DVD/DTS Poll Davis, Miles - Sketches of Spain [DTS 96/24 DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Mile Davis - SKETCHES OF SPAIN

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I ordered it on Aug 17th and it arrived in a few days, apparently the got more stock(y)

Arrived today while I was listening to 6 String Theory - no point in ordering just one disc :) I shall return to vote when I'm ready.

EDIT: I actually ordered both at the same time to save shipping. I heard nothing from the them about shipping (or anything else) and then FedEx dropped off a box with only 6 String Theory and no note about Sketches Of Spain. I was a little worried, but then I got an e-mail saying that they'd sent Sketches and that completed my order. And now I have both :)

Last edited:
ah, 6 String Theory.. there's no way you can buy that little Monster outside of the U.S., that's for damned sure! it's the only one of the Monster SuperDiscs you never see up for sale on eBay or Amazon marketplace.

ah, 6 String Theory.. there's no way you can buy that little Monster outside of the U.S., that's for damned sure! it's the only one of the Monster SuperDiscs you never see up for sale on eBay or Amazon marketplace.

Got my copy from E-bay !!! so they do occaisionally appear

I ordered and received 6 String Theory directly from M0nsterMusic earlier this year. Price with shipping was $27.63. Looks like it's still available. Don't see Sketches however.

Update: Found Sketches and ordered it.

I still don't understand how you end up with 19 unique tracks to work with, from the original three, without using processing or "digital tricks". So then they've used, what, "analog tricks"? I wish the article would elaborate a bit on the content of these 19 tracks.

I still don't understand how you end up with 19 unique tracks to work with, from the original three, without using processing or "digital tricks". So then they've used, what, "analog tricks"? I wish the article would elaborate a bit on the content of these 19 tracks.

You're right. They used "upmixing" software to generate 19 tracks from the original 3. And then remixed from there to Surround.

Wow, this one sounds terrific. It's exceedingly impressive that such a full and natural surround field was created from what was originally a 3-track source. I love all the Miles/Gil Evans collaborations and was very skeptical about this release but it may end up being my preferred version. 9+

Can't Wait to hear this one - Ordered this off Amazon for 19.98 - just got a 10.00 credit for amazon today so only 9.98 - Damn, thank God for Necro posts

Thank You Blue Monk :snoodhug:

Last edited:
just got this.

This is definitely the most analog sounding digital disc I own, if that makes any sense.

Must dig it out again, i remeber liking it lost when I received it born out by the 9 i gave it at the time.

Its a shame more Miles davis albums did not get this treatment

At the risk of derailing this thread, which I do NOT want to do, are the Monster DTS discs no longer sold by the Monster store anymore? I couldn't find any except the Miles disc.

There are several discs for sale on the site, but the search function sucks. You can't just search for "superdisc," though that brings up a couple.
As of last night they had Ray Charles, George Benson, Benson/Jarraeu and Miles Davis for sale, all $10 or less.
The Charles Brown titles appear to be sold out.

Back