CD4: Sansui QC-D4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Has anyone used one of these rare birds? sansuicd4demod.jpg

I have it. It has the older decoder board (I think from QRX-7500 era); so is not as good as the "Holy Grail" decoder in the QRX-9001/999 series. I think the JVC-4DD-5 does a better job.

I bought one from Etco in the 80's and got it working around 1989. There was no housing, but they sent a schematic with it which helped me fix it. I put switches in it to switch the preamp and demodulator board on and off, so I can listen to the audio (F+B or stereo) and/or demodulated F-B signals alone.

Attachments

• EtcoQuad.pdf
    584.7 KB · Views: 82
  • QC-04-turntable.jpg
    QC-04-turntable.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 152
  • QC-04-preamp.jpg
    QC-04-preamp.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 152
  • QC-04-demod.jpg
    QC-04-demod.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 143
  • QC-04-front.JPG
    QC-04-front.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 149
I bought one from Etco in the 80's and got it working around 1989. There was no housing, but they sent a schematic with it which helped me fix it. I put switches in it to switch the preamp and demodulator board on and off, so I can listen to the audio (F+B or stereo) and/or demodulated F-B signals alone.
What an ugly piece of equipment!!

;)

Congrats!!

It cost me $8.95. I recently bought a carbide tipped 4" circular saw blade for my Dremel table saw. I could make a wooden housing for it. It needs a front panel, too.

Back