Monster Music Deluxe CD + Audio DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least he publically thanks the QQ forum for our interest in this disc!
QQ to the rescue, helping another ebay seller pay for that expensive new swimming pool.... :)

QQ to the rescue, helping another ebay seller pay for that expensive new swimming pool.... :)

haha! credit to him for mentioning QQ, yes!
just think of the ebay & amazon resellers' coffers we've abundantly filled over the years paying inflated prices for all these juicy SACDs & DVDAs! :D

Thanks to this thread many copies go to QQ members at low/moderate price. Now it's up to us who is going to build a new swimming pool (or audiophile system) from selling his/her copy(s) at shocking price :yikes

haha! credit to him for mentioning QQ, yes!
just think of the ebay & amazon resellers' coffers we've abundantly filled over the years paying inflated prices for all these juicy SACDs & DVDAs! :D

This.

Now THAT I find a bit ridiculous. Some people must really want the physical disc and artwork. I would never throw that kind of money down. I'm simply not that sort of collector.

Paying $10 for this was a no-brainer for me.

Thanks to this thread many copies go to QQ members at low/moderate price.

because QQ are biggest community on i-net, dedicated to surround, could someone in direct touch with
Monster Music bring this event to their attention and invite them to our community. perhaps would
be beneficial for all sides involved. it's actually about a time to have thread for commercial announcements
and direct discussion with producers and distributors

No, it was $9.99 yesterday, now raised by $5 to $14.99 I emailed him about it, and the sales generated from here. His only response was that he only has a few left. His auction shows 7 available. So instead of being thankful hes been able to sell a bunch hes being greedy. Since the original artist or Monster gets no money from his sales I won't be buying and here's hoping this becomes available elsewhere....

Everyone should keep in mind that this title was never intended as "commercial" release. I have no first hand insight into the rationale but I'm guessing that Monster was limited on the use of this title, as "Sketches of Spain" is owned by Sony. The fact that these discs were available at all is serendipitous and a bargain at twice the price.

I think we should knock at the labels' door. We should create purchasing request polls where we can vote for records we would like to buy in surround from the labels. These polls would be our knocker.

I received mine yesterday, purchased at the original price. I'm very happy with it and I only paid a fraction of what the stereo sacd cost me.

Thanks to you guys, I was able to get one for the $9.99, and it was well worth it. I'm listening to it now, in DTS 5.1 24-96 (according to the display on my receiver) and it sounds great. The mix is excellent, no gimmicks here, mostly matches the studio set up seen in the pictures included in the booklet. Very cool. A nice job, again, by Noel Lee. This guy is a big surround supporter. I wish he would stop by here and promote his stuff.

The Monster DVD discs are not Dolby Digital surround. As far as I recall, they all have DTS surround, as well as DD for those without 24/96 DTS capability. The mixes are very discrete, and well worth the cost of the disc. In the Miles Booklet, there is a notice that this is NOT a DVD-Audio. One might take from that a left-over format war stipulation that Monster could license the music, as long as they did not release it in the DVD-Audio format.

This MAY be one of the reasons their releases were never DVD-Audio. You would think they would have been.

Never the less, do not fear purchasing any Monster Disc that interests you because it's not technically HiRez. Comon, what other stuff is out there that you want to buy instead? :)

and, as predicted, the price just goes (slowly) up and up.. ah well..

here's hoping someone else is sitting on another pile of these that they want to sell.

Back