LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK more important question..........is that the reflection of a tiffany style lamp on the left side of the tv?? From what Snood see it looks like a floor style??

Also.........where is the thumb shot!!!???

Yes it is... Nice pick-up!
image.jpg

A girlfriend of mine is moving. She had given me a Sansui QRX-5500 of her late Dad's a couple years ago. He also had a QRX-7500A, which she gave me yesterday. Built-in CD-4 demogitator!!!

Sansui  QRX-7500A.jpg

He also had an EICO RP-100 reel from '62. It's built like a tank! I remember Eico, does anyone else? I don't know if this was bought factory assembled, or as a kit.

vinEicoRP100a.jpg

Pg04.jpg

il_570xN.545815311_2gct.jpg

A photo of an earlier incarnation of the same machine:
12117031393_d83434390d_b.jpg

Photos on more gear inherited yesterday will be posted later.

Eico, Eico all day. Jockomo fina ah nah nay, Jockomo fina nay. WAIT! I think that's a different Iko...

A girlfriend of mine is moving. She had given me a Sansui QRX-5500 of his a couple years ago. He also had a QRX-7500a, which she gave me yesterday. Built-in CD-4 demogitator!!!

View attachment 22284

He also had an EICO RP-100 reel from '62. It's built like a tank! I remember Eico, does anyone else? I don't know if this was bought factory assembled, or as a kit.

View attachment 22285

View attachment 22286

View attachment 22287

A photo of an earlier incarnation of the same machine:
View attachment 22288

Photos on more gear inherited yesterday will be posted later.

DROOL.

During the weekend I have added my stereo pre amp and power amp back into the set up. The dedicated analog out from to Oppo to the cd in of the PR300 and from the PR to the AM200. Also FL/FL to my multichannel pre amp and fom there to the by pass on the PR300.

This is a good set up for stereo and multichannel listening. Best of both worlds :) I might even give it a try to skip the by pass connections, as both the PR300 and PR5.1 respond to the same volume commands on the universal remote control. This way I can alter the volume on both at once. Just need to check of the level is the same on both pre amps.

During the weekend I have added my stereo pre amp and power amp back into the set up. The dedicated analog out from to Oppo to the cd in of the PR300 and from the PR to the AM200. Also FL/FL to my multichannel pre amp and fom there to the by pass on the PR300.

This is a good set up for stereo and multichannel listening. Best of both worlds :) I might even give it a try to skip the by pass connections, as both the PR300 and PR5.1 respond to the same volume commands on the universal remote control. This way I can alter the volume on both at once. Just need to check of the level is the same on both pre amps.
Decisions, decisions...LOL! What a great hobby, eh? So many opportunities to while away the time...and feel justified doing it.:) May your system bring you everlasting joy!

I don't even need to see pics to drool over your equipment! :p Just reading about it, those model numbers get me going! I mean, PR300.. woo.. AM200.. dribble.. :p ..but best of all PR 5.1 ... :yikes ..I mean, man, who needs a super model when you've got Hi-Fi model numbers! :ugham:

...both the PR300 and PR5.1 respond to the same volume commands on the universal remote control. This way I can alter the volume on both at once. Just need to check of the level is the same on both pre amps.

Hey, I do that too! I converted my setup to full-active awhile back, taking HDMI audio from the HTPC into a splitter, then into 2 miniDSP units that do active crossover and EQ, then into 2 Yamaha AV receivers that basically just do D/A conversion and master volume control for the 12 channels of audio (5 tweets, 5 woofs, 2 subs). The receivers are preamp-out connected to a pair of Outlaw Audio 7075 7-channel power amps.

Since the 2 Yamaha AVRs are almost identical (basically 5.1 & 7.1 versions of the same model), I just point the remote at both of them. They do get out of sync occasionally, especially if I hold the volume buttons down. This requires me to get off my ass and turn one of the volume knobs by 0.5 dB or whatever to put everything back in balance. To minimize this, I've gotten into the habit of doing single button presses to adjust volume. A bit tedious for large changes, but not a huge deal. The little Yamahas actually sound really good once you bypass the wimpy little built-in power amp stages. :)

-- Jim

I just bought a pair of B&W 804 Diamonds to become my new rears in my 5.2 to 7.2 expansion. My existing Focal rears are high and more to the side than true rears.

The 804Ds should increase the low end at the back of the room as my Focals are 'small' rated to only 80Hz. The 804Ds will be a good match for my 802Ds up front!

My fairly new Denon X7200WA gets its DTS:X update tomorrow so should be right to go. I'm particularly interested in the DTS Neural:X feature which upmixes stereo to 7.1 and can upmix 5.1 to 7.1.

I will post pics once all set up.

I just bought a pair of B&W 804 Diamonds to become my new rears in my 5.2 to 7.2 expansion. My existing Focal rears are high and more to the side than true rears.

The 804Ds should increase the low end at the back of the room as my Focals are 'small' rated to only 80Hz. The 804Ds will be a good match for my 802Ds up front!

My fairly new Denon X7200WA gets its DTS:X update tomorrow so should be right to go. I'm particularly interested in the DTS Neural:X feature which upmixes stereo to 7.1 and can upmix 5.1 to 7.1.

I will post pics once all set up.

Sounds like fun Garry..... rock on my man!

My new 804Ds arrived 3 days early, trucked 1000km overnight from Sydney.

Unpacked but I don't have my new cables run... I'll spend this evening wondering why, and listening to silence coming from their direction!

It's taken a while to all get this. I'm very happy with the Oppo, now I'll need to upgrade my other speakers.

The Oppo packaging is amazing! Before you actually use the player your amazed with the packaging!

Next on order is a Epson Highres projector.

It's taken a while to all get this. I'm very happy with the Oppo, now I'll need to upgrade my other speakers.

The Oppo packaging is amazing! Before you actually use the player your amazed with the packaging!

Next on order is a Epson Highres projector.

Oh hell yes! The Oppo packaging is excellent....such care. I still have the original packaging from my Oppo 83 or whatever it was called... :)

Back