LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest acquisition is a Lafayette SQ-M decoder. I assume that the M in SQ-M stands for Matrix? How does this decoder stack up with the other Lafayette decoders (SQ-L and SQ-W), I think that it is probably on the bottom of the list. I did not know that this model existed until it popped up on e-bay.

Like a Sony SQD1000. That was my first decoder. I think I traded it in on the SQD2020. Too long ago to remember for sure.

And as for that Sony Betamax (post #51) I bought off ebay. Well, guess what. It's a useless as the DVD/SACD player I bought off ebay a few mos. ago. That one went right into the garbage can. The Betamax I will need to return due to the cost.

After getting a refund for the defective betamax I bought a couple of weeks ago I bought two more of the dumb things off ebay this weekend. Hmmm. There was this song by Napoleon XIV that comes to mind.

Another Betamax ebay purchase showed up today. I think I'll call it Bummermax. I give up. Not buying any more of these.

This one will play BI tapes, at least the ones I tried but won't play any BII tapes. For some unknown reason the picture quality isn't all that good either. I did use a cleaning tape in it so it's probably not dirty heads. Worn ones perhaps.

Just got a Proton SD-1000, haven't given it a full tryout at home yet, but I had a short session with it at work and it was good.

Just got my:

1 Monitor Audio Bronze BX Centre
4 Monitor Audio Bronze BX-6 Columns
1 Monitor Audio Bronze BXW-10 Subwoofer

Oh my god it looks big in my room... maybe it was too much... now I have to wait for my new receiver to arrive. Yamaha RX 1010 and Surround Master and im set

I upgraded my Center speaker to be the same make/model (Paradigm Studio 60 v2) as my Front Left and Right. I knew that this was going to be a good thing to do but I never could have imagined just how much difference it would make. This was one of those improvements that took my system to a whole new level. I had thought about doing this for quite some time but I could never find any used v2 Studio 60s. I'd pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I never would find any or if I did they would be too far away for me to pick them up. Having them shipped did not seem practical. Not sure why but a couple of weeks ago I checked Canuck Audio Mart and saw that a guy in Calgary had just listed a pair. That's 2 hours away from where I live but still close enough.

My Sony BDP 350 died as I was just getting ready to check out one of my Xmas presents, "The Qatsi Trilogy." Tomorrow the UPS man brings my new Oppo BDP 103. I'm hedging my bets that my Pioneer 563A will soon meet the same fate - so that will now go into storage for a rainy day. It will be nice to condense my hardware and wiring array. I'm hoping the streaming capabilities of the 103 will also make my DLink 520 obsolete - but I'm not pulling the cord on that one just yet.

I don't know if this qualifies for new gear but, my new Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster arrives on Sat! Mrs. Claus really spoiled me this year - I'm a lucky guy!

Oh my god it looks big in my room... maybe it was too much...

i wondering what would you say if you get enough of luck to obtain 2 pair of Mirage M1 with their 60" of tall and 180+lbs/each of weight :)

miragem1.1.jpg

i believe, at least one of our member has pair. i never had luck to see those for sale at the reachable distance.

I upgraded my Center speaker to be the same make/model (Paradigm Studio 60 v2) as my Front Left and Right. I knew that this was going to be a good thing to do but I never could have imagined just how much difference it would make. This was one of those improvements that took my system to a whole new level.

yep, it's always good to have all speakers in set matching. even better to have all exactly same,
albeit center in this case won't be too aesthetically looks :)
now you can understand my frustration to be not able to find second pair, similar to Warfedales
i use in front. what i just said, find? since 90th, having internet, i wasn't been able to find even
their specs. sheet

Good afternoon all and my first post!

Recently upgraded my Oppo 83 Universal player with its n younger sibblimg, the Oppo 105.

Currently connected to my Onkyo processor via HDMI but will get the gear out soon.

Happy new year all ;-)

Adrian

I have had one of those Zektor 5.1 switching units for several years though been redundant since may when i upgraded my processor. might need to get it out again though.

I see death of that horse on the table with the voolume maxed out...

amazing, well my room is a bit smaller and four colums look pretty big for the room... poor neighbours

:banana:

A while back I recienved my Involve Surround Master and on Friday my new Yamaha RX-A1010 receiver

SM-product_1024x1024.jpg 9498d1314299130-yamaha-rx-a1010-v-receiver-give-away-yharxa1010.jpg

I have to tell you, since I got the Surround Master, the only thing Im listening to is Stereo CDs converted tu Quad... Its like they made all my favourite albums again. You cant imagine how many "new" details come form those recordings. Its just incredible! (since I got it I havent listened to any of my DVDAs, SACDs or Blu Rays)

I read that one of the forumites has a bass unit that's started to 'flap' at normal listening volumes after 15 years and he's thinking of replacing it. I can't find the entry to respond directly so I'm hoping he or she will read this.

I had a similar experience some years ago with my Wharfedale 12inch woofers in a home built cabinet. I assumed they were gonners and gave them to my brother-in-law and then I went and bought some expensive replacements.

My bro-in-law put the Wharfedales into his own cabinets and they were perfect. It seems that, over the years, the connections between my amp and the wharfedale speakers had slowly gone hi-resistance and this allowed them to flap. By replacing them I had inadvertantly tightened up all the connections and brought resistance back to normal.

It was too late for me to revert so I let him keep the speakers and wrote it off to experience.

So I suggest that, before consigning your sub-woofer to the scrap heap, first check all the connections between amp and cabinet, and then INSIDE the cabinet. Could save you some heartache and dough.

Five matching Totem Mites with consecutive serial numbers fresh from the Totem factory in Montreal QC.

They are still a bit tight (Totem recommends 80 - 100 hours for break in), but they sound great.

It's like hearing my collection for the first time.

Attachments

• mites.jpg
    mites.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 240
Five matching Totem Mites with consecutive serial numbers fresh from the Totem factory in Montreal QC.

They are still a bit tight (Totem recommends 80 - 100 hours for break in), but they sound great.

It's like hearing my collection for the first time.

Fliper:

VERY nice!!! How did you manage to score the consecutive serial numbers?

Justin

Fliper:

VERY nice!!! How did you manage the consecutive serial numbers?

Justin

Thanks. The dealer told me thats how Totem thinks. They like the finishes and components to be identical when they sell a set of 2. 4 or even 5.

I opted to having a matching centre instead of the 'centre' speaker for the line. It has paid off. Even the sales guys at the dealer thought it was a great idea.

Superior build quality with these speakers.

I am very pleased with them.

Back