The final set of Nick Cave CD/DVD remasters are released Aug 14th 2012.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The official site says July 30 but that's probably for the UK?
http://www.nickcaveandthebadseeds.com/news

I'm definitely in for Nocturama and especially Abattoir/Orpheus....but I didn't really like Lazarus at all so I'm not too excited about that one....but can I resist having my collection complete?

I'll be getting all of these to round out the collection. I've loved all of them so far. It's funny (or sad?) that the Consequence of Sound link doesn't even mention the 5.1 mixes on the DVDs. At least they're mentioned on the Nick Cave site.

Will get them all as well. Very pleased with the series, although hi-res would be perfect. Anyway, here's hope that Bad Seeds will cling on to surround with the upcoming album. Also, a best of compilation, possibly complete with videos, wouldn't hurt either... too bad these cannot be transfered to blu-ray {sigh}

All three releases are now available to preorder as a bundle for £32 (you save £7) straight from Mute here.

All three releases are now available to preorder as a bundle for £32 (you save £7) straight from Mute here.

Ok, I don't get this.. it's 2012 and the same Mute who released all the Depeche Mode SACDs, etc.. are still releasing 5.1 product, when almost nobody else is! How do they do it?

Are Mute Records a big concern? Are they owned by one of the majors or still clinging onto independence!? Do the artists have the final say or do the label decide on these kinds of speciality products coming out?

It's just amazing to think they've been a supporter of 5.1 music so long and are one of the last still standing!

Hooray for Mute!

Sony, UMG, Warner, etc could take a leaf out of their book!

I love these so far. I saw him in a Boston Club and offered myself to every band hand to get back stage but there were no takers. I even offered my female friend. Apparently they were neither AC or DC. Go figure. Nothing like prostrating yourself like a prostitute for your favorite artist.

Ok, I don't get this.. it's 2012 and the same Mute who released all the Depeche Mode SACDs, etc.. are still releasing 5.1 product, when almost nobody else is! How do they do it?

Are Mute Records a big concern? Are they owned by one of the majors or still clinging onto independence!? Do the artists have the final say or do the label decide on these kinds of speciality products coming out?

It's just amazing to think they've been a supporter of 5.1 music so long and are one of the last still standing!

Hooray for Mute!

Sony, UMG, Warner, etc could take a leaf out of their book!

Mute is owned by EMI, I believe.

Mute is owned by EMI, I believe.

thank you for the info :)

interesting..

Universal have just released the Lynyrd Skynyrd Elliot Scheiner mixed DVDA (albeit a daft limited Walmart exclusive release! GRR..!!)

.. and Sony are just about to release the Steven Wilson/Neil Wilkes' ELP DVDA's..

maybe once EMI's carcass has been picked to bits by Universal & Sony,
we'll still see some 5.1 (maybe even on DVDA!) Mute/EMI releases in future..?!?

strange times in surround sound land.. but good things might come of EMI's buyout after all in the shape of 5.1 DVDA's from UMe/Sony Music..!

My copies of all three arrived about a week ago...I just need to find the time to play them! So busy lately....

My copies of all three arrived about a week ago...I just need to find the time to play them! So busy lately....

I'll be happy to take that arduous task from your hands. You shouldn't have to compromise your free time just to listen to Nick Cave. That's why I am here. Simply send them my way and I'll have a full review for you. You'll save a bunch a time!

Is there 2.0 on the DVDs and if so, at what res?
I was under the impression it's DD but it's been hinted elsewhere it might be LPCM

Is there 2.0 on the DVDs and if so, at what res?
I was under the impression it's DD but it's been hinted elsewhere it might be LPCM

It's the same as all the Mute Depeche Mode titles - LPCM stereo with 5.1 in Dullby & DTS.
These are so well worth buying I cannot say enough good things about them - it's obviously been done the same way as the DM, and almost certainly by the same people as the layout is identical - there is the main album, plus bonus and additional tracks (also in stereo & surround) as well as any promo videos made for the original releases & singles, plus an ongoing documentary through all 14 titles.
If you only buy one of these, buy Nocturama. The closing track is something of an epic called "Babe, I'm On Fire" and it runs for almost 15 minutes getting more & more intense as it goes along. Or "Murder Ballads" - another great one. Maybe "Kicking Against The Pricks"....hell, get all 14. Seriously. Just do it.

My only grumble is the lack of lossless, but it would simply not fit onto the DVD as they are crammed full anyway. Not sure SACD would help, as again (I only have the DM to compare these to) with the DM the DTS 9624 actually sounds better - warmer, better top end etc. Odd, really, given it is lossy, but hey ho.

These really are great records.....

If you're in the UK it might be worth checking out your local HMV store as I picked up the "Dig Lazarus Dig" and "Nocturama" CD/DVD combos today for £3 each. (y)

Back