Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Yes have announced a European tour in 2016 playing Drama and Fragile. I hope that strengthens the theory of Tales release this year and Fragile on 2016.
By the way, I wonder how they dare to book any tours in 2016 taking into account Squire's delicate health status

And Yes have announced a European tour in 2016 playing Drama and Fragile. I hope that strengthens the theory of Tales release this year and Fragile on 2016.
By the way, I wonder how they dare to book any tours in 2016 taking into account Squire's delicate health status

I hope that strengthens the hope of Drama in 5.1. I'll listen to my inferior Fragile in 5.1 to tide me over, so I throw in my vote for Tales this Fall as well.

I fully understand if they never put Tormato out, but its a shame I won't be able to hear "Silent Wings of Freedom" in 5.1.

since were dreaming, and that's all really doing at this point, perhaps Trevor Horn could mix 90125 into 5.1. I don't remember if he did the Seal DVD-A's but those are stellar..
he could then follow it up with doing the entire pleasuredome album.

Wilson's work on the first set of Yes albums has been fantastic and I would take any he chooses to do at anytime with a huge degree of gratitude.

So it looks like steven is involved with the new Blackfield album along with Alan Parsons

yep, there was a photo posted of Aviv, SW, and AP together from a February 2015 recording session.
I just hope that this "Blackfield V" album is much better than the last one. "Welcome to my DNA" wasn't really that stellar either, but IV was particularly a huge slide down from the quality of the first two albums. The only saving grace for IV was its release in surround on DVD-A.

Agree on all counts.
If they are touring "Fragile" next year, it makes sense to release "Tales" in the Fall and "Fragile" in the Spring (2016) as a form of tour promotion.
Playing "Drama" live also makes sense with Howe, White, and Downes all there, plus Jon Davison can definitely sing it without a problem.

What DOESN'T make sense is the fact that they booked this tour with Chris Squire still in bad shape health-wise. This confirms my suspicion that the members of Yes never had the same kind of camaraderie as other groups like Genesis or (especially) RUSH. They need to just stop already and call it a day...

Agree on all counts.
If they are touring "Fragile" next year, it makes sense to release "Tales" in the Fall and "Fragile" in the Spring (2016) as a form of tour promotion.
Playing "Drama" live also makes sense with Howe, White, and Downes all there, plus Jon Davison can definitely sing it without a problem.

What DOESN'T make sense is the fact that they booked this tour with Chris Squire still in bad shape health-wise. This confirms my suspicion that the members of Yes never had the same kind of camaraderie as other groups like Genesis or (especially) RUSH. They need to just stop already and call it a day...

Genesis? I've been of the opinion, esp. after watching the interviews on the 5.1 dvd's, that those guys weren't exactly tight either. And my opinion of Banks took a nosedive (as a person- still think he's a great musician/writer).

YES will keep on playing and touring until each and every one of them (long time members) are dead and gone. So, it makes sense to me. When Jon Anderson became ill, the same thing happened.

I am getting this feeling now as well. I find it hard to imagine a sizable demand to see Yes w/o either Jon or Chris, but who knows? I'd rather see Steve solo.

Genesis? I've been of the opinion, esp. after watching the interviews on the 5.1 dvd's, that those guys weren't exactly tight either. And my opinion of Banks took a nosedive (as a person- still think he's a great musician/writer).

I didn't specify, but I was referring to the Banks/Rutherford/Collins era, not anything before that. It's clear to me from watching the new documentary that those three seem to still get on really well with each other, while Steve Hackett on the other hand seems to be as far removed from them (as people) as you can possibly get, with Peter somewhere in the middle of that.

I didn't specify, but I was referring to the Banks/Rutherford/Collins era, not anything before that. It's clear to me from watching the new documentary that those three seem to still get on really well with each other, while Steve Hackett on the other hand seems to be as far removed from them (as people) as you can possibly get, with Peter somewhere in the middle of that.

OK- those 3 still being tight I can see. Though I would have thought PG more removed from them than SH, but then I'm pretty ignorant on that (and haven't seen the documentary). Was SH's departure that bitter (that was not my understanding) or has something else driven a wedge between them?

I would have also thought that Howe, Squire and White would still be really tight. Perhaps they consulted CS before booking the tour; perhaps they feel that waiting for him wouldn't make much sense- as in if he can't make it back by then, he likely won't make it back at all. All supposition on my part. I just hope the guys haven't ignored him like they did Jon. And I hope CS makes it back- at least health-wise, if not back in the band.

There is no Yes anymore.

OK- those 3 still being tight I can see. Though I would have thought PG more removed from them than SH, but then I'm pretty ignorant on that (and haven't seen the documentary). Was SH's departure that bitter (that was not my understanding) or has something else driven a wedge between them?

I would have also thought that Howe, Squire and White would still be really tight. Perhaps they consulted CS before booking the tour; perhaps they feel that waiting for him wouldn't make much sense- as in if he can't make it back by then, he likely won't make it back at all. All supposition on my part. I just hope the guys haven't ignored him like they did Jon. And I hope CS makes it back- at least health-wise, if not back in the band.

We're getting very off-topic here, but the split with Peter was more bitter at the time than the split with Steve, but just watching their body language and chemistry with all 5 of them being interviewed together, Peter seemed to be more genial than Steve, and the others seemed to respond more positively to Peter's statements than Steve's. Maybe members like Tony & Mike have disliked Steve doing all of his Genesis Revisited stuff that maybe they don't approve of.

But getting slightly back on-topic, it really aggravates me when I see a lot of people on SW's remixes page begging him to remix Genesis albums, cause that means they are either ignorant of the current remixes already released, or they can't accept the fact that Genesis has already been remixed in surround and it ain't happening again. Just had to throw that in here to bring us slightly back on-topic… ;)

Staying off topic, but funny that I found Steve H. to be the one with the fondest memories of recording the early albums, at least he found the least fault with them it seemed to me. Tony...yeah, he came across as a bit of an arrogant twit, sort of the arbiter of taste for their music. Just IMHO.

Staying off topic, but funny that I found Steve H. to be the one with the fondest memories of recording the early albums, at least he found the least fault with them it seemed to me. Tony...yeah, he came across as a bit of an arrogant twit, sort of the arbiter of taste for their music. Just IMHO.

Oh Steve H is very fond of the music he made while in Genesis. I'm just not that sure nowadays how fond the others are of him, especially Mike & Tony.

We're getting very off-topic here, but the split with Peter was more bitter at the time than the split with Steve, but just watching their body language and chemistry with all 5 of them being interviewed together, Peter seemed to be more genial than Steve, and the others seemed to respond more positively to Peter's statements than Steve's. Maybe members like Tony & Mike have disliked Steve doing all of his Genesis Revisited stuff that maybe they don't approve of.

But getting slightly back on-topic, it really aggravates me when I see a lot of people on SW's remixes page begging him to remix Genesis albums, cause that means they are either ignorant of the current remixes already released, or they can't accept the fact that Genesis has already been remixed in surround and it ain't happening again. Just had to throw that in here to bring us slightly back on-topic… ;)

OK- not seeing the doc I wouldn't have noticed that; thanks for the clarification. It seems to me that Tony and Phil have really devalued the early years of the band- which many of us feel are their best. Perhaps a reaction to many fans feeling that once PG (or SH) left, the band sold out, or wasn;t really Genesis anymore or fiil-in-the-blank w/ whatever derogatory comment.

I think there is so much cry for SW to remix Genesis in surround b/c so many are dissatisfied w/ the results of that 1st attempt. Personally, I love those 5.1 mixes, even if they're not perfect. But I only have through W&W, as my dissatisfaction w/ ATTWT led me to get off the bus then- and from what I've read, the later mixes suffered more. Though plenty of people still seem to dislike all the re-mixes.

We need you to quote some current SW tweets/facebook posts to get us firmly back on topic RT!

And he's the one keeping that music alive in concert. Arrogance is certainly not uncommon in mega-successful artists, but I was amazed at the level of TB's arrogance and esp. what seemed like a big dose of condescension.

If ever a track was made for a surround mix, it's "It can Happen". "Leave It" would also be good, as would the rest of the album as I fail to resist playing the other tracks.

It could happen.

I'd love to see SW do the deluxe re-mix concept on all Yes' albums through BG- even farther. I don't see that happening though. I could see him completing through maybe GftO and then, if successful enough in the series, someone else doing more. Maybe if they asked him, RT would be willing? ;)

Back