Foobar and upmix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Just got for peanuts (hd was broken and it was a PITA zip hdd 1.8 size) a netbook with a 5.1 analog output. Didn't knew one existed before seeing it by myself!
Finding out a hdd replacement was a hard task, and i managed to put inside a CF card with a zif adapter. Then started a XP install and everything went out ok - after various attempt due to some nasty bug in the bios.
It works. Tried with both Windvd 6 and Foobar2000 a playback of some dvd-audio, perfect - but only after removing a SRS plugin that messed up all channels.

Now for the question: what do you suggest in the Foobar components as a decent upmix plugin for stereo sources?

I suggest you wait a couple of months for new developments. *hint* *hint*

Other than that, DTS Neural Upmix works in VST form. I have an extremely hard time justifying $500 for something that, while giving you a decent soundfield, only really has one width and one depth control, only works with 44.1khz sources, etc.

I suggest you wait a couple of months for new developments. *hint* *hint*

Meanwhile?

Other than that, DTS Neural Upmix works in VST form. I have an extremely hard time justifying $500 for something that, while giving you a decent soundfield, only really has one width and one depth control, only works with 44.1khz sources, etc.

Never considered that Foobar has also a VST wrapper. This does widen up the choices.
The 44100 sources is not a limit - since the stereo library is composed at 99,8% by redbook cd.

Meanwhile?

As far as commercial choices go, Neural Upmix is he only one I've ever considered halfway interesting. Don't know much about what Boonie recommended below.

Again, with Neural Upmix, you won't get the options you will with SPEC, but it'll give you a nice spread with some decent separation. I certainly like it better than stuff like the VI Suite included with Cirlinca, etc.

I can confirm there's some development going on, but baby steps..... :)

Back