve Hackett played from the soon to be released "The Night Siren"

Saw Geoff Tate at the Castle Theater in Normal, Illinois. What a great show it was. He is an amazing, down to earth performer. His voice is still wonderful.
If his name doesn't ring a bell, he's the voice you know behind Queensryche. :)

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

No clue if this video will post correctly. I suppose youtube will kill it...dunno.

[video=youtube_share;4vFcfR4mByc]https://youtu.be/4vFcfR4mByc[/video]

But you didn't hang around to watch The Smithereens on Saturday? Never seen them, but I have their 1989 album "11", which reminds me I haven't listened to it in ages, I'll have to give it a spin!

Saw Geoff Tate at the Castle Theater in Normal, Illinois. What a great show it was. He is an amazing, down to earth performer. His voice is still wonderful.
If his name doesn't ring a bell, he's the voice you know behind Queensryche. :)

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

But you didn't hang around to watch The Smithereens on Saturday? Never seen them, but I have their 1989 album "11", which reminds me I haven't listened to it in ages, I'll have to give it a spin!

The Smithereens = awesome band. I have some of their stuff on 4-track. Wish I had some of the stuff on vinyl.

The Smithereens = awesome band. I have some of their stuff on 4-track. Wish I had some of the stuff on vinyl.

The 1st 3 were awesome Especially for You, 11 and Green Thoughts

Snood saw them on Green Thoughts tour - very koo concert by underrated koo band. :smokin:banana:

Thats :cool: :banana: They are a good band, I don't think they played the UK, at least not where I could get to.

Snood saw them on Green Thoughts tour - very koo concert by underrated koo band. :smokin:banana:

Yup, I would've hung around for the Smithereens too...
MAN, it brings back memories!!!!
I got a promo cut out copy of "Green Thoughts" when I was working at Tower Records in Boston 87-88 back when it came out and played the hell out of it ...so much so that I had to get it on CD!!!!
Never seen them live (I think they have a different drummer too)...

For the past two nights (Feb 14 & 15) Tim (timbre4) and I have been in prog paradise attending both of Steve Hackett's concerts at City Winery in Nashville!
The first half of both nights consisted of solo tracks, but the latter half of both shows was all Genesis material!
Most of the Genesis material was centered around "Wind & Wuthering", but he did manage to break out "Dance On A Volcano", "Firth Of Fifth", "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight", and "The Musical Box" both nights to great effect!
This show comes very highly recommended by yours truly, so if you love Genesis (and Classic Hackett) make sure you get a ticket for a show this year! :)

This picture is only a small sample of how close I was to the stage both nights, but if you want to see some videos, follow me on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/rtalbot7/

16711569_10211864548470038_7137042988105998845_n.jpg

George Clinton and the P Funk All Stars tomorrow night! Sprang for premium tix and looking forward to meeting GC!

I don't know exactly who uploaded this clip on YouTube but here is "The Steppes" from Steve Hackett Night #1 in Nashville (starting around 3 mins in):
[video=youtube_share;lDvrkp8Bhs4]https://youtu.be/lDvrkp8Bhs4?t=3m3s[/video]

Don't miss the Experience Hendrix 2017 Tour featuring Billy Cox, Buddy Guy, Zakk Wylde & many more at the Fox Theater in Oakland on February 24th!
Experience Hendrix | Friday, February 24th

I will be going next Friday, for buying advanced tickets they included, sent in the mail, the RBCD version of Machine Gun/Fillmore East show, pretty nice of them even though I already have the AP SACD.

Back