Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play is done, it's just waiting to be announced.

Ian Anderson said to expect the remix of "A Passion Play" within the first few months of 2014.
Same thing Jakko said as far as when his remix of ELP's "Trilogy" is to be released.
AND with the knowledge of a probable Yes remix from Steven Wilson out at that time too (Hopefully "Going for the One") AND "Drums & Wires" from XTC, 2014 will (hopefully) start out very strong! :)

Updates to the list:
- Anathema - Distant Satellites (formats TBA, 4 tracks mixed by SW)
- Tim Bowness - Abandoned Dancehall Dreams (formats TBA)
- Gentle Giant - The Power and The Glory cd/bd cd/dvdv 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1 (DTS 96/24)
- Jethro Tull - A Passion Play 2cd/2dvd-v 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1 (DTS 96/24)
- Opeth - Pale Communion 2.0/5.1 (formats TBA)
- John Wesley - Disconnect cd 2.0 (1 track mixed by SW)
- Yes - The Yes Album cd/dvd-a cd-bd 2.0/5.1

plus some minor clean up on previous entries.

Anathema – We’re Here Because We’re Here cd/dvd-a 2.0/5.1
Anathema - Distant Satellites cd 2.0 (formats TBA, 4 tracks mixed by SW)
Ian Anderson – Thick As A Brick cd/dvd-v 2.0 (PCM 48/24)/5.1 (DTS)
Aristocats, The - Boing, We'll Do It Live! 2cd/dvd-v 5.1 (DD) (2.0 by Mark Niemiec)
Blackfield - IV cd/dvd-av 2.0/5.1
Tim Bowness - Abandoned Dancehall Dreams (formats TBA)
Caravan – In The Land Of Grey And Pink 2cd/dvd-v 2.0 (DD)/5.1 (DD)
Ben Castle – Blah Street cd 2.0 (8 tracks mixed by SW)
Cipher – No Ordinary Man cd 2.0
Cipher – One Who Whispers cd 2.0
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer 2cd/dvd-a 2.0/5.1
Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Tarkus 2cd/dvd-a 2.0/5.1
Ephrat – No One’s Words cd 2.0
Fish - Sunsets on Empire cd 2.0 (Produced and partly co-written by SW)
Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time 5.1 cd/dvd-av 2.0/5.1
Henry Fool - Henry Fool cd 2.0 (2 tracks mixed by SW)
Gentle Giant - The Power and The Glory cd/bd cd/dvdv 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1 (DTS 96/24)
Jethro Tull - Benefit 2cd/dvd-v 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1(DTS 96/24)
Jethro Tull - Aqualung cd/dvd-v/bd 2.0/5.1 (dvd-v 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1 (DTS 96/24))
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick cd/dvd-v 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1 (DTS 96/24)
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play 2cd/2dvd-v 2.0 (PCM 96/24)/5.1 (DTS 96/24)
King Crimson – In The Court Of The Crimson King cd/dvd-a 2.0 (mixed by SW and Robert Fripp) /5.1 (mixed by SW)
King Crimson – In The Wake Of Poseidon cd/dvd-a 2.0 (mixed by SW&RF)/5.1 (mixed by SW)
King Crimson – Lizard cd/dvd-a 2.0 (mixed by SW&RF)/5.1 (mixed by SW)
King Crimson – Islands cd/dvd-a 2.0 (mixed by SW&RF)/5.1 (mixed by SW)
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic cd/dvd-a/bd 2.0 (both mixed by SW&RF)
King Crimson – Starless And Bible Black cd/dvd-a 2.0/5.1 (both mixed by SW&RF)
King Crimson - The Road To Red box set cd/dvd-a/bd (new stereo mix by SW&RF, plus 5.1 from previous Red dvd-a)
King Crimson – Red cd/dvd-a 2.0 (= original mix)/5.1
King Crimson – Discipline cd/dvd-a 2.0/5.1 (both mixed by SW&RF)
Marillion – marrillion.com cd 2.0 (five tracks mixed by SW)
Marillion – Marbles cd 2.0 (2 tracks mixed by SW)
Memories Of Machines - Memories Of Machines cd 2.0
Opeth – Blackwater Park cd 2.0 (mixed by Fredrik Nordström, SW & Opeth)
Opeth – Damnation cd 2.0 (mixed by SW & Opeth, 5.1 by SW, unreleased)
Opeth – Heritage cd/dvd-v 2.0/5.1 (DTS 48/24)
Opeth - Pale Communion 2.0/5.1 (formats TBA)
Paathos – Kaalocain cd 2.0
Theo Travis – Heart Of The Sun cd 2.0
Theo Travis – Earth To Ether cd 2.0
Travis/Fripp - Follow cd/dvd-a 2.0/5.1
v/a - TF100 cd/2x10" vinyl 2.0 (5 tracks mixed by SW)
John Wesley – Shiver cd 2.0
John Wesley - Disconnect cd 2.0 (1 track mixed by SW)
XTC - Nonsuch cd/dvd-a cd/bd 2.0/5.1
XTC - more to come
Yes - Close to the Edge cd-dvd-a cd/bd 2.0/5.1
Yes - The Yes Album cd/dvd-a cd-bd 2.0/5.1
Yes - more to come

A new update from Mr. Wilson:

Also on the way this Summer are my stereo / 5.1 remixes of Jethro Tull’s A Passion Play (a 2 CD / 2 DVD set including the “lost” 1972 Chateau Tapes album), Gentle Giant’s The Power and the Glory (Blu-Ray/CD and DVD/CD), and XTC's Drums and Wires (Blu-Ray/CD and DVD-A/CD). There are plans to continue with all of these artist’s catalogues over time, with hopefully another early 70’s Yes title towards the end of the year.
http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/product-category/classic-album-remixes/

:51banana:

I notice on his playlist of 14th April, The Groundhogs - Split, one of my favourite bands (I have every album, some in multiple formats/releases), and the first rock band I ever saw, plus I'd like Split and Hogwash in 5.1

Perhaps it is just a typo. Although it is just a minor thing, I like how he writes BD/CD and DVD-A/CD instead of the more common, cd/bd. SW knows that the BDA and DVD-A are the main dish/disc and the cd just for convenience :)

It is great that he is also taking on the Gentle Giant catalogue, but I am wondering what happened to the remaining King Crimson titles, both SW and Jakko's mixes. Hopefully they are not shelved.

I wish we could get some confirmation on SW's Roxy Music 5.1 remix.. I mentioned over on the SHF that there were rumours he had remixed the self-titled LP and several members went into near cardiac arrest! It'd be a huge deal if Mr.W were to work his magic on the Roxy Music back catalogue imho (y)

The first LP wouldn't be my first choice for Roxy, seems he would have a whole lot more sound to play with on Country Life or Siren, but of course, will welcome any and all.

Deffo :) I agree to a certain extent, the later Roxy Music albums definitely have lots of scope for him to do his thing, though I didn't think there was very much SW could do with some other albums he's remixed (the ELP debut was one, it's always sounded a bit of a mess.. his Hawkwind remix too, just amazing given the source material) ..he extracted so much out of those tapes, those two ELP albums he remixed are almost like different works imho, they're transformed. Superb stuff. We're very lucky to have people like him and Jakko for all the great work they do.

Note he writes "Gentle Giant’s The Power and the Glory (Blu-Ray/CD and DVD/CD)" where the others are DVD-A/CD.

Maybe that means no lossless on the DVD?

I think that is exactly what that means, DVD-V, not DVD-A.
Remember, since it is Gentle Giant, Ray Shulman will author the DVD and Blu-Ray, and to my knowledge, he doesn't author DVD-A.
Plus I thought I remembered reading a while back that there would be a visual component to this reissue so it makes sense to do DVD-V then

I don't know why, but lately, I'm getting more excited about any and all Steven Wilson XTC remixes, more so even that what he is doing for Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, and now Gentle Giant.

The prospect of hearing "Drums & Wires" in 5.1 gets me more excited than "The Power and the Glory" and "A Passion Play" (even though I'm really excited to hear those too). I especially can't wait to hear "Making Plans for Nigel" and "Complicated Game", as Andy Partridge has described the latter 5.1 mix as "breathtaking".
Also, I really hope they find the tapes for the other XTC records, particularly "Black Sea", "English Settlement", and "Skylarking".
I also hope if/when SW does a remix of "Oranges & Lemons" that he makes his remix less bright than the current CD remaster, which can hurt my ears at times, even though musically it's a fantastic record.

I don't know why, but lately, I'm getting more excited about any and all Steven Wilson XTC remixes, more so even that what he is doing for Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, and now Gentle Giant.

Oh dear, :howl I don't even know where to begin...

Heresy? :mad:
Sacrilege? :mad:@:
Sheer Lunacy? :yikes
Brain Damage? :rolleyes:

I know you are one of the kindred spirits around here and have a proven legacy of refined musical taste.
I'll just assume during a recent trip to Rocky Top, you drank some really bad shine. Amazingly by sheer coincidence, Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant are probably the 4 cornerstones of prog representing the different directions prog can go. SO... you pretty much bitch-slapped :mad:@: Progressive Rock in its entirety.(n)

To further my dissension, I will add that Gentle Giant - The Power & The Glory getting a 5.1 SW treatment is maybe the greatest thing for music since the Beatles dropped acid, and left their "Love Me Do" roots in the dust, enabling more creative music to be recorded and pressed into LP records!

And don't even get me started on how you dissed the single greatest band in the history of the known universe. Yep: YES.

For God's sake lad. Stop the madness before it destroys you! :cool:

yes.png

jethro-tull.png

gentle giant front.jpg

KCrimson.jpg

The prospect of hearing "Drums & Wires" in 5.1 gets me more excited than "The Power and the Glory" and "A Passion Play" (even though I'm really excited to hear those too). I especially can't wait to hear "Making Plans for Nigel" and "Complicated Game", as Andy Partridge has described the latter 5.1 mix as "breathtaking".
Also, I really hope they find the tapes for the other XTC records, particularly "Black Sea", "English Settlement", and "Skylarking".
I also hope if/when SW does a remix of "Oranges & Lemons" that he makes his remix less bright than the current CD remaster, which can hurt my ears at times, even though musically it's a fantastic record.

Yes Sir, I'm with the PC Police and it's been decided that you're no longer entitled to your avatar. Come along nicely, lad, and there's no need for any more trouble...

Oh dear, :howl I don't even know where to begin...

Heresy? :mad:
Sacrilege? :mad:@:
Sheer Lunacy? :yikes
Brain Damage? :rolleyes:

I know you are one of the kindred spirits around here and have a proven legacy of refined musical taste.
I'll just assume during a recent trip to Rocky Top, you drank some really bad shine. Amazingly by sheer coincidence, Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, and Gentle Giant are probably the 4 cornerstones of prog representing the different directions prog can go. SO... you pretty much bitch-slapped :mad:@: Progressive Rock in its entirety.(n)

To further my dissension, I will add that Gentle Giant - The Power & The Glory getting a 5.1 SW treatment is maybe the greatest thing for music since the Beatles dropped acid, and left their "Love Me Do" roots in the dust, enabling more creative music to be recorded and pressed into LP records!

And don't even get me started on how you dissed the single greatest band in the history of the known universe. Yep: YES.

For God's sake lad. Stop the madness before it destroys you! :cool:

Yes indeed! Give that man a lupin! Lupins for everyone!!!

Back