Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx, that's interesting. not much info. is this real full DVD-Audio or misconcepted description?
seems it's a WalMart exclusive so must pay visit to nearest one to find out the truth.

Last edited:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lynyrd-skynyrd-southern-surroundings/ ...
The DVD-Audio/Video disc showcases – in 96kHz/24-bit uncompressed and 48kHz/24-bit Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound — ”Saturday Night Special,” “Gimme Three Steps,” “Swamp Music,” “Gimme Back My Bullets,” “The Ballad Of Curtis Loew,” “You Got That Right,” “That Smell,” “All I Can Do Is Write About It,” “Simple Man” and “Free Bird” (the complete, 10+ minute extended version).

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

How did this get out there without anyone knowing it? Not the biggest Skynard fan, but I know the hits and will be at WalMart tomorrow to bag one of these.

Holy Crap? DVD-A? HiRez? No one knew? WTF?

I wonder if they'll have them at Sams Club as well?

The DVD-Audio/Video disc showcases – in 96kHz/24-bit uncompressed and 48kHz/24-bit Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound — ”Saturday Night Special,” “Gimme Three Steps,” “Swamp Music,” “Gimme Back My Bullets,” “The Ballad Of Curtis Loew,” “You Got That Right,” “That Smell,” “All I Can Do Is Write About It,” “Simple Man” and “Free Bird” (the complete, 10+ minute extended version).

I hoped it was DVD-A, but even a DTS by ES makes my day. I gladly preordered online for the whopping $14.77 with shipping. Unreal. Great find Dr. Simple

Maybe this will lead to a new series by Walmart, ES, and surround greatest hits!!! If only Layla couldbe this easy.

NOTE: If this is real, we should work something out for our outoftheusa members if they can't get it directly.

If it can't be ordered from Europe or Australia, we figure out a way to get it to those interested. Somehow. Let's see if it's real first.

GOOD JOB Dr Simple for finding this!!

Thanks for thinking about us here in Oz, Jon. I for one would love to avail myself of any group initiative.

Cheers,

Great find thanks!

I wonder if this was mixed years ago and only got a release now, or is a recent mix?

At any rate, great band and songs.

'No "Sweet Home Alambama" in 5.1 :( I hope Neil Young will remember....

Frankly, I'm a little bummed that it doesn't include "What's Your Name?"

I must admit, I got burned out on Lynyrd Skynyrd years ago, but 5.1 (especially Scheiner 5.1) has a way of making things new again.

Frankly, I'm a little bummed that it doesn't include "What's Your Name?"

I must admit, I got burned out on Lynyrd Skynyrd years ago, but 5.1 (especially Scheiner 5.1) has a way of making things new again.

This is exactly why I think modern 5.1 (or even remixed to 4.0 or 4.1) should be marketed as "Visiting an old friend and having new stories to tell." You know the music, you know the words, but adding the dimension of depth or even adding some playful panning to an item hither and yon can make the same old/same old seem new again. This is what got me into Quad in the first place! It could be a very easy way of selling "old" albums as "new".

Back