Release Dates Announced for The Doors SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Analogue Productions has announced release dates for the upcoming Hybrid Super Audio CDs by The Doors. Supervised by The Doors Producer Bruce Botnick and Mastered by Doug Sax. They are:
  • The Doors - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - September 10, 2012
  • Strange Days - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - September 10, 2012
  • Soft Parade - Hybrid Stereo SACD - October 10, 2012
  • Waiting for the Sun - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - October 10, 2012
  • Morrison Hotel - Hybrid Stereo SACD - November 12, 2012
  • L.A. Woman - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - November 12, 2012
See http://store.acousticsounds.com/ind...lID=507&store=acousticsounds&keywords=FBDoors for ordering information on the Acoustic Sounds web site.

I like to support the format, but if these are the same mixes as on the Perception box, I'll be passing.....perhaps that has already been established in another thread? John

Analogue Productions has announced release dates for the upcoming Hybrid Super Audio CDs by The Doors. Supervised by The Doors producer Bruce Botnick. They are:
  • The Doors - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - September 10, 2012
  • Strange Days - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - September 10, 2012
  • Soft Parade - Hybrid Stereo SACD - October 10, 2012
  • Waiting for the Sun - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - October 10, 2012
  • Morrison Hotel - Hybrid Stereo SACD - November 12, 2012
  • L.A. Woman - Hybrid Multichannel SACD - November 12, 2012
See http://store.acousticsounds.com/ind...lID=507&store=acousticsounds&keywords=FBDoors for ordering information on the Acoustic Sounds web site.

I'll probably get these for completists' sake.. but why couldn't these have been new releases of something that hasn't been given very comprehensive high-res 5.1 treatment already!? :mad:

There's so much unreleased Warner 5.1 and great quad material, already mixed, just sitting there, that could have been released with much less effort and expense on Analogue Productions' part instead of this lot.

These may be new, superior mixes/mastering but let's have something different!! Beggars belief..

What, I have to ask, is the freakin' POINT?
Did someone sit there at Warners & say "Hey - I know, lets comnpletely fuck up the sound & put these out in DSD?"
Sheesh. Even my cats know better than to sit in the same room as an SACD playback - they all disappear immediately, yet stick around for PCM/MLP.......
They will *not* be new mixes, they will be identical to the Perceptions box set. Just less content, and playable on a lot fewer players.
Youse guys is being CONNED!!!!!

What, I have to ask, is the freakin' POINT?
Did someone sit there at Warners & say "Hey - I know, lets comnpletely fuck up the sound & put these out in DSD?"
Sheesh. Even my cats know better than to sit in the same room as an SACD playback - they all disappear immediately, yet stick around for PCM/MLP.......
They will *not* be new mixes, they will be identical to the Perceptions box set. Just less content, and playable on a lot fewer players.
Youse guys is being CONNED!!!!!

Oh no! Really, Neil!? These are the same old rehashed??

Something is rotten in the state of Surroundsville.. :(

....they will be identical to the Perceptions box set. Just less content, and playable on a lot fewer players.
There are plenty more SACD players in circulation than dvd-audio players. Besides, the dvd-audio box is out of print. Not everyone wants to fool around with a TV just to play music. SACD is a major improvement. And I certainly don't care about anyone's cat not liking it.

Isn't the original Stereo mix being used rather than the stereo re-mix done for the Perception box????

There are plenty more SACD players in circulation than dvd-audio players. Besides, the dvd-audio box is out of print. Not everyone wants to fool around with a TV just to play music. SACD is a major improvement. And I certainly don't care about anyone's cat not liking it.

I agree that there are potentially more SACD players, especially since Sony has SACD playback on their BD players now, though there are still a healthy number of Universal player manufacturers that have DVDA playback within their ranges (Oppo, Cambridge Audio, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Sharp, Pioneer, etc..).

On the TV front, i agree its a pain, especially when you've got a projector in your HT.. but properly spec'd/authored DVDAs should playback without needing to access the menus via a TV, just by pressing "open/close" or "play".

As for SACD being a major improvement, if you're referring to the DSD/SACD vs. PCM/DVDA sound quality debate, which you may not, of course.. but if you are >> No comment! I'll leave that to others with more knowledge on the subject (cats or no cats!) :D

Over on the Acoustic Sounds Facebook page, they offer this comment on the process they use for their Vinyl LP and Super Audio CD reissues as part of their announcement of the release dates for The Doors reissues on Vinyl LP and Hybrid SACD discs. An interesting read.....

You've been patient - very patient - and we appreciate it. At long last, we have for you some dates for our much anticipated Doors 45-RPM and SACD reissue series. The first two LP titles - The Doors and Strange Days are right around the corner.

The Doors - The Doors
LPs Coming July 2, 2012
SACD Coming September 10, 2012

The Doors - Strange Days
2 LPs Coming July 2, 2012
SACD Coming September 10, 2012

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun
2 LPs Coming August 2, 2012
SACD Coming October 10, 2012

The Doors - The Soft Parade
2 LPs Coming August 2, 2012
SACD Coming October 10, 2012

The Doors - L.A. Woman
2 LPs Coming September 3, 2012
SACD Coming November 12, 2012

The Doors - Morrison Hotel
2 LPs Coming September 3, 2012
SACD Coming November 12, 2012

The Doors - Infinite Box Set
12 LPs Coming October 2, 2012
6 SACDs Coming December 12, 2012

A note to our customers: Again, we appreciate your patience in waiting for these products to come to market. We know it's been a long wait, and believe us, nobody's more excited than we are. But please understand, whenever we set out to do a reissue project, our goal is to surpass any issue or reissue that's been done previous to ours. Doing that takes a lot of time, effort and money.

Beginning with securing the absolute analog masters and on to getting approval for the artwork, the printing of the labels and jackets, the manufacturing of the product, etc., etc. the process involves a lot more back-and-forth negotiating, prodding and waiting than many people may realize. Many of the steps in the process are out of our control. But know this: We would rather have our products come out a year late and be proud of those products than to meet a street date.

We don't cut corners. When a record label tries to tell us a tape copy or digital file we'll do, we tell them that no, it won't. You wouldn't believe what kind of an effort this can involve. We fight for quality, but it often means waiting a little longer.

When our proofs are held up in a label's legal approval department, we're calling and emailing continuously to keep the project moving. We call it stokin' the coals. Sometimes we get results; other times we've got to push a little harder.

In many cases, we're dealing with major corporations and major artists. Often, we need to get approval from the label, from the artist's management and from the artist themselves. Any one step can significantly hold up the process.

The point is this: We know it can be frustrating when we announce products far in advance of when they come out. We know it can be frustrating when we don't meet the street dates we initially published. Listen, we're trying, and we're trying hard. And so while we hope we'll hit all of these dates and while we'll do everything we possibly can to make that happen, street dates are subject to change. It's the nature of the game we play.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for your patience. And thank you for your business.

Isn't the original Stereo mix being used rather than the stereo re-mix done for the Perception box????

Yes. Although I own the Perception box, I may be interested in a few titles here just for the hi-rez stereo. If the stereo was offered as a hi-res download, I'd be interested in that as well.

Not interested in what is effectivly a backwards step
Backwards in what way? If you're talking about it using the original stereo mixes instead of the remixes, that's most likely because the remixes were done digitally.

Looks like it's Jan. 22 for all of them at once. And only an extra $100 if you want the box and booklet. I'd like to see a reduction of $80 for that. Would make it a nice even $200. Oh well. Probably won't happen.

This set is almost $300. The Perception box was around $100. What's up with that?

They can keep these

Back