Warner Catalog: The Ultimate Sound Experience

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Do you guys and gal(s) remember this that came with some of the Warner discs?

Its not a bad reference for the Warner DVD-As...

Can't believe that it was 10 years ago......

Attachments

• IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG2.jpg
    IMG2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG2_0001.jpg
    IMG2_0001.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG3.jpg
    IMG3.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG4.jpg
    IMG4.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 211
"If Only I Could Remember.. Pat Metheny..!"

only got 28 out of the 42, too. I'm slipping..

although I'm not entirely sure the Firesign theatre, Take 6 or Luis Miguel would be titles I'd be that fussed about..!?

I've had the chance to get at least 6 of the others over the years (A.I., Olu dara, fourplay, barenaked ladies, mana unplugged & the EC/BB King one) when they were cheap and readily available but just passed them by.

ah well, never mind..

thanks for the lovely scans, LizardKing, great quality :)

more DVDA! more cowbell too! :phones

which of the remaining 22 you don't have would be on your wish list, LizardKing?

The Eric Clapton discs, also Winelight, Joni Mitchell, & Carl Simon shoulda, coulda got them back in 2003!!!!

i have 20 off listed above but really can't remember when last time listened to them.
some among those 20 turned out to be absolutely unlistenable and collecting dust since then.
there also bunch other from different labels which also didn't fall into fav. category and purchased
mainly of curiosity and due to HiRez surround. in plain words - surround catalog of pop genres,
introduced on DVD-A and SACD for most part sux. some stuff (smal part) are great but was listened
to the death at their respective time and albeit still interesting to hear it as HiRez surround, wouldn't
be the ones which i willing to listen often. the second, bigger part, i do not object as perhaps there are
people who likes it, but didn't interested me at all.

22 off that ad for me. Brain Salad & Machine Head are missing from the list. Those came first, along with LA Woman & Tigerlily, all 4 of which I have in CD-size jewel boxes. There are several that came later: Chicago II & V, Tutu, Everything Must Go, Nightfly, Kamikiriad, Electric Warrior, Harvest, and Say You Will. There are also CD/DVD-A sets that came later: If I Weren't So Stoned I'd Know My Name, Songs For Beginners, Going Home, Morph the Cat & Perception.

Last edited:
and then remember how you got all excited and went looking all over the place for more titles? and remember how you found out slowly that warner stuck it up your butt and that's all they made? And remember how you still went looking for other stuff that would satisfy the "need" ? And how you bought 2 dvd payers to do the 2 formats? Or how about the e bay sale of BSS for $300.00? Good thing for oppo. dvd audio/sacd/bd, now I got 3 different versions of DSOTM, WYWH, and others. I'm nuts! it finally got to me.

"remember looking in stores, getting excited because they actually had a DVD-A section, then finding only Silverline discs in stock" - :(

The Eric Clapton discs, also Winelight, Joni Mitchell, & Carl Simon shoulda, coulda got them back in 2003!!!!

Ah.. We've all been there! "No Regrets, Carly Simon?" No regrets.. Life's too short, isn't it!?

Fwiw, there's a used copy of EC's Reptile DVDA in my local music store at the moment (it's been there a good while now) if you're interested I can pop in and check the price/condition for you?

I'm not too sure about the other three now as I haven't checked but the Winelight DVDA somebody on QQ mentioned to me the other day its fairly reasonable at the moment on Amazon U.S.

I got the Joni new/sealed a few years ago v.cheap and it's a lovely-sounding recording, despite her weather-beaten voice on it, I'd recommend it.

No Secrets I had to resort to eBay U.S. and get a used copy as a new copy anywhere even a couple of years ago was just too far out of reach monetarily.

Was it worth the hassle getting the Carly Simon!? Yes and No.. the music itself is a bit of a mixed bag, some of it absolutely brilliant, some just good and one or two tracks that haven't aged so well.. the mix itself, a bit unadventurous but pleasant enough. If you can find a copy for sensible money, I'd still say go for it.

22 off that ad for me. Brain Salad & Machine Head are missing from the list. Those came first, along with LA Woman & Tigerlily, all 4 of which I have in CD-size jewel boxes. There are several that came later: Chicago II & V, Tutu, Everything Must Go, Nightfly, Kamikiriad, Electric Warrior, Harvest, and Say You Will. There are also CD/DVD-A sets that came later: If I Weren't So Stoned I'd Know My Name, Songs For Beginners, Going Home, Morph the Cat & Perception.

that's a very good observation Linda! where were the BSS & MH DVDAs in that little brochure!? I wonder why they weren't included?

it's interesting those titles you list in the second, third waves, etc.. do you consider the subsequent batches of Warner DVDAs to be better (mixes, artists, musically) than the first wave? I reckon phase 2, with Nightfly etc was the best lot!

Back