The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to see Grandaddy at Colston Hall bristol UK tomorrow:music

Wanted to see them in Cambridge a few years back, (I was visiting a mate nearby) thought I'd be able to get tickets on the door, so we headed over there, but no, was sold out:scream

Next weekend Hawkwind at HawkEaster, I've heard a track off the soon to be released album, and it sounds excellent like the 73-75 Hawkwind.

Not until September but bought tickets for X and 2 weeks later The Fleet Foxes. I have never seen X but been a fan since high school. Old enough that I took the next day off ( I work at 4am).

Fleet Foxes rule. My youngest son loves them.

Got Fleet Foxes tickets for the Seattle Paramount in Sept.
I thought they had broken apart.
I've been meaning to look them up and see what's up.

Gee GOS, they're a Seattle band had no idea folks out in the hinterland had any idea about them. ;)
But I'm glad they do,. Great music and imo copied by several other more famous bands that don't do it nearly as well cough Mumford cough

Edit: Apparently they have new album out this June!! First one since 2011.

Oooohhhh....oh, man,oh, man,oh, man,oh, man,oh, man,oh, man,---
WHAT A BLAST!
Last night...the Adrian Belew POWER Trio...was front and center with Adrian literally SPITTING on me while singing....

OK, it's as if KCrimson were FUN!!!

Ade was a blast, Julie is a MONSTER BASSIST (and a SWEETIE!!!she even gave me a hug after the gig and talked shop!), and Tobias is another monster!!!!!

Ade and Julie were nice enough to take selfies with me!!!!

The Oscar winner and some guy:
IMG_20170416_001250a_zpsey63wemq.jpg

The Monster bassist (and sweetie) and the same guy:
IMG_20170416_001146a_zps88csr2kf.jpg

Ade , the Twang Bar King:
IMG_20170415_221725_zpsbycckkum.jpg

As I mentioned in Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2 yesterday I went to see Steve Hackett at St. Davids Hall Cardiff, I had an aftershow pass and went backstage to meet Nick Beggs, also there was Rob Reed of Magenta so we had a short chat about multchannel and QuadraphonicQuad, I asked if he had thought about mixing other peoples music, but he didn't seem too keen on the idea, also he asked me about offering his mixes in digital such as flac or wav, I told him that it was a possibility and that I had bought music in that form.
I didn't think to get a photo of us but did get one of the band on stage earlier.

HackettGig.jpg

Chicago Blues Reunion at Arcada Theater St. Charles, IL 5/12/17 Barry Goldberg, Nick Gravenites, Harvey Mandel, Corky Siegel, with backing band including Gary Mallaber and Rick Reed.

I have a DVD/CD of them. Also have a poster signed by the guys from a few years ago. Grew up with Nick's cousin.

The Revolution (as in Prince and the...) in the DC 'burbs last Thursday. Some deep funky workin' out. Wendy carries the band, IMHO. They played hard and kept the comments about their lost leader brief.

OKaaaayyyyy....

So , I got my air tix and my TICKET to see SAGA in Munich , after seeing them in 1981 in San Juan!!!!!

This is their LAST tour and I just HAD to see them .. I even sent a message on FB to Michael Sadler and he even replied and was a LOVELY guy!!!

Can't wait to see them....

BTW, it's the same venue as the "Spin it again" DVD/BD!!!!!

Going to see Martin Barre tomorrow at a really cool venue.
Checking out his recent set lists, I found a gem he plays once in a while: Blackest Eyes by PT!
Nice heavy version. Probably searchable on Youtube.
Sure hope it is on tomorrows set list!

Other upcoming shows:

Sammy Hagar
Gin Blossoms
Gary Clark Jr.
Blue October
Shivering Timbers
St Paul & the Broken Bones (If you never heard of these guys check out the live in Boston show on YT)
The Arkells
Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter

So many shows. So little $$$$

This morning, I purchased tickets to see Kansas at the Virginia Theater in Champaign. It's not until October, but will shortly be sold out. They will be performing Leftoverture in entirety and also many other tunes. I hear they plan on playing 2.5 hours.

I know, I Know. Not original members from the hayday, but I hear they put on a great show in 2017. I'm in row 10, slightly off center. Aisle seats, so I can make a quick run for brews or wine.

YES!!

Tonight: Gojira / Opeth. Last night was A Perfect Circle; all these are Nashville. Also shows for Carl Palmer, Victor Wooten and Midnight Oil in Chicago in 2 weeks. Then in June....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight: Gojira / Opeth. Last night was A Perfect Circle; all these are Nashville. Also shows for Carl Palmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also at both of these shows too, and I'll probably be at Carl Palmer too. (So much talent passing through Nashville this year!)
Opeth were amazing, but as good as they were, they could not quite top A Perfect Circle for me.
Maynard James Keenan and company just brought on a heck of a performance, and we had amazing seats too!
Too many highlights from that show, but the one that really sounded the best to me was "Rose", which comes from their first record "Mer de Noms".

When it comes to Opeth, "In My Time of Need" (From "Damnation") was so gorgeous, and they also tore into some great metal classics like "Ghost of Perdition" too.
Their co-headliner Gojira was mostly bland and sterile.

Finally felt good to cross both of those bands off of my concert list! :)

A couple of Los Angels Wiltern shows coming up, Robin Trower 05/21 and then the Chick Corea Elektric band with Bela Fleck and The Flectones in August.

Back