Supertramp Live In Paris '79 - Blu Ray August 29th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always liked this band. unlike other big acts of their time, their albums were recorded pretty good
in regards of fidelity of the sound and mixing technique.
couldn't expect too much for 5.1 from live recording but if this BD will include HiRez surround, i'm
obviously in.
i wish they will consider to remix into surround their back catalogue. their multilayered musical
arrangements and use of vocal's parties are meant to be heard in surround.

i wish they will consider to remix into surround their back catalogue. their multilayered musical
arrangements and use of vocal's parties are meant to be heard in surround.
I can easily imagine Even in the Quietest Moments being one of my favourite surround discs. Blu-ray? Steven Wilson? Sweet dreams are made of this.

Great news. Hoping for a discrete mix. I never knew this was filmed. Crime, Crisis, Quietest, and Breakfast would all make outstanding 5.1s. The upmix for Breakfast is pretty enjoyable now.

At last..seems like we've been waiting 5 years since this was first mooted.

However, the track listing seems a little odd...surely the last few tracks should be before 'Crime of the Century'? Or are they extras??

R E Faust

Attachments

• Supertramp.jpg
    Supertramp.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 439
At last..seems like we've been waiting 5 years since this was first mooted.

However, the track listing seems a little odd...surely the last few tracks should be before 'Crime of the Century'? Or are they extras??

R E Faust

I saw on another website, (sorry - I am not sure where, I was looking at this very late last night) - that the film footage was lost for this, the audio will be present with film montage for the five tracks after Crime of the Century. (oh, how I hope this is not just audience in the rears - From Now On in 5.1....mmmmm.....)

http://www.evo88.com/en/music?page=shop.product_details&product_id=592&category_id=43

here's link to same release but with a bit detailed description.
there are stated 5.1 DTS-HD MA and LPCM 2.0 but not mentioned is it 96 or 48KHz
also explains weirdness of tracklist:
Five tracks for which the original footage has been lost are presented with newly created montage visuals: 1) Ain’t Nobody But Me 2) You Started Laughing (When I Held You In My Arms) 3) A Soapbox Opera 4) From Now On 5) Downstream

I got an email fro Eagle Rock. It will not be available in the US. They recommended ordering from amazon uk and it should play in the US. Goofy.

My guess is that Supertramp isn't selling well in the US these days. The 2 disc deluxe Breakfast in America wasn't pressed here either. Too bad, 'cause it's a great band.

Have your cry, no I should say WAIL!!

I got an email fro Eagle Rock. It will not be available in the US. They recommended ordering from amazon uk and it should play in the US. Goofy.

Back