Monster Music Deluxe CD + Audio DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody else have this one?

sketches.PNG

When did Miles become available? Monster Music doesn't list it on their website. Is it a surround mix? If so, what are the rear channels like? Are there three discrete channels across the front? What do you think of it? Have you a/b'ed it to any other copies of it?

The Lee Ritenour album Monster Music released in 5.1 DTS is called "Six String Theory"..

does anybody here have it?

If so, does the mix raise the level of excitement of the material above the "elevator muzak" it sounds like from the iTunes preview clips..?!?

I have it. the mix is awesome. I would give the mix a 10 easy. For those who like to deduct points for lack of true hi-rez, let's say its easily a 9. I don't like every song on it, but the good ones make it well worth the purchase.

I have only seen it available bundled with special edition Miles Davis Monster headphones and as a promo from ebay. The one in the picture is from the bundle and appears to be close to the other Monster music releases but mine is in a standard dvd case. I have not listened to it lately but I will get it out and try to answer your questions this weekend.

This is the one I bought and I think from the same seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Mus...DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item43b0e5bf8a#ht_608wt_1400

I have only seen it available bundled with special edition Miles Davis Monster headphones and as a promo from ebay. The one in the picture is from the bundle and appears to be close to the other Monster music releases but mine is in a standard dvd case. I have not listened to it lately but I will get it out and try to answer your questions this weekend.

This is the one I bought and I think from the same seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Mus...DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item43b0e5bf8a#ht_608wt_1400

Hey thanks for the heads up! Just ordered my copy - in all it's glorious lossy DTSness :sun

The Lee Ritenour album Monster Music released in 5.1 DTS is called "Six String Theory"..

does anybody here have it?

If so, does the mix raise the level of excitement of the material above the "elevator muzak" it sounds like from the iTunes preview clips..?!?

Here's a link to the QQ poll (easy to find - just type in the title in the "advanced search" box in the upper right hand of this page) https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?12636-Lee-Ritenour-6-STRING-THEORY-DTS-24-96/page2&highlight=lee+ritenour

But be careful because the overwhelming majority of people who liked/loved this title were evidently hypnotized into thinking that it sounded good. When they awoke, they saw that it was only DTS 96/24 and all had a good laugh - silly wankers that they were. NOT REALLY - I kid, I kid - it's excellent and well worth having

Its not clear to me if that disc is actually Miles Davis performing, seems like its an orchestral version by someone else. Not only did DTS throw away extra bits, they discarded the original performer too.... :)

Its not clear to me if that disc is actually Miles Davis performing, seems like its an orchestral version by someone else. Not only did DTS throw away extra bits, they discarded the original performer too.... :)

Sketches of Spain is Gil Evans conducting an orchestra with Miles Davis playing his interpretations of classics like Concerto D'Aranjuez - it's definitely Miles and a classic not to be missed. If you're looking for be- bop though you won't really find it here. Miles plays it sort a like ambient jazz - very much ahead of it's time (not surprising)

Here's a link to the QQ poll (easy to find - just type in the title in the "advanced search" box in the upper right hand of this page) https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?12636-Lee-Ritenour-6-STRING-THEORY-DTS-24-96/page2&highlight=lee+ritenour
But
be careful because the overwhelming majority of people who liked/loved this title were evidently hypnotized into thinking that it sounded good. When they awoke, they saw that it was only DTS 96/24 and all had a good laugh - silly wankers that they were. NOT REALLY - I kid, I kid - it's excellent and well worth having
hey, we all friends here and you don't need to apologize. anyway nobody's perfect, except me (sometimes of course).
can you imagine, there are folks who haven't heard anything else but 128mp3. and guess what, they still live happy life.

Not only did DTS throw away extra bits, they discarded the original performer too....
seems like this DTS is completely out of control. damn it, i did good by canceling my order. there were great chance to
receive instead of nice looking Anjulie, someone like

boyle.jpg

IMGP7903.JPG

images.jpg

I've got 3 of the Monster discs and think they sound great. Wouldn't call the Ritenour disc muzak at all, but the George Benson one gets a little too mellow for me.

K

the key to that title are the following statements found on the listing

"A release date has not yet been set for this title"

"This item has not been released yet and is not eligible to be reviewed".

I've had it on back order with amazon for over a year...maybe one day....

I offered no apology - just a mild bit of sarcasm which evidently sailed over your head.
whatever

the key to that title are the following statements found on the listing
"A release date has not yet been set for this title"
"This item has not been released yet and is not eligible to be reviewed".
I've had it on back order with amazon for over a year...maybe one day....
seems like in either way i have lost nothing at all.
so can stop knocking my head against the wall and finally relax

Thank you elmer, I stand corrected in my ignorance about sketches of spain. I do have a couple of these Monster discs, (Charlie Brown, Ray Charles) and enjoy them. Can someone who has the Sketches disc comment on it?
And otto, I understand your comments and agree with you in the main. Its just that if you're going to remain a purist, there are fewer listening choices available....

Hey thanks for the heads up! Just ordered my copy - in all it's glorious lossy DTSness :sun
I'm one who always wants hi-rez myself, but I have to admit I've rocked out pretty good to some dts 96/24 discs. They seem to sound really good at high volume levels, which is the way I usually listen. six string theory is definitely one of those. I also really like the mix of the live 3 doors down monster dvd-v. The mix is one of those rare live ones that has true discrete sound in the rears. I Like the pop alt-rock too.

Back