Anti-Shocker Log: QQ Members' All-Time Best Bargain Prices on SACDs & DVDAs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cheapest SACD pickup....
Horace Silver - Supreme Jazz (Compilation) Mint Condition
11 tracks / 66mins Hybrid Multichannnel SACD /Stereo SACD /CD Audio....for 50 cents AU.= (50c U.S.) / (32 pence UK)...:)

Hahaha!!! And I thought I'd done well getting the Sinatra Supereme Jazz SACD in HMV's Easy Listening department for £10!
32 pence is incredible - and not falling to bits either but mint condition!!

Stunning, Quadrockasaurus! Where did you find it?

Hahaha!!! And I thought I'd done well getting the Sinatra Supereme Jazz SACD in HMV's Easy Listening department for £10!
32 pence is incredible - and not falling to bits either but mint condition!!

Stunning, Quadrockasaurus! Where did you find it?

Brotherhood Of St Laurence Op Shop......The Horace Silver SACD was unopened, still in the original Shrink Wrap... :D

I got the SACD of Bob Dylans' "Slow Train Coming" new/sealed from HMV.co.uk for the princely sum of £5 ($8 US) a few years ago!

Cheap and it sounds gorgeous! Win win! :D

I got the Sting "Sacred Love" SACD new & sealed in a used music store for £4 ($7 US) a couple of years ago but I have seen it since in the same store for £1 (less than 50 cents!).

Here's a few:
Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies DVA $4 (thrift store)
Alice Cooper Welcome to my Nightmare SEALED DVDA $4 (thrift store)
ELP Brain Salad Surgery SEALED DVDA $4 (thrift store)
Jane's Addiction Strays SEALED DualDisc with 5.1 hi-rez $20 (some UK record store)

Rick

Several years ago BSS sold on ebay for $300.00 a sealed copy @ $4.00 is a steal! Great find on all!

I consider any SACD or DVD-A that I bought prior to about March 2007 to be bargains because at the most I paid the retail price! If I missed it then, oh well, ...I've never gone back and paid $100 for a $22 disc. I would have shot myself if I had got into collecting these in say...2008. John

I wonder where that SACD was pressed!? If it was a European or US pressing, it certainly cost/lost money somewhere along the food chain, zooming all round the world to get to NZ, only to sell for $19..!! :D

European - I think JB Had some (one) in stock in the warehouse when they set-up the Wellington store.

Several years ago BSS sold on ebay for $300.00 a sealed copy @ $4.00 is a steal! Great find on all!

who are these schmuckos who throw down $300 for what is, to all intents and purposes, a glorified CD!?

I know I'll probably get bashed for referring to a DVDA in that way and believe me I'm not slating the format I love my DVDAs.. but come on, it's ridiculous, it's not as if that $300 BSS DVDA is only one of 1,000 copies or anything like that!

some people just have more money than sense, literally.

I consider any SACD or DVD-A that I bought prior to about March 2007 to be bargains because at the most I paid the retail price! If I missed it then, oh well, ...I've never gone back and paid $100 for a $22 disc. I would have shot myself if I had got into collecting these in say...2008. John

Never forget getting paid and running up to CC to get my next choice, I think I picked up everything I liked at that point. All @ $20.00 each. when I ran out of dvd a I bought an sacd player and bought all those. IF we had only known then! But! the gems are out there still, selling for next to nothing, like Led9 found.

that is a very philosophical way to look at it John, I'm with you on that.

although when I started this thread I was thinking more of the bargain priced SACD/DVDA etc.. discs QQ members have found in the years since the formats dwindled/died and started to zoom up in price.

some of my biggest bargains have been since 2008..!!

Never forget getting paid and running up to CC to get my next choice, I think I picked up everything I liked at that point. All @ $20.00 each. when I ran out of dvd a I bought an sacd player and bought all those. IF we had only known then! But! the gems are out there still, selling for next to nothing, like Led9 found.

exciting times, yet confusing times back then!

the disappointment when I realised Universal were not going to come through on those other Elton & SD SACDs, after the apparent flop of DVDA, was just crushing!

looking back, it was just another nail in the coffin for these releases and they'd been on life support from day one anyway!

oh yes, hindsight's a wonderful thing.. ;)

Trivia time. Earlier in this thread, I mentioned bargains in Westmont, IL. For bragging rights of being the biggest stud on QQ, what musician lived in Westmont? Eric Clapton was the best man at his backyard wedding.

aww.. you edited your post with the answer! :D

Googles' not all bad.. it helped me earlier on today! I could not for the life of me find the Beyonce SACD Hi-Rez Poll on here using the Search tool.. but a quick Google search brought me straight back here and to the Poll..! Hooray!

According to him in another recent thread, Jon Urban is the BIG STUD. All you guys know is how to use Google, or so you say. Another clue for those adept at Google: Rolling Stones would have a limo pick him up so that he could jam with them.

Back