Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to "Tales From Topographic Ocean"s in 5.1 (the sooner the better!), I really need "Trilogy", and any/all Gentle Giant will/would be brilliant. However, what about Wishbone Ash's "Argus"? It would fantastic if Mr Wilson did that in 5.1!

Pour a glass for me! :brew:

I respect Adrian Belew greatly and consider that he has a fine voice. I don't care for Beat but I enjoy
the rest of his era KC. (y)

I have and I've drunk it!

Agreed about Belew. City of Tiny Lites ! I've always loved Beat, but it may be because I first saw them on that tour.

Much better. (y) :) :cool:

That wasn't so hard now, was it??? :yikes :smokin

Yes, we have Brain Salad Surgery in 5.1 but we need that to get to Trilogy and I am actually really excited to get the new 2.0 mix DIRECT from the original multi-tracks, which would be virtually hiss free and better sounding than any other prior BSS 2.0 mix. Remixing from the 1st gen multi-track brings a huge benefit that has nothing to do with surround. For the first time ever, we get to enjoy music from the 1st gen source tape! This is a precious gift of the highest order. I hope every new 5.1 remix gives us a new 2.0 mix direct from the multi-track.

I completely agree with you concerning the new "Brain Salad Surgery" stereo remix. I never thought the original stereo mix sounded as good as the first three album mixes (and that's probably because Eddie Offord wasn't engineering BSS), and I also felt that the original 5.1 mix was a little too 'odd' at times compared to more recent surround mixes like Steven Wilson's work and Nick Davis' Genesis mixes, so I'm really hoping Jakko's mixes will finally do the album justice.

Your bands: Tears For Fears & Talking Heads(Yes, I saw the film Stop Making Sense twice...) those two are great examples, both have fine & talented singers playing elevator music as far as bass, drums & keys.

I don't have an opinion about Tears for Fears, but to say Talking Heads were playing "elevator music" is either troll bait of the worst magnitude or perhaps a ringing endorsement of elevator music. Fear of Music and Speaking in Tongues were anything but vapid pablum designed to calm people waiting in claustrophobic metal boxes.

Even if you're just limiting it to bass, drums, and keys are concerned, you're still off the charts. I'm sorry you can't get into their music. I wish you could hear what I hear.

Yeah, based on your avatar, I'm sure you particularly enjoyed the defining of XTC as a "boy band"… (nice avatar BTW)

;)

I rejected this release initially. When I fully opened my heart to FiveOne Jesus he rewarded me by filling the room with "War Dance." Seeketh and ye shall find :smokin

Honestly though, Mr. Moore cracks me up and the people at work start the day on such a serious note it's a downer....Little Boy Band...it's got a ring to it (y)

Honestly though, Mr. Moore cracks me up and the people at work start the day on such a serious note it's a downer....Little Boy Band...it's got a ring to it (y)

Thanks m8,:) My goal here in this forum is to simply bring some fun & joy if I can. I'm a dude who has been given a second chance at life, health-wise so I really am stubborn/set in my desire to have a spot of fun. Life is real short and one never knows when the doctor will bring real bad news. Trust me on this.

I've done tech all my life so I can talk the tech-talk but I've no desire to impress anybody with that boring nonsense. I insist to make a connection in other ways. Silly ways that is! (y) Funny ways???:rolleyes:

So... PK you are quite kind to say and RT you are such a good sport to put up with my nonsense. Regrettably, I must say there will be no end in site to the tom-foolery however. ;)

There are many truly wonderful people here and it is a joy to interact with all of you!

@drphibes: I do not mean to put down the Talking Heads. I'm coming from a musician's perspective. Most music I listen to I would aspire to play to. I've always been that way. Simpler music doesn't do it for me. David Byrne is an ultra-talented singer but the musicians around him play at a very basic level. I could teach it to you in a few lessons. Sorry I truly don't wish to rain on your parade. Forgive me.

You caught my attention when you wrote: " I wish you could hear what I hear." I think that is the whole magical point about the music we all love. When certain music inspires us our imagination fills in all the blanks and takes it to a higher level. For me that would be Nektar's Remember The Future. Not the most complex music, but perfect for me and my mind elevates it to Nirvana.

I do hope you get some Talking Heads music remixed into 5.1. With Universal pushing this PureAudio on BluRay thing, I do think it will be just a matter of time.

God bless all of you and I hope everybody has a fabulous weekend. :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks m8,:) My goal here in this forum is to simply bring some fun & joy if I can. I'm a dude who has been given a second chance at life, health-wise so I really am stubborn/set in my desire to have a spot of fun. Life is real short and one never knows when the doctor will bring real bad news. Trust me on this.

I've done tech all my life so I can talk the tech-talk but I've no desire to impress anybody with that boring nonsense. I insist to make a connection in other ways. Silly ways that is! (y) Funny ways???:rolleyes:

So... PK you are quite kind to say and RT you are such a good sport to put up with my nonsense. Regrettably, I must say there will be no end in site to the tom-foolery however. ;)

There are many truly wonderful people here and it is a joy to interact with all of you!

@drphibes: I do not mean to put down the Talking Heads. I'm coming from a musician's perspective. Most music I listen to I would aspire to play to. I've always been that way. Simpler music doesn't do it for me. David Byrne is an ultra-talented singer but the musicians around him play at a very basic level. I could teach it to you in a few lessons. Sorry I truly don't wish to rain on your parade. Forgive me.

You caught my attention when you wrote: " I wish you could hear what I hear." I think that is the whole magical point about the music we all love. When certain music inspires us our imagination fills in all the blanks and takes it to a higher level. For me that would be Nektar's Remember The Future. Not the most complex music, but perfect for me and my mind elevates it to Nirvana.

I do hope you get some Talking Heads music remixed into 5.1. With Universal pushing this PureAudio on BluRay thing, I do think it will be just a matter of time.

God bless all of you and I hope everybody has a fabulous weekend. :banana::banana::banana:

War Dance will never be the same! boyband.jpg

SIMeter.jpg

Keep it in the "red"

Statements like this that make me wonder if you're just trolling. The entire studio catalogue has already been done in 5.1, although it's sadly gone out of print.

Statements like this that make me wonder if you're just trolling. The entire studio catalogue has already been done in 5.1, although it's sadly gone out of print.

My good man, I've been accused of many things around here and around the world. trolling has never been one of them.
Did you read my reply to you above? Perhaps you are unaware of who I am, and that may help you understand me better around here:

I am Dennis Moore(my name reads DennisMooore Jr. because there was an unfortunate moderator "incident" some time ago. I think it had to do with the over-consumption of certain libations...) Please view this at your leisure:

[video=youtube;kp-R1o753pM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-R1o753pM[/video]

Your moniker has me puzzled. Shall I address you as "Dr." and what is a "phibes" :mad:@:

Also you confused me, I'm talking about Universal Music's brand new release campaign for hifi & multi-channel music. If like you said; Talking Heads were released long ago but are out of print, you'd benefit from Universal releasing their music. In addition if the music is out of print, than it is virtually unavailable, so on both counts my prior hopes for you to get your music in 5.1 stand as I was quite sincere. The search for music in 5.1 can be a long journey. I bought ELP-BSS in 5.1 DVD-audio before I even had a player and it took me eight years to hear the darn thing! I am eagerly awaiting the 2nd release of ELP - BSS in 5.1 and I will buy it as soon as FredBlu does, which is saying something!

And, I had no idea Talking Heads had been released already. If it isn't progressive music or Elton John or The WHO, I'm pretty much no good around here. :(

Anyway, that's my sad, sorted story.

Cheers!

DennisMoore

There is the possibility DennisMooreJr. isn't aware of the Talking Heads' Brick, etc.?

Indeed, the young lad caught me completely unaware. Brick? Aside from Tull's - Thick As A brick, the only other brick I know of is here:

[video=youtube;aA1kFA0Viug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA1kFA0Viug[/video]

Thanks Cibola, (y)

Phibes seeks to avenge the “murder” of his beloved wife...the revenge is truly astonishing: each of the nine people responsible for the death of Mrs. Phibes is to suffer a fate derived from the ten plagues that God visited upon the Egyptians...

Yiikees!!! :yikes

I seem to have met my match. I think I'll apologize(for the 2nd time) to this lad and then make sure I reside on the opposite hemisphere from him.

But seriously... whatever happened to punctuation? When did the use of capitol letters and spaces become a crime? Don't tell me: At the same time guitar solos and musical compositional skills were outlawed??? ;)

@Cibola: You have a very cool avatar. (y)

My good man, I've been accused of many things around here and around the world. trolling has never been one of them.
Did you read my reply to you above? Perhaps you are unaware of who I am, and that may help you understand me better around here:

I am Dennis Moore(my name reads DennisMooore Jr. because there was an unfortunate moderator "incident" some time ago. I think it had to do with the over-consumption of certain libations...) Please view this at your leisure:

[video=youtube;kp-R1o753pM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-R1o753pM[/video]

Your moniker has me puzzled. Shall I address you as "Dr." and what is a "phibes" :mad:@:

Also you confused me, I'm talking about Universal Music's brand new release campaign for hifi & multi-channel music. If like you said; Talking Heads were released long ago but are out of print, you'd benefit from Universal releasing their music. In addition if the music is out of print, than it is virtually unavailable, so on both counts my prior hopes for you to get your music in 5.1 stand as I was quite sincere. The search for music in 5.1 can be a long journey. I bought ELP-BSS in 5.1 DVD-audio before I even had a player and it took me eight years to hear the darn thing! I am eagerly awaiting the 2nd release of ELP - BSS in 5.1 and I will buy it as soon as FredBlu does, which is saying something!

And, I had no idea Talking Heads had been released already. If it isn't progressive music or Elton John or The WHO, I'm pretty much no good around here. :(

Anyway, that's my sad, sorted story.

Cheers!

DennisMoore

Silly Meter.jpg

Redistribution...You gonna break the meter someday!

I promise that DennisMoore Jr. shall never feel the deathly grip of vengeance from my hand, if only because I'm laughing too hard.

I know the Python skit well, but neglected to remember the name.

As an apology, I will send lupins.

Ok, after getting PMs from dozens of moderators(many from other boards actually:rolleyes:) i've decided to do something to really annoy people, yep, I decided to post on topic. (I promise I won't do this very often.;)) Begin serious part of post:

Using nothing but pure logic, I think we will see the next SW YES mix sooner rather than later. Why? Well I consider a few facts:

1. SW recent post from his official account that he will do the next YES hopefully by the end of the year.

2. SW has become so in-demand for 5.1 processing, not just artists, but every customer must be asking him "When will you mix band so & so...?" so a smart man will reply a bit on the conservative side. Exactly like when Scotty told Capt. Kirk how long it would take to fix the engines. They always got fixed must faster than was forecast, yes?

3. A sincere & honest & Lad here(forgive me, I can't recall who...) correctly predicted SW was doing Power & The Glory only for us to get a quick denial by SW. Well SW denied that for the reason I just mentioned. To keep the wolves at bay, basically. And in fact we are getting a SW P&G this June! :banana:

So putting this all together. I will predict that we will get the next YES SW mix around the first week in September. (y) Steven Wilson has a special place for YES and I think he is really motivated since he has done two already. His last recording was so influenced by Crimson(after he remixed many KC discs - what a shocker). So.. I think Steven is really diggin the YES vibe now and we'll get a nice YES surprise in 3 or 4 months. I would also bet that he is doing the next YES recording of his choosing.

yes logo painting.jpg

Yes_concert.jpg

Back