Mercedes-Benz Signature Sound DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think posting the link here is what pushed the price up. It had 0 bids and 8 people had looked at it before the link was posted. The first 6 hours after the link was posted here, 4 bids came in, the price went to $60 and 47 people had looked at the auction.
This is good and bad. Good because we find out about unusual items. Bad because so do the lurkers. It's great if the seller is a QQ member though.
Phil

Well, I finally got that call from Mercedes Benz, They won't sell. You gotta buy the car.
The Quadfather

There needs to be some other way to get these mixes. I mean, I have paid high sums for some DVD-As and SACDs before, but this is a bit much, for even the greatest of surround enthusiasts.

Same here. I'm despairing. Really, I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could, but I can't. I wish somebody decided to somehow make this surface on certain sites out there. Hint, hint.

Same here. I'm despairing. Really, I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could, but I can't. I wish somebody decided to somehow make this surface on certain sites out there. Hint, hint.

ditto! with a pretty heavy heart I've decided to give up looking for this one (for now) while I concentrate on hoovering up as many OOP SACDs & DVDAs as I can lay my hot little hands on..!! :eek:

I've listened to it twice and I'm underwhelmed for the most part. Seal and Creedence aren't surround mixes. Many of the other tracks sound like they're not a full remix, but "surround lite" with percussion in the rear. Nothing has a very aggressive surround mix, except maybe the Doobies. If you're hung up on one or more artists on this, I'd say get it. If not, I'd say forget it.

I'm looking forward to hearing Quad Linda's thoughts on this dvd :)

I've listened to it twice and I'm underwhelmed for the most part. Seal and Creedence aren't surround mixes. Many of the other tracks sound like they're not a full remix, but "surround lite" with percussion in the rear. Nothing has a very aggressive surround mix, except maybe the Doobies. If you're hung up on one or more artists on this, I'd say get it. If not, I'd say forget it.

so when are you selling your copy:eek:

I agree generally with Linda about the disc. I don't think this reaches great heights in the annals of 5.1 recordings. It is definitely interesting. I did enjoy the Lady Gaga, Sheryl Crow and Fine Young Cannibals the most, something about Owner of a Lonely Heart wasn't quite right, it could have been better, the rest I either have on other recordings or wouldn't have bothered too much. I would have given it 7 overall. I was lent a copy by the local MB dealer while they made enquiries if they could get an extra copy, unfortunately they couldn't (? Licensing arrangements) and I had to give it back after a week. I played it a lot that week but don't actually miss it, I certainly wouldn't pay crazy $ for it, the car it comes with I may pay crazy $ for that but I wouldn't live long enough to enjoy the experience when the financial controller found out ;)

Since it's just dts, why not just put it out on a CD. I'd sure like to have that Lady Gaga track. The others I wouldn't care about.

Back