Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to share your PLII settings, please?

[MENU] Setup > Sound > DSP Parameter

From the Yamaha RX-V375 manual:

Panorama

Enables/disables the broadening effect of the front sound field.
When this function is enabled, you can wrap front right/left channel sounds around the field and generate a spacious sound field in combination with the surround sound field.
This setting is effective when “PLII Music” is selected.

Default Off
Set to On

Center Width
Adjusts the broadening effect of the center sound field.
Higher to enhance the broadening effect, and lower to reduce it (closer to center).

Default 3
Set to 7 (max)

Dimension
Configures the audio output settings.
Adjusts the difference in level between the front and surround sound fields.
Higher to strengthen the front sound field and lower to strengthen the surround sound field.

Default 0
Set to 3 (max)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
'Playback" Box Set 1995
Disc 3

1. Free Fallin'
2. I Won't Back Down
4. Runnin' Down A Dream
7. Learning To Fly
8. Into The Great Wide Open

Queen
"Jazz"
Japanese SACD-SHM

I bought the LP when it came out and I think it's one of the top five from their catalogue-and my all time favorite.....I have now TWO LPs, one from back in the day and one bought a few years back (a cutout) WITH the poster..of course (along with the tour de force!)!

a LOT of stuff in the rears... i'm sure it's psychoacoustics, but it sounds GREAT!!!

Don't ask me why I got it, since I am NOT a fan of SACDs, but ...I FELT LIKE IT..

and I'm really glad I got it!!!

R-3639008-1347284820-2122.jpeg.jpg

Just picked up Porcupine Tree Sky Moves Sideways 2x cd package. Holy smokes outstanding sound and music. Listening now in PLII M. Sound is incredible. Works nicely with such a textured album.

Traffic - 5 Classic Albums Box Set - PLII M 5.0
In chronological order.
The matrix really spreads grand piano, vocals and percussion.
Panning effects benefit from extra depth of the sound field, more than strictly ambience.

When Glad came on (after 2 cups of coffee with sunlight streaming in) I was out of my chair dancing.

By Low Spark, semi-discrete bass C & R, at Shootout, Rebop's hand drum hits spark from back corners.

:51banana:

I just came home from Record Store Day and am playing the new Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits on green smoke vinyl. HOLY KWAP BATMAN!!! I put it on in SQ mode on my QRX 7001 (no mods or removed resistors) and there is amazing separation. Janis is front and center, the instruments are all around me. It makes me wonder if they stumbled on an unreleased SQ master. I don't have an older version to compare it to as I always thought my quad LP of Pearl was all I needed. Boy was I wrong!

Bjork Utopia
SpecWeb...Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. 'nuff said, if your a fan, do this.

Back