DVD/DTS Poll Davis, Miles - Sketches of Spain [DTS 96/24 DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Mile Davis - SKETCHES OF SPAIN

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I haven't heard Head Monster Noel Lee's name almost since these came out.

Anyone know why he seemingly abandoned the whole surround scene since then?

I'm gonna guess at least in part because they still can't seem to even give away the first pressing of the few titles they created?

I'm gonna guess at least in part because they still can't seem to even give away the first pressing of the few titles they created?

At one point, I actually paid $50 USED for Monster's Sketches of Spain as it was OOP and only available from Amazon third party vendors.

I'm guessing they did a repress and might've gone a bit overboard....thus the surplus.

The actual disc was a free promo with the purchase of Miles Davis' Headphones which Monster created and sold from their website......but the disc created such a buzz that it was made available for sale separate from the headphone purchase. https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Perf...r=8-2&keywords=monster+miles+davis+headphones

I recently purchased a Monster Music BD by a group called The BBB. It's fantastic, IMO.
Maybe they're back?

Mike, that disc has disappeared from Amazon's site and is not listed on Monster Music's website.

It's a Dolby Atmos BD~A....correct?

Would love to see Monster do more of their fantastic 5.1 [or better] remixes.....most especially in the BD~A format.

I know they had a great relationship with Concord Music whom a lot of A artists have gravitated towards [Paul McCartney, Joni Mitchell, the Frank Sinatra remasters, to name a few].

Ok, it's been awhile, but I remember this DTS title when it first came out became a hit and, got hard to find real quick. Fortunately, more copies came and it's still available. For now at least. If memory serves correct, it came out in movie DVD box and smaller square box, l believe by Monster cables, or they had something to do with it.

I read in a Grace Slick interview where she mentioned that the writing of "Go Ask Alice" was influenced by "Sketches of Spain."

Sketches of Spain, as well as George Benson, Anjulie, and Three Doors Down are all still available (and very cheap) through the Monster store: https://www.monsterstore.com/collections/more
I can understand that regarding Anjulie and Three Doors Down (due to popularity), but not really the other two. All the Monster discs sound great, for what they were going for, but Benson and Davis should have flown off the shelves just based on their iconic statuses. Poor marketing?

I ordered this title from monster and got the cd with the 360 headphone version, no dts 5.1, in cardboard sleeve. If you read the description on the monster site it says cd, the photo is the DVD package, kind of deceptive.

I ordered this title from monster and got the cd with the 360 headphone version, no dts 5.1, in cardboard sleeve. If you read the description on the monster site it says cd, the photo is the DVD package, kind of deceptive.
Yep. That happened to me. I now have a CD version I don’t really want. Hopefully I’ll be able to unload it on someone at some point? idk.

But I love the DVD version

Back