Monster Music Deluxe CD + Audio DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there were some way to get in touch with Noel Lee of Monster. The 5.1 releases appear to be his pet project, and I'd bet he would enjoy posting here once or twice to see our admiration of his 5.1 work. He may even know where other members can get this disc at a reasonable price.

If anyone knows him, please let him know. He'd be free to promote anything he'd like to here. Same with Elliot Scheiner, Greg Penny, or anyone else doing surround music.

I wish there were some way to get in touch with Noel Lee of Monster. The 5.1 releases appear to be his pet project, and I'd bet he would enjoy posting here once or twice to see our admiration of his 5.1 work. He may even know where other members can get this disc at a reasonable price.

If anyone knows him, please let him know. He'd be free to promote anything he'd like to here. Same with Elliot Scheiner, Greg Penny, or anyone else doing surround music.

(maybe stating the obvious Jon, so apologies in advance if you already have) but have you called/emailed Monster Music inviting Noel Lee to drop by, explaining the site, who you are & how much the members of your site appreciate their recordings and wish there were more of them?

i'd add Alan Parsons to Greg & Elliot, he's also v.into surround & Hi-Rez.

I'd imagine Greg Penny would be happy to chat & field questions, if you were to contact him through Flower Records & invite him here, if you haven't already.. you just never know do you!?

Eliot Scheiner is, it would appear, represented by Joe D'Ambrosio Management.. you never know a quick email whizzed off to them about QQ and we could count the legendary Scheiner among QQs' members/contributors. Wouldn't that be AMAZING?!?

www.alanparsonsmusic.com also has a Contact page. Its got to be worth a try, yes?

I don't think we'll ever see this for $10 again, you guys lucked out. The closest I came was a BIN for under $8. I couldn't close the deal because the paypal site was screwed up and someone else got it later...

Fedex delivered mine within the last hour. It was $19.95, including shipping. It is my sixth copy of Sketches and the best by far. WOW!! :yikes I'm a/b'ing it to the US 2 ch SACD and the remastered CD from the Complete Columbia album collection.

Noel Lee of monster cable:
http://www.monstercable.com/company_info/monster_cable_products.asp

On the page above are links to: "Find Monster on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and YouTube."

Google search: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output....,cf.osb&fp=620f4183c90141be&biw=1001&bih=680

EDIT: http://www.monstermusic.com/about.asp

Working with the most advanced technologies and the world's greatest recording artists, Monster Music, a division of Monster, LLC, is dedicated to delivering the best music experience possible in high definition surround sound.

The brainchild of Monster Cable founder, Noel Lee, Monster Music has gone directly to the source, the music itself, to bring you new and better music experiences from your home theater, car stereo, or portable personal electronics. Featuring surround sound, high definition audio, and new technologies like Dolby Headphone, you'll hear more, feel more, and enjoy more the electronics you already own.

Monster Music SuperDisc delivers the most advanced surround sound music possible. SuperDisc plays music in High Definition Surround (HDS) and works with any DVD player. Every SuperDisc recording has been carefully remixed and re-mastered to bring out the best performance possible from today's home theater and car stereo systems. You'll hear more clarity, punch, dynamics and vocal presence than the regular CD.

Monster, LLC
7521 Lake Mead Blvd, West
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128 USA
Call us toll free at: 866-563-6388

For any artist or industry inquiries, please contact: [email protected]

They worked well, but didn't have the oxygen purged, so they turned green.

could be you didn't connect them correctly. perhaps you need to get cables like this,
with arrows, showing which direction sound should move :)

AQ Comp 1.jpg

Otto, I think you misunderstood. The copper wires turning green was an anomaly on all the early production runs of these speaker cables. Monster rectified the problem and did a recall. I still have the replacement pair on my front speakers. Through the clear insulation, the wires are still copper colored, 30+ years later.

The same seller had a second copy for BIN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251110636319 - now coming my way if all goes well.
Maybe seller will have still another?

Tom in So Cal

Folks should watch this seller as Tom was right, he did have another for about the same price. Finally snagged one that went on sale today for $21.99 with free shipping.

Since this is not a regular release unfortunately, this one will most likely just go up in price due to the quality and content. So, keep up your searches on eBay now, as there are a few still out there.

EDIT: Use eBay search:

Sketches of Spain Miles Davis. Gil Evans HDS DVD hi-def surround mix by Noel Lee

Based on this thread I just picked up one off eBay for $22.99. I suspect these will only go up in value, although I am not buying for resale. Just that I wanted to get one before they are insanely priced.

Thanks again QQ for another hot tip!

Ken

My shipping email says I will get this by Monday (add another day considering its the post office...if they deliver it to the right address. I occasionally get mail for the same number address on another street nearby thats spelled similar to mine)
So I'm looking forward to this.

Mine came early today. Very nice music, very clear and clean sounding. While the rears are not extremely active I'm happy to have this and glad I got it. I need to pull out some more miles and listen....

Ouch, Tom! Any chance of getting that one forwarded to you? I know you'd rather have the disc then your money back.

Back