Mercedes-Benz Signature Sound DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isn't it "ironic" (like raaaaiiiin on your wedding day) this can have time, effort and money lavished on it, only to be released in the name of a freebie for a flash set of wheels..

yet there's absolutely zero chance of a compilation like this being produced with a view to being a retail product, let alone it ultimately being for sale - in a store - where folks can buy the damned thing..!!

heaven forbid.. its no wonder the record industry is in such a state.

isn't it ironic...

More like moronic...(seems to be the industry norm mow). Reminds me of the great monster music 5.1 mix of Miles' Sketches of Spain, which if I heard the story right, was only given out when you purchased a high end set of headphones (you know, 2 channel music.). Kind of like a motorcycle dealer dealer giving out a ski rack with each purchase.

Well, I went down to my Mercedes Benz dealer to buy a part for my Mercedes. I thought, while I'm here, I'll see if I can run down a copy of this disc. So, I pulled out my droid, and pulled up the website and this thread, and got the disc number. They weren't able to sell me a disc, because they didn't have any that didn't come with a car. Apparently, it's packaged in the car with the owner's manual. However, after asking around, they gave me a number for Mercedes service, and I called the number and explained what I was trying to do. I told the lady, who was very nice to me, about the Quadraphonic Quad website, and she pulled it up on her computer as we talked. She even asked directions to the thread about the disc and I told her. I also told her that most of the folks on this website would love a chance to buy the disc if it involves a lower price and doesn't come with a car. I billed it as a money making opportunity for Mercedes. She said she would check around and call me back. So far I haven't heard back, but this occurred just yesterday. Cross your fingers quaddie folks, and hope that this effort does bear fruit. If it doesn't, maybe an Email to Stuttgart would accomplish the mission.

The Quadfather

Thank you Quadfather,

I didn't have quite as good of results, perhaps not being a Mercedes owner, in Santa Barbara. Still desperately seeking Owner of a Lonely Heart and Shout in surround though...

Let's hope for the best!

Guess it's all about timing on eBay.

I think posting the link here is what pushed the price up. It had 0 bids and 8 people had looked at it before the link was posted. The first 6 hours after the link was posted here, 4 bids came in, the price went to $60 and 47 people had looked at the auction.

I think posting the link here is what pushed the price up. It had 0 bids and 8 people had looked at it before the link was posted. The first 6 hours after the link was posted here, 4 bids came in, the price went to $60 and 47 people had looked at the auction.

that's the power of QuadraphonicQuad!

I recently posted on here about a new sealed "Kinobe" SACD coming up on Amazon UK for only £18 (regularly goes for at least double that, if not more, now when sealed)... it was gone within minutes!

Back