Phase and Amplitude correct SQ & QS test tones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malcolm2010

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Hi all,

here is a link to my digitally produced Phase and Amplitude correct SQ & QS test tones to check out your software/hardware decoder. These are the tones used by Richard (Oxforddickie) to finalise and tweak his software decoding scripts and hosted by Jim (Old Quad Guy) on the Quadraphonic Info site. Tone sequence information is included in the file.

Enjoy.

http://www.quadraphonic.info/SQandQS/

Hi,
I'm busy designing a multi system decoder based on a high end ARM processor and thought these test files may well be useful. However it seems there is a problem with QS centre left and right. There should simply be tones either on Lt or Rt, but seem to be a mix with a 90 degree phase difference which would place the sound nearer the centre of the room. I'm creating my own files now as I believe OD has also done but just thought it should be mentioned.

Hi,
I'm busy designing a multi system decoder based on a high end ARM processor and thought these test files may well be useful. However it seems there is a problem with QS centre left and right. There should simply be tones either on Lt or Rt, but seem to be a mix with a 90 degree phase difference which would place the sound nearer the centre of the room. I'm creating my own files now as I believe OD has also done but just thought it should be mentioned.

The test tones OD used are (or were) the same set, I will check them but they did agree with the QS specification and were tested agains the QS side of Quadrafile.

I too found issues with both the SQ and QS tones, so created encoders so i could produce accurate tones that were used in the creation of the /II processes

Back