Which scripts to use?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All
I use AcousticA Premium.
I don`t think declicking your LP`s plays around with the phasing. I now OD before he does his conversions he declicks but after decoding, then he might ( denoise ) the 4 separated files, and that's the part were it will if done before decoding will play around with the phase of the music file.. not declicking.
Bill....
http://acondigital.com/shop/acoustica-premium-edition-6/

So this is refering real time declicking, rather than processing a file?
Yep. Directionally all processing (hardware i.e. capacitors, inductors, etc.) creates phase-shift, that may affect matrix decoding.

It may be the case that further improvements in digital decoding are/will be related to pre-compensating the source tracks.

It also could be the case that some issues seemingly related to lack of separation (amplitude) are instead phase-related.

I gave ClickRepair a trial some years back. I think that max declick introduced some significant extra noise which decrackle smoothed out??

I haven't noticed that. The only issue I've had with ClickRepair is that sometimes it wipes out legitimate sound along with the noise. When that happens, I just have to play around with the various levels and hope for the best.

When I was transferring a lot of 78s a few years back I noticed that the "Default 78" setting really hated Roy Rogers and Perry Como!

Back