MISC: Superex QT-4B Headphones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
I own a pair of Superex QT-4B's (Quad) & a pair of Superex Pro-B-V's (2ch). They look identical, except the QT-4B's are ivory color with a Stereo/Quad switch and two plugs. QT-4B is the best Quad phone I've ever heard, but there is still no seperation. Pro-B-V's (2ch) are the BEST headphones I've ever heard. Photo is Pro-B-V (2ch): 525x525px-LL-5c298e33_vbattach11569.jpg

It seems none of these Quad Phones ever did what they were supposed to do. I've never actually heard any, but your recommendation narrows down the field somewhat of which one to search for...

I found a couple of photo's of (..earlier??) QT-4's here... Quadraphonic Headphones ...with heaps of other Quad Phones.

QT-4B's sound great, but the PRO-B-V sounds better, albeit it's a 2ch headphone. Both these can be warm and a bit heavy after wearing them for extended periods. That's true for any of these old style headphones. They are among the lightest of that ilk, however.

It seems none of these Quad Phones ever did what they were supposed to do. I've never actually heard any, but your recommendation narrows down the field somewhat of which one to search for...

I found a couple of photo's of (..earlier??) QT-4's here... Quadraphonic Headphones ...with heaps of other Quad Phones.

Agreed. I was never impressed with the Quad playback on the Quad Phones or some of the more recent products with Dolby Headphone.

But the Smyth Realiser with Stax headphones does indeed give you credible 5.1 and 7.1 playback. Expensive but good!
That's what I'm using these days for Surround over headphones.

But the Smyth Realiser with Stax headphones does indeed give you credible 5.1 and 7.1 playback. Expensive but good!
That's what I'm using these days for Surround over headphones.

Never heard of this device....sound's interesting.

If you can, you should start a separate thread on it here in the hardware section. If the "Smyth Realiser" works proper as a bona-fide headphone surround setup, I'm sure there'd be heaps of people interested in it..!! :)

Never heard of this device....sound's interesting.

If you can, you should start a separate thread on it here in the hardware section. If the "Smyth Realiser" works proper as a bona-fide headphone surround setup, I'm sure there'd be heaps of people interested in it..!! :)

Interesting idea. I'll have to check the forum sections on QQ - since the Smyth Realiser is a current product vs. a "legacy" surround product, it may fit in another forum section.

Back