Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played the Little River Band's 1975 debut (on Harvest!) yesterday and found that several of the tracks had quite a bit going on in DPLII. Though, musically speaking, I find that the album has an absolutely killer opening track...and a bunch of other songs.

Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions Revisited....

So good.....he's a guitar god.

th

Hi ALL
It`s been a wet miz :rolleyes: of a day, so I went through my box of CD`s I`v got, came across this CD did not now I had and gave it a listen( Flaunt it-Sputnik ) played through my SM. it gave a near to Quad sound I didn`t suspect to hear it was rather good, but not a every day listen,
Bill....:phones

IMG_0405.jpg

There are parts of this that almost sound like a true quad. Are you sure they didnt slip a QS mix on this? I know there is a Q8

ForumRunner_20150621_125214.jpg

Man, I've seen the hype about Henddrix in fake quad, and the fact he used out of phase info before quad. Jeez, someone should give him an award for mixing in quad before there was such a thing. Lol. Man you sure get you fill of swirling and ping pong quad guitars.

ForumRunner_20150626_094010.jpg

I am listening to Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky in QS on my QSD-1 and I can't beleive this isn't meant to be played this way. The lead vocals are clearly in front and backing vocals are very clearly in the back. Very discrete sounding instruments in front and rear too. The pressing I found today is strange. It is a Canadian Columbia record club issue, but looks like it is pressed by Capitol, and has "Made in Germany" machine stamped in the trail out area. I only wish it wasn't so abused, but that is what I get for last minute shopping at Value Village on an empty tummy waiting to go for supper.:mad:@:

Porcupine Tree The Sky Moves Sideways Screen shot 2015-07-04 at 5.29.39 PM.png DPLII, surrounds not discretely active most of the time but the content is solid. Edit: Now we're talking, TSMS alternate version on CD2 has got the big sound and clocks in at around 34:37. Any chance we can get this in high res surround? Overall, this is seriously good.

Sounding good! I almost wonder if all Alan Parsons albums were made with quad in mind

ForumRunner_20150709_110528.jpg

Listened to the latest Ozric Tentacles "Technicians Of The Sacred" (2xCD), in DD ProL II Music, and it was very immersive, some discrete activity, a lot of the double tracking/echo came out of the rears, way better than the plain stereo! I started wondering if it was deliberately done. Seating position as recommended by Sony/Philips for SACD, so closer to the rear speakers, though with the rears toed-in probably to 130-140 degrees.

Beck's 'Morning Phase', using the LP release and not the horribly compressed hi-res stereo download. The SM pushes backing vocals to the rear along with strings and anything that's dobro/slide whilst keeping percussion and bass up front with Beck's vocal front and center. Perhaps renaming it 'Morning Out-of-Phase' is more appropriate. Overall very nice :sun

IMG_3133.jpg

I wouldn't say this is a top QS/Involve performer, but it has it's moments, especially in the sound effecty parts.

ForumRunner_20150714_231038.jpg

Back