Thanks Thanks:  328
Likes Likes:  702
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Listening to now...in fake Quad!

organ of Corti junkie kap'n krunch's Avatar
    Some country where you can't criticize the govt.
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Listening to now...in fake Quad!

Boston S/T

Yeah , I know, this is embedded in our DNA by now...but this is the MFSL one....WOW!!!!!
    Avatar: a Goddess...Capucine -...The Ice Queen
    -------------------------------------
    "LIFE is NOT in Stereo , it's in SURROUND, so why limit your music to stereo...? By that same train of thought we should've stayed in MONO..." -Me

2. Thanks sbrom thanked for this post
    Likes sbrom liked this post
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

DNA is right.... As a sophomore in college I bought my first Boston LP at State Discount in East Lansing, MI. It had just come out. A hand-written note over the sales bin offered this optimism: "Better 'n Aerosmith".

I'd love to hear a MFSL version!

Recently I bought the DSL DL from Acoustic Sounds. Ostensibly from the OOP Sony SACD. It sounds better than any other copy I've heard. Hard to believe Tom Scholz recorded this, with Brad Delp, in his 1975 apartment basement!

Quote Originally Posted by kap'n krunch View Post
    Boston S/T

Yeah , I know, this is embedded in our DNA by now...but this is the MFSL one....WOW!!!!!

organ of Corti junkie kap'n krunch's Avatar
    Some country where you can't criticize the govt.
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sbrom View Post
    DNA is right.... As a sophomore in college I bought my first Boston LP at State Discount in East Lansing, MI. It had just come out. A hand-written note over the sales bin offered this optimism: "Better 'n Aerosmith".

I'd love to hear a MFSL version!

Recently I bought the DSL DL from Acoustic Sounds. Ostensibly from the OOP Sony SACD. It sounds better than any other copy I've heard. Hard to believe Tom Scholz recorded this, with Brad Delp, in his 1975 apartment basement!
    Well , he WAS (still is...too!) an MIT Graduate who worked in Polaroid and he recorded the main LP , except for the last song (and you can hear the difference), on a 12 track (correct me if I'm wrong) , which had a LOT of space in the tape for the signal...he also had done those songs several times before and was working comfortably IN HIS BASEMENT , not in a studio, where time is money... It really is a pity that he didn't do anything else with that setup cause the rest of the LPs don't sound nearly as good (Third Stage being the biggest offender, with the early Rockmans and fake drums...).
    And of course there was the VOICE, Mr, Brad Delp (RIP), who's do overdubd without even practicing them and they'd be perfect...what a voice!

As it is, it decodes fairly well on DPL II..

And I used to have the SACD...I thought it was BAD (cutoff at 22K-a MAJOR sin with this kind of sound), I even SOLD it!!!
    Avatar: a Goddess...Capucine -...The Ice Queen
    -------------------------------------
    "LIFE is NOT in Stereo , it's in SURROUND, so why limit your music to stereo...? By that same train of thought we should've stayed in MONO..." -Me

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice background write up! At my age (61), 22 kHz is of no consequence. Wish it were! If I had a dog listening with me, maybe... ;-)

I lived in the Boston area for a bit, and know a lady who was CTO of Polaroid back in the day. Quite a company...ahead of its time. I didn't know TS worked there.

Thanks for the info,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by kap'n krunch View Post
    Well , he WAS (still is...too!) an MIT Graduate who worked in Polaroid and he recorded the main LP , except for the last song (and you can hear the difference), on a 12 track (correct me if I'm wrong) , which had a LOT of space in the tape for the signal...he also had done those songs several times before and was working comfortably IN HIS BASEMENT , not in a studio, where time is money... It really is a pity that he didn't do anything else with that setup cause the rest of the LPs don't sound nearly as good (Third Stage being the biggest offender, with the early Rockmans and fake drums...).
    And of course there was the VOICE, Mr, Brad Delp (RIP), who's do overdubd without even practicing them and they'd be perfect...what a voice!

As it is, it decodes fairly well on DPL II..

And I used to have the SACD...I thought it was BAD (cutoff at 22K-a MAJOR sin with this kind of sound), I even SOLD it!!!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728