Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg

Pink Floyd Animals

square-600.jpg/
The title track with PLII is awesome and the remainder of the album is very solid in that regard. Sure wish Parsons would remaster/remix this and others in his catalog and release it in 5.1 BDA. Or maybe dig out the rumored quad mixes sitting in the vault? ;)

Beck....Morning Phase CD

Edit...
must add..sound is amazing...was afraid of the dreaded compression...SO GLAD i didn't give in to that fear and not get this....doesn't sound overly compressed at all...great solid bass and no brightness. yeah...nice! i now understand why timbre4 has listened to this hundreds of times...will be in my regular rotation right up there with the hi rez stuff!

yes! simply an amazing recording, my vote for best of this year. never was able to get into Beck too much before this album, but wow! would love to see this come out in surround.

Hi. ALL
I bought these LP`S a couple of weeks ago, they were in good condition but I still gave them a good cleaning I then recorded them on the computer and done a declick and saved them on CD I then listen to them through my Sansui QSD-2 synthesizer mode, and I tell you I thought I was listening to a Quad recording from all these LP`S I got the same Esperance I then listened to them through my Surround Master and got blown away. These are from the early 60`s stereo, I suppose they where experimenting with stereo panning and phase orientation, the Dimension`3` LP stands out from the rest these recording aren’t everybody’s cup of tea but they shore sound grate, if you can pick up the Dimension`3 LP give it a try you will be surprised.
Bill.... (y)

pic1.jpg

Return To Forever The Anthology

ReturnToForever_TheAnthology.jpg

The remastering on this 2 disc set is superb and comes across beautifully in faux quad, filling the room with sound.

Return To Forever The Anthology

View attachment 16905

The remastering on this 2 disc set is superb and comes across beautifully in faux quad, filling the room with sound.

The irksome and rather sad thing for me about this set is they took the time/trouble/expense to go back to the multi's to remix everything in spectacular, pristine fashion..and yet they didn't do a surround presentation (or at least if surround mixes were done they've never been released) such a shame :(

Is the 5.1 mix available as a stand alone DVD or BDA, or only as part of a box set?

There are other members here with far more knowledge on the subject than me but afaik, there's a box set and also a much cheaper CD + DVD-A combo. fwiw, there are a number of KC 40th Ann'y reissues done this way in CD/DVD-A sets (In The Court Of The Crimson King, Lizard, Red, etc.) all with SW remixes in 2.0/5.1 upto usual high standard.

View attachment 16569/
The title track with PLII is awesome and the remainder of the album is very solid in that regard. Sure wish Parsons would remaster/remix this and others in his catalog and release it in 5.1 BDA. Or maybe dig out the rumored quad mixes sitting in the vault? ;)

There've been rumblings of the existence of more AP surround mixes over the years (both of APP and artists he has produced, Al Stewart for example), probably down to licensing and the usual stumbling block of filthy lucre as to why none have been released?

Is the 5.1 mix available as a stand alone DVD or BDA, or only as part of a box set?

You can get the Steven Wilson 5.1 mix of Sharks' Lungs in Lemsip in a CD/DVD-A combo for a very reasonable price...

https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/4113/
http://www.amazon.com/Larks-Tongues...+tongues&pebp=1421192977914&peasin=B00920QMLA
http://www.wowhd.us/CD/king-crimson-larks-tongues-in-aspic/dp/31113113#bc=90e0

Also available in the definitive 15 disc boxset... (DVD-A and Blu-ray)
https://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/4114/

Thomas Dolby "The Flat Earth" LP decode: QS(Regular matrix) - awesome sound!
Empire Of A Sun "Walking On A Dream" CD decode: QS - some songs pretty good in fake quad

HI ALL
I wanted a little fun listening and poled out more of my stereo MOOG LP`S and had a couple of days of listen to them, through my Surround Master synth mood and they sounded out of this earth in speaking, they have a lot of stereo panning and out of phase information in them really great sounding not every body cup of tea..
Bill.....

PIC1.jpg

HI ALL
I wanted a little fun listening and poled out more of my stereo MOOG LP`S and had a couple of days of listen to them, through my Surround Master synth mood and they sounded out of this earth in speaking, they have a lot of stereo panning and out of phase information in them really great sounding not every body cup of tea..
Bill.....

That Perrey & Kingsley album is a blast! (y)

"Moog" records are a whole genre in themselves from that period.... I just got a Kingsley LP with the song "Trumansburg Whistle" on it since that is where the first commercial Moog syns were made and because I grew up there at the time!

I have the "Switched On Bach II" LP and a few others like "Everything You Always Wanted To Hear on the Moog*" *but were afraid to ask for, "The Well-Tempered Synthesizer", and, of course, "Walter Carlos' Clockwork Orange".

They all sound fabulous in "fake" quad through my SQ decoder. Like Bill said, they all have a lot of phase and panning stuff going on.

Doug

Back