Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beck - The Information, The Beach Boys - Surfs Up (HDCD), Icehouse - Masterfile (Jap version) and Lou Reed - Transformer are my favs so far through the SM. Do teh Do teh Do teh Do teh Doooo... (Walk on the Wild Side). Amazing.

Candy was everybody's Darling...
candymenu.JPG

Check out Gefilte Joe (Irv Miller) and the Fish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2WZ8rnLhIU
1881398.jpg

Ian Thomas Self Titled LP on GRT 9230-1037, listening in QS. I would swear this seems to be a hidden quad with all the separation in the rears!

Listened to the CD re-recording of Camel's "Snow Goose" I bought at the gig a few weeks ago via DD PLII, it sounds remarkably good, expands out the sound, keyboard activity in the rear channels.

Listened to the CD re-recording of Camel's "Snow Goose" I bought at the gig a few weeks ago via DD PLII, it sounds remarkably good, expands out the sound, keyboard activity in the rear channels.

The original Snow Goose on SHM-SACD -> Surround Master ain't bad either.... (y)

I need to hear the re-recording...I've heard its not bad...

Last edited:
Pregnant Rainbows For Colourblind Dreamers Swedish progressive Music 1967-1979 a 4 cd set. This is very new music to me and sounds great in synthesized surround (like everything does)

Tomita

Biphonic Snowflakes Are Dancing/FireBird/Pictures at an Exhibition

Through the S/Master the effect on some tracks are Full Surround
and movement from front channels to rear and side to side
and around all channels
It would be hard at times to say there we not mixed in Quad

Hi. ALL
I`ve just got over 2 weeks of the dreaded flu better know, so I wanted to put a smile on my face and listen to some fun music so I have picked these L`ps early stereo MOOG Music

pic 1B.jpgPic 3B.jpg

I played them through my Sansui QSD-2 Decoder in the Synthesizer mode and they sounded great, music swirling around the room back and forth it almost sound like real Quad and it did put a smile on my face...
Bill.

Attachments

• pic 1B.jpg
    pic 1B.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 187
Just dropping by to say I love this thread (and also the stereo sounding good in quad thread) because it's always fascinating to hear about others' quad experiences with two channel material.

Doug

Hi. ALL
I was given this CD for my 60th. Birthday and every now and then I bring it out and listen to it if you have some Scottish blood in you this will bring it out, I think it is fantastic it has pipes in front drums and other instruments in the backs really sounds like a Quad CD.
Bill...
Scan-140901-0001.jpg

314D4sm66IL.jpg

Recently purchased a used box set of "The Complete Studio Recordings" and am re-discovering Zep like I never remember hearing them before. I guess there are even better remasters out there now but these are awesome.

Many of these tracks sound absolutely fantastic in Dolby PLII 5.1 surround; could swear some of these were originally mixed in quad. At minimum the algorithm is picking up one some great cues in utilizing the various channnels. I've been playing around with the Panorama setting to "on" with good effect in many of these too.

Getting reacquainted with an old favourite from my late teens, Robert Miles Dreamland, this time on CD in glorious QS. I had the cassette originally and wore it out on my walkman. I am loving the show of needles on my QS1!

Beck....Morning Phase CD

Edit...
must add..sound is amazing...was afraid of the dreaded compression...SO GLAD i didn't give in to that fear and not get this....doesn't sound overly compressed at all...great solid bass and no brightness. yeah...nice! i now understand why timbre4 has listened to this hundreds of times...will be in my regular rotation right up there with the hi rez stuff!

pink floyd...meddle .cd

don't know why but haven't played this in a long time...sounds great on my Oppo!

Back