Q4: Pioneer RT-2044 Quad reel-to-Reel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Pioneer RT-2044 Quad Reel (shown with RT-2022, it's 2ch sibling)
Vintage: 1977
Rarity: Scarce

rt-2022-2044-h.jpg

Components of RT-2044 broken apart:
rt-2044-system.jpg

T-211 wired remote for RT-2044/2022:
jt211005.jpg

One of these just sold on eBay for $2236.50, and it was a BEAUTY!! If these pictures do not trigger your quad lust, then you should get a check up. :whistle:

With all credit to the seller, I scarfed all of his outstanding photo's to put into this thread. Probably the best photos there will ever be of this unit on the internet. Again, credit for these photos go to "crossed-paths", the eBay Seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-RT...el-Professionally-Serviced-RARE-/163578620248

And it has sync mode. Beautiful. A bit of head wear, but it's not like there's a lot of these out there.

I didn't see much head wear, but maybe I don't know this deck enough to notice it. They looked slick and newish to me.

This looks a lot more like a studio mix-down deck than a consumer grade unit.

Just to have this and one of those super Q4 reel collections to go with it. I'd be in quad conversion mastering heaven with this and the collection of Q4 tapes that Bigbillquad has..

Last edited:
Yeah it's nice, but one needs to hear it with Q4s of maybe Deep Purple, Bette Midler, or a Randy Newman title threaded up and playing back.

Once one has this machine they must spend yhousands picking up those quad reel to reel tapes to play on it.

You need the bigbillquad quad reel collection with 4-channel 24/96kHz digital capture capabilities.

Buy those expensive reel-reel tapes? No. Not really. Purchase the quad records and record them to tape and store the records for future needs like if the tape goes south.

Back