Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp and Beat Crazy.

I was curious how these would turn out using Specweb with the defaults since they are basically almost mono albums utilizing just one guitar, bass, drums and the occasional piano. No overdubs of multi guitars as far as I could tell.

Look Sharp came out pretty bad. Mainly a lot of echo throughout the room. Beat Crazy (my FAV JJ album) didn't sound as echo-y, but the rears mainly consisted of drum bits (hi-hat and toms).
Oh well, at least the stereo versions still sound great. I spaz out boppin' everytime I hear them. :spot

DPLII-X in 6.1:

(all on cd)
Iron Maiden: Book of Souls
Black Sabbath: 13
King Crimson: Live in Toronto 2015
Radiohead: A Moon Shaped Pool

Epic! The Maiden and Sabbath just sound fuller, and not as brick walled.
The Crimson sounds fantastic, especially with the three drummer interplay, you get a very entertaining mix. I can't wait for them to put out that live in Japan blu ray.
As for Radiohead, lots of crazy effects coming from everywhere. This is the only way I like to listen to this album.

The Turtles - 20 Greatest Hits. SpecWeb conversion. Came out nice.

Great songs, great singers, Howie Kaylan & Mark Volman, and one of my favorite pop/rock drummers John Barbata. Love the drum fill before the key change in "She'd Rather Be With Me" and the triplets at the end of "Elenore". Simple but effective. "Grim Reaper Of Love" in 5/4 and "You Know What I Mean" are 2 of my favorites, but then almost every song on here is a favorite. (y)

James Horner - Casper's Lullaby (from the soundtrack) in DPLII

Sublime !

With this one, the violins are also very present in the rear speakers (Usually, it's mostly violas and cellos). And the harp sits in between the left speakers (front-rear). :upthumb:

Last edited:
This live disc by CROWBAR came highly recommended by Electron magazine (Canada) for it's quad matrix presentation, most especially the song,,, Cane On The Brazos.

20160722_195405.jpg20160722_195416.jpg20160722_195431.jpg20160722_195440.jpg20160722_195603.jpg

It was Phil's bday on the 20th...so I was playing some "Live and dangerous" LP rip...

decodes quite well in DPL II Music.....Robbo's solos are on the rear Left...

a very few of years ago...
Philme_zps135yvuyg.jpg

I'm a huge Zappa fan. I have a Husband from another generation, he'll be 45 in a few weeks. I'm 62. He thinks FZ is a total fraud and a no-talent. He loves a variety of different humor. Generation gap, indeed.

i live in a college town. gotta music school - unt - they actually have a frank zappa class - the man is genius.

w.a.r.

Heart
Bebe Le Strange LP (with sticker and all)

always wanted to get this..it's a REALLY GOOD LP

and Man , Ann was (and still is ) SOOO HOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!
Saw them in San juan in 82 and then later in Philly that same year...I'm still in love with her!
R-8927137-1471632181-3935.jpeg.jpg

Possibly appropriate, the late great Hi-Res DVD-A version of Wayne Horvitz Forever, sounds real good through PLII, that is to say really good. I'd gladly pay extra for the piano So good.

Need Your Love - Cheap Trick
Album - Dream Police 1979

Multi-Channel Stereo via my Denon. Very nice...and one of my favorite Cheap Trick jams.

Johnny Mathis - Bell Sessions

Absolutely amazing music...and sounds killer in fake quad. Man, if this music is out in true Quad...I'd spend bucks to get it...

Bell Sessions.jpg

Johnny Mathis - Bell Sessions

Absolutely amazing music...and sounds killer in fake quad. Man, if this music is out in true Quad...I'd spend bucks to get it...

View attachment 27751

Anything is possible (including some stuff on that compilation being SQ encoded..!) Tracks 1-11 are the "I'm Coming Home" album which was released in Quad (on SQ & Q8) I LOVE that record.. I don't know about the others, maybe stealth Quad or something or just happy coincidence?

Back