TOMITA Clair de Lune - Ultimate Edition (Snowflakes are Dancing) SACD 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Sooooo.....
We have another Tomita release from the Quad era(this time to SACD), with Stereo , etc. included....
scheduled for release in July..
The question in everyone's mind is...
will it be another insult to us quad fans like the travesty that was the "Planets" DVD-A (sic) released a few years ago, which was a needledrop of the CD-4 LP (which wans't even cleaned/Click Repaired)????

Since it's a "japanese" release, like the "Planets" one, info on this will probably not be easily available and we'll have to wait until somebody here gets a copy and reports.
Please excuse my skepticism or I don't hold my breath, it IS based on experience...
Let's hope for the best...

Oh yes! This has been on my wish list for ever. Fingers crossed.

might be a re-recording like the planets sacd.
Probably, see http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COGQ-59 There in Japanese (bing translation):

Isao Tomita / Moon light ULTIMATE EDITION [SACD-Hybrid]Masterpiece, "light," a remake of the full, surround sound for. In addition to production of new "cloud" and "Arabesque No. 2" origin of the Tomita synth work more shine, return!

EDIT
Btw, the Tomita Planets SACD is effectively quad (4.0). I guess the next one will be the same.

Does any body know if it is a
Multi channel release
The picture does not show or I cannot
see any reference to it?

So it seems as if this is just a re-issue with extra tracks. I only have the vinyl and CD. Is this quad mix worth buying or not?

[QUOTE Is this quad mix worth buying or not?[/QUOTE]

All the Tomita quad mixes are pretty adventurous and well done as I recall.....so, if this is the original 4.0 quad mix being released as an SACD....it sounds like it would be pretty good to me, even without any bonus tracks.

Last edited:
I think this re-issue is actually a remake. I don't know how it compares with the previous quad releases.

I think this re-issue is actually a remake. I don't know how it compares with the previous quad releases.

I would disagree...
at 80 years old, I don't think Isao would be up for a remake...
besides m the DVD_A of the planets was NOT a remake, it was a goddamn NEEDLE DROP from the CD-4 LP...without declicking!!! The clicks are VERY audible!
This is simply a reissue, which hopefully they got from the REAL quad masters....

and your extra dose of radiation with it!

Hello

Just recieved my copy of Clair de Lune, SACD Ultimate Edition today (Denon COGQ-59). Sound quality is up their with Planets Ultimate Edition. Very pleased. It comes in 4 Chanel Surround / SACD Stereo and CD Stereo. Notes mention: Producer - Isao Tomita. Recording & Mixing Surround / 2ch-Stereo - Isao Tomita. Mastering and Tech Support Yumiko Yamashita and Shingo Fuyuki.

Very clean version, sleeve mentions that; 'New equipment used for dramatically better sound from original image, SACD is the new master', ..Tomita, quote ..'strongly impress the listeners on the image of this surround sound work'.

As well recieved The Tale of Genji Ultimate Edition. SACD's comes as a 5 Chanel Surround.

This brings me up to date with Vol.3.

Sleeve states that the next SACD release will be of Pictures at an Exhibition and Canyon Fantasy...

Last edited:
Hello

Just recieved my copy of Clair de Lune, SACD Ultimate Edition today (Denon COGQ-59). Sound quality is up their with Planets Ultimate Edition. Very pleased. It comes in 4 Chanel Surround / SACD Stereo and CD Stereo. Notes mention: Producer - Isao Tomita. Recording & Mixing Surround / 2ch-Stereo - Isao Tomita. Mastering and Tech Support Yumiko Yamashita and Shingo Fuyuki. Very clean version.

As well recieved The Tale of Genji Ultimate Edition. SACD's comes as a 5 Chanel Surround.
Ordered!! Is the Genji one worth ordering too? I'm not familiar with the music. I have The Planets on vinyl but was not a big fan of that. Somehow Debussy works though.

Ordered!! Is the Genji one worth ordering too? I'm not familiar with the music. I have The Planets on vinyl but was not a big fan of that. Somehow Debussy works though.

I do belive that Genji is well worth it. To be honext though, I'll be buying all this new series as it comes out. Planets isn't one of my favorites either, however I eagerly await future released. Genji I find just different, and have on this occasion really enjoyed paying attention to the production.

Hello

Just recieved my copy of Clair de Lune, SACD Ultimate Edition today (Denon COGQ-59). Sound quality is up their with Planets Ultimate Edition. Very pleased. It comes in 4 Chanel Surround / SACD Stereo and CD Stereo. Notes mention: Producer - Isao Tomita. Recording & Mixing Surround / 2ch-Stereo - Isao Tomita. Mastering and Tech Support Yumiko Yamashita and Shingo Fuyuki.

Very clean version, sleeve mentions that; 'New equipment used for dramatically better sound from original image, SACD is the new master', ..Tomita, quote ..'strongly impress the listeners on the image of this surround sound work'.

This brings me up to date with Vol.3.

Sleeve states that the next SACD release will be of Pictures at an Exhibition and Canyon Fantasy...

Nice! Glad to see that Tomita is still making Surround Sound releases !

Probably, see http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COGQ-59 There in Japanese (bing translation):

Isao Tomita / Moon light ULTIMATE EDITION [SACD-Hybrid]Masterpiece, "light," a remake of the full, surround sound for. In addition to production of new "cloud" and "Arabesque No. 2" origin of the Tomita synth work more shine, return!

EDIT
Btw, the Tomita Planets SACD is effectively quad (4.0). I guess the next one will be the same.

Thanks for the link. I now have it on order. This was one of the first Quad records I owned.

Back