Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Craig Anderson and his company were the authoring team behind the Chicago Quadio Blu-Ray set.
There's other recent releases he and his team have also been involved with, like the 5 RUSH surround sound releases (authoring both the DVD-A and Blu-Ray discs) and the "Moondance" Blu-Ray from Van Morrison.

I also cannot see whether he and his team authored the "Tusk" DVD for Fleetwood Mac, but any decision on DVD-A/V vs DVD-V was likely made by someone working on the release within the record company that has no clue about the full compatibility that DVD-A/V offers.
Either that or Craigman Digital have given up the ability to author DVD-A/V, seeing as how the last DVD-A/V release they were involved with dates back to 2012 (unless there was a release they authored in the interim that I do not know about.)

(For the record, I also sent Craig a message many months back around the time of the "Quadio" release and have yet to hear from him…
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Blu-ray-Audio&p=300445&viewfull=1#post300445)

Well, DVD audio did get one last push. Remember Lynyrd Skynyrd's Southern Surroundings. It was released in every Wallmart store. Where did that experiment go. Nowhere. Face it, we are indeed a niche bunch. That's fine. I got over it during the quad days. Nothing has changed. We are still getting surround sound and we always will, just not the volume we all would wish for.

Well, DVD audio did get one last push. Remember Lynyrd Skynyrd's Southern Surroundings. It was released in every Wallmart store. Where did that experiment go. Nowhere. Face it, we are indeed a niche bunch. That's fine. I got over it during the quad days. Nothing has changed. We are still getting surround sound and we always will, just not the volume we all would wish for.

I will tell you that I had to go through a lot of trouble to get this disc. I ordered it online, in store delivery, and had to wait an eternity. While waiting, I walked through the entire music section and did not see it anywhere on the shelf.

No one would have discovered this title while casually browsing the store.

While I agree that "we" didn't buy enough, and the cracking of DVD encryption and the ensuing delay was a big deal, it's also true that even when I tried to find these titles, I often couldn't.

I also collect coins, and the repeated failure of the dollar coin has a similar theme. People who wanted them had trouble getting them, the general public didn't care, and the competing "formats" (e.g. Dollar bills still being printed) sowed confusion.

Back