HiRez Poll Anathema - WEATHER SYSTEMS [FLAC Download]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the HiRez 5.1 Download of Anathema - WEATHER SYSTEMS

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Can someone help me figure out how to burn the Anathema Weather System FLAC to disc?
I hope I don't have to listen to it only on my computer...

I've tried a ton of dubious programs and methods to no avail... I'd love to know how to make a DVD-A from FLAC files as well!! I hope someone volunteers the info!

Well, shame on me for my ignorance, I guess, but I thought the intention of offering an album for download was so fans could burn their own disc. :confused:
Surely the amount of fans with 5.1 setups on their computers pales in comparison to those with home stereo/surround/theater systems.

Cirlinca - DVD Audio Solo Ultra is one such program. It supports making DVDA discs from multichannel WAV or FLAC files. Search the DVDA workshop section of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.1 flac DL are fine with me. I make DVD Audios on HD Solo, costs about 20p per Verbatim DVD R disc.

Thank you for the tips & tricks.
While I'm fine with FLAC download, in theory, in order for the format to have a chance at acceptance, you'd think the download would at least come with a read me that clearly lays out how to burn the durn thing.

Baggy went with 8 on this. I haven't experienced the unevenness that some others have. And I love that whacky song in the middle. It's got mega-bass, but my system hung in there. I'm not crazy about the album being one flac. Wasn't that a hassle to mix the whole album as one project? Zoiks! :yikes
Mix is a bit unimaginative, save the whacky song. I don't even know what it's called, as I only bought the dl!!!

If you create a Cue file (it's a simple text file contains song tracks and start time) you can break it up in Foobar. Probably other ways too.

Audiomuxer can also split it also using a cue file. Thats what I used (when this came out)...

@ edisonbaggins

REM GENRE Progressive RockREM DATE 2012
PERFORMER "Anathema"
TITLE "Weather Systems"
FILE "Anathema - Weather Systems.flac" FLAC
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Untouchable Part 1"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Untouchable Part 2"
INDEX 01 06:14:13
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "The Gathering of The Clouds"
INDEX 01 11:46:00
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Lightning Song"
INDEX 01 15:15:33
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Sunlight"
INDEX 01 20:42:67
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "The Storm Before The Calm"
INDEX 01 25:34:42
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "The Beginning and The End"
INDEX 01 35:00:06
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "The Lost Child"
INDEX 01 39:52:66
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Internal Landscapes"
INDEX 01 46:53:42

copy text from quotation, paste in windows notepad and save with name of your flac file in folder where is your album's file.
after that change .txt extension to .cue

note: if this won't work, change file name in line #4 (FILE "Anathema - Weather Systems.flac" FLAC) with exact name
of your file and save.

Last edited:
@ edisonbaggins

copy text from quotation, paste in windows notepad and save with name of your flac file in folder where is your album's file.
after that change .txt extension to .cue

note: if this won't work, change file name in line #4 (FILE "Anathema - Weather Systems.flac" FLAC) with exact name
of your file and save.

Thank you for the cue sheet. Did you get it from Burning Shed or did you make it yourself?

I wrote to Burning Shed and they sent me the cue file that was missing from the download. Here it is:

Code:
PERFORMER "Anathema"
TITLE "Weather Systems"
REM Original on:
FILE "Surround-Anathema - Weather Systems 5-1 24-48 WAV files-op L 01-WAVE File.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Untouchable Part 1"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Untouchable Part 2"
    INDEX 01 06:14:00
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Gathering Of The Clouds"
    INDEX 01 11:47:00
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Lightning Song"
    INDEX 01 15:15:00
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sunlight"
    INDEX 01 20:40:00
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Storm Before The Calm"
    INDEX 01 25:35:00
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Beginning And The End"
    INDEX 01 34:58:00
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Lost Child"
    INDEX 01 39:51:00
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Internal Landscapes"
    INDEX 01 46:53:00

I just got this from eBay $14.00 delivered out of Vancouver. Brand new. Simply outstanding. The music ismind boggling. The 5.1 isvery very good dolbydigital.

I just got this from eBay $14.00 delivered out of Vancouver. Brand new. Simply outstanding. The music ismind boggling. The 5.1 isvery very good dolbydigital.

This thread is for the download. It sounds like you found the hardcopy. As for the download, IIRC, it is hi-res. I got it from Burningshed. My only complaint is it's just one file.
I tried using a tracklist type of file with it, which was supposed to carve out the individual tracks, but I could never get that to work.

Back