Lou Dorren Demodulator Update

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I received a call from Lou tonight (he calls me, I do not call him)

He says that he finally has received the "version 3" board for the demodulator, and that I should have the test unit in two-three weeks. Of course, this is all subject to delay, but he seemed pretty sure of it. Remember that he is a very busy guy, and this is his personal side project.

So, all I can promise to you guys is that when I receive it, you will be notified immediately, and I will crack open my still sealed SoundBird Test LP and check this thing out.

Again, this project is strictly Lou's, I have nothing to do with it, so if it gets delayed further, it's not me! :)
However, I have a good feeling about this arriving soon this time.

Cross yer finga's! :banana:

Good news on the demod.
We still have the cartridges to worry about....yes? no?

ETA
just snapped up a NM used SoundBird SB4X-002 Test LP...just felt..."inspired" to do so.
Why not? Already have the JVC 45rpm, Fischer and Hitachi 33 1/3 test discs.

Last edited:
Lou works in mysterious ways. Can't force it. Sorry

At least you still have contact with him. He's obviously a very busy fella and we can't expect the moon from him. But, he's checking in with you Jon, and you spread the word to us. There's a mutual respect going on and that shows integrity.

Last edited:
Good things come to those who wait. That's what I have always been told. I'm in no rush. Get it right the first time. Really looking forward to this new piece of equipment.
Phil.

We have a new QS decoder on the market, and a new SQ decoder imminent, so I'm curious about this new CD-4 unit, and to let all parties concerned know that I am still interested.

Yes we have all been "curious" and "interested" for years.
Last we heard from Lou was November 2012.

That's the last I've heard from him as well. Hope he's OK.

Back