Lynyrd Skynyrd Hits Package with Elliott Scheiner 5.1 Mix on DVDA!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since no one seems to be taking notice of my post in the "OUT OF USA Members" thread (maybe I'm just impatient), I've got a couple copies up for grabs.

Hopefully anyone from Richland or Ashland counties in Ohio got theirs before I decided to make them unavailable here. :D

Since no one seems to be taking notice of my post in the "OUT OF USA Members" thread (maybe I'm just impatient), I've got a couple copies up for grabs.

Hopefully anyone from Richland or Ashland counties in Ohio got theirs before I decided to make them unavailable here. :D

Might want to wait until at least tomorrow for inquiries. I know a lot of QQ members from Europe for instance, do not log-in until real early in the morning U.S. time. I'm up at 3:00 AM PST sometimes, and that's when I see members online from that part of Earth. At any rate, no worries. At some point, this will sell-out and folks will still want this.

Again, as of now, still for sale online:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21289895

I'll definitely give the Out-of-USA members first dibbs, OQG!

Might want to wait until at least tomorrow for inquiries. I know a lot of QQ members from Europe for instance, do not log-in until real early in the morning U.S. time. I'm up at 3:00 AM PST sometimes, and that's when I see members online from that part of Earth. At any rate, no worries. At some point, this will sell-out and folks will still want this.

Again, as of now, still for sale online:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21289895

Just purchased online/Walmart/9:45AM EST.
pickup scheduled for August 29th-September 3rd

I went to the Martinez, CA Walmart today. Never been in a Walmart before. What a freaking depressing store full of overpriced crap. So drab it makes Kmart or Target look Chic. First noticed a long line next to the front door with folks returning a load of stuff. Why even shop there then?

Can't imagine anyone buying music (or anything) in such a place. I had to walk a LONG way just to enter the box, and then wondered around, trying to find my way. The store aisles and selves were jammed haphazardly with one item that didn't make sense with the other. The store is dirty. Just to find the so called "music" section waaayyy in the back of the store was an ordeal. Folks lost, running into each other with their carts in the cramped space. Finally, found what consisted of less than 6' of small CD space on one side and on the other. Pitiful section. Depressing. No wonder folks do not buy music like they used to.

Saw a few music videos (DVD-V) titles in "DVD-Audio" style packaging, like Santana mixed in. Sort of like the record companies were saying, "See what we could give you, and used to? But we're jerks and will not." Anyway, I soldiered on and checked in the "L" section and did not find any. Really, really looked at everything, what was there. Went back to the "L" section again and dug deep. Found some. So they are there. Keep trying. But a very unpleasant experience. Oh yes, just try to leave the place with their very long, slow motion check-out lines.

I do like the packaging of this title, price and that one gets 3 discs of High Quality. If the record companies would be consistent with low price, packaging, quality and "where to buy" we would all be good. Even if it meant going back to that awful, horrid place.

Other than that, my day went well. :eek:
Walmart is like any other big store. Some are horribly set up and maintained, some are clean and fairly decent. Where I live Walmart coming in was a catch 22: a lot of smaller stores went under but the better ones adapted and survived. Same with Lowes: the hardware stores with their crappy "we don't care" customer no-service had to really clean up their act once they weren't the only game in town or go under completely.
But as for buying music from the actual physical store, I haven't done that in years. My wife gets my creme filled chocolate covered long johns from Walmart for my weekly sugar fix though. (y)

Someone on Amazon selling these as cut-outs already.

" 186. Factory sealed. Remainder. Cut or hole punched. Ships 1st class. "

That is frigging insane. I have only just now seen the first pair arrive in my local Wal-Mart.

you never know, the description could be erroneous.

I've learned the hard way to take item descriptions from marketplace sellers with a pinch of salt!

between what sellers sometimes say in their listings that's wrong and what they fail to mention altogether, it can be a bit of a minefield!

"caveat emptor"..! :D

I was trying to convert this to FLAC but there is nothing in AUDIO_TS. I did find a 24/48 stereo version in the video folder. That's all. May as well not bother with it.

I was trying to convert this to FLAC but there is nothing in AUDIO_TS. I did find a 24/48 stereo version in the video folder. That's all. May as well not bother with it.

Are you sure you're viewing the folder contents of the right DVD? The DVDA definitely has content in the AUDIO_TS folder (as it should)
The DVDV disc in the set on the other hand (from the Old Grey Whistle Test) only has 24/48 stereo content in the VIDEO_TS folder (with nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder)

Same disc but different folders. Looks like you are ripping with a ripper that does not see Audio_TS folder content.

False.
The original "Southern Surroundings" release was a 3-disc set. The first a CD, the second a DVD-V disc with the Old Grey Whistle Test footage (stereo), and the third a DVD-A/V disc with the Elliot Scheiner surround remixes.

False.
The original "Southern Surroundings" release was a 3-disc set. The first a CD, the second a DVD-V disc with the Old Grey Whistle Test footage (stereo), and the third a DVD-A/V disc with the Elliot Scheiner surround remixes.

Ok, sorry I tought he was looking for DVD-A content on disc 3. I'll remember in my next reply.

Last edited:
I was just playing this DVDA which is a good mix by ES and never thought to look who authored this in 2012.
Its authored by Craig Anderson and David Dieckmann and checking net this is their website:
http://www.craigmandigital.com/

and they still list Dvd Authoring as something they can do for a client.
Start surfing the net and Craig Anderson's name comes up quite a few places including even in a debate with James Guthrie over Dvd Audio vs Sacd so he knows his stuff.
It appears that craigmandigital is quite involved with WEA in many different projects so this makes me think why then did WEA go on the cheap and not put Fleetwood Mac Tusk on DvD Audio?
I forgot to check, will check when I get home but who authored FM Tusk or does it not say?

Has anyone dealt with or spoken to Craig Anderson about Dvd Audio?
Not sure if he will reply but did send a message through the contact section on his website to let Craig know about QQ forum.

I was just playing this DVDA which is a good mix by ES and never thought to look who authored this in 2012.
Its authored by Craig Anderson and David Dieckmann and checking net this is their website:
http://www.craigmandigital.com/

and they still list Dvd Authoring as something they can do for a client.
Start surfing the net and Craig Anderson's name comes up quite a few places including even in a debate with James Guthrie over Dvd Audio vs Sacd so he knows his stuff.
It appears that craigmandigital is quite involved with WEA in many different projects so this makes me think why then did WEA go on the cheap and not put Fleetwood Mac Tusk on DvD Audio?
I forgot to check, will check when I get home but who authored FM Tusk or does it not say?

Has anyone dealt with or spoken to Craig Anderson about Dvd Audio?
Not sure if he will reply but did send a message through the contact section on his website to let Craig know about QQ forum.

Good sleuthing! :)
Craig Anderson did the recent Chicago Quadio set iirc..?

Back