HiRez Poll Katatonia - DEAD END KINGS [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Katatonia - DEAD END KINGS

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Thanks LizardKing! I knew I wasn't crazy! I'll write to Burning Shed as well! What a crap QC job Peaceville did on this!

I checked my disc and it has the same problem. Hopefully Lisa who is a member here can comment on this as she was very supportive regarding the issue with the Anathema disc.

You know... I tried ripping the hi-res stereo mix (using audiomuxer) when I first got the disk, and I noticed it didn't sound right. I just thought I was ripping it wrong, because I don't do that a lot. It never occurred to me that it was an authoring problem, and I never listened to the stereo mix on my main system.

Interesting... I ripped what I thought was the hi-res stereo portion using DVDAExplorer, but maybe I really ripped a stereo downmix of the 5.1 version?? There are vocals, and the guitar solo on track 9 "Lethean" pans L and R, which leads me to believe that it's a downmix of the 5.1 version.

Well, still no reply from Burning Shed. I guess they're more concerned with the Thick as a Brick fiasco!...or they are waiting for Peaceville to come up with some explanation.
Anyway, who are Neil and Lisa that are mentionned here? Posters with insight, or industry people that can get answers, or follow up on posts like this?
I'm really sad about this dvd-a. I was reading the comments on the TAAB thread and thought as bad as it may sound, it's nothing compared to this! I mean, they put the wrong mix on the dvd! The whole track is worthless! I can't believe nothing is getting done about the situation.

As you and others have contacted BS about this issue I'm pretty sure they will react in a proper manner soon.

Lisa works for Burning Shed (her member name is Lisa Burning Shed) and posted on here to address the issue with the Anathema Weather Stations DVD.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ition-CD-DVDA)&p=147997&viewfull=1#post147997

She was very helpful and I'm fairly confident this issue with Katatonia will also be addressed. Neil is Neil Wilkes who again is a very helpful and respected member here who works on authoring and production for Opus productions. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Thanks! I've written to Peaceville as well and didn't get an answer. I'll wait and see.

Hi all,

Sorry - snowed under with Octane Twisted lately so pretty much everything (including me finding time to answer emails properly) is delayed at the moment ;~(

If you bought Dead End Kings from us and haven't already emailed about it please drop me a line to [email protected]

I have a few re-mastered discs on my desk and will send out requests as soon as I get a few minutes.

I don't know about any other retailers but we're still waiting to hear back from EMI about what they intend to do regarding that 5.1 disc. It'll get sorted - everything does!

Oh btw - if anyone ever has any issues with anything they've bought through Burning Shed please do email for a (usually) fast response. Really sorry for not replying on this sooner but there are times when it's 16 hour days and all hands on deck!

Thanks,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa! There's already re-mastered discs available? Wow! so Peaceville knew about it! Weird that they haven't recalled the faulty ones from the retailers.

So I'll wait for mine :) Thanks for the great customer service!

Hi,

All I know is that we had TWO emails just after release from people who were finding it difficult to play one part of the original DVD-A so a handful of re-mastered discs were sent through so that we could send them on.

That's all I'm afraid!

Thanks,

Lisa

The release date was 27th August - and we sold A LOT of these (deluxe and Swedish editions).

I had two emails about the sound on the DVD-A in early September and then nothing at all until, as above, 15th November when someone mentioned it on this thread.

Just to clarify - I do all the customer service stuff here. We're not Amazon or whatever and we don't have computerised responses to queries or pass things around for someone else to deal with. Everyone here has their own position and it all works pretty well. When we're exceptionally busy and I have weekend plans too I can't always answer everything right away, sorry. Just like sometimes it'll take two days for your order to be packed rather than one when the packing people are snowed under.

Sorry!

I have 6 emails now so far from people who have got in touch about the remastered disc and they'll all be sent out just as soon as I get half an hour to arrange it all - hopefully later this week.

Thanks,

Lisa

The release date was 27th August - and we sold A LOT of these (deluxe and Swedish editions).

I had two emails about the sound on the DVD-A in early September and then nothing at all until, as above, 15th November when someone mentioned it on this thread.

Just to clarify - I do all the customer service stuff here. We're not Amazon or whatever and we don't have computerised responses to queries or pass things around for someone else to deal with. Everyone here has their own position and it all works pretty well. When we're exceptionally busy and I have weekend plans too I can't always answer everything right away, sorry. Just like sometimes it'll take two days for your order to be packed rather than one when the packing people are snowed under.

Sorry!

I have 6 emails now so far from people who have got in touch about the remastered disc and they'll all be sent out just as soon as I get half an hour to arrange it all - hopefully later this week.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa, no need to apologize. A lot of us appreciate the great care you and the rest of the Shed team are taking in sales and after sales.

Lisa, I'm really sorry if I offended you in any way. I wasn't complaining about anything. I didn't get a reply for the email I sent to Burning Shed (on nov 15th), but it was probably my fault, since I forgot to mention the order number in the subject line. I'll write another right after, with all the details. If you do have remasters left, I'd really like to have one. If you're all out, then it wasn't meant to be!

If anyone needs to apologise here, it is me.
I *thought* I had created a proper downmix (no stereo high res was supplied) and I am very, very sad to have to admit I got it wrong somewhere down the line and I feel covered with shame over this. :mad:
So blame me, and not poor Lisa.

If anyone needs to apologise here, it is me.
I *thought* I had created a proper downmix (no stereo high res was supplied) and I am very, very sad to have to admit I got it wrong somewhere down the line and I feel covered with shame over this. :mad:
So blame me, and not poor Lisa.

Neil,
You have always done the best work out there IMHO so learn from your error and soldier on. If not for you we would have little to be happy about in the surround world of music. In our efforts for perfection we ALL fall short at some point in our lives, we are human and make mistakes. Make peace with yourself, we need you. Take care.

Reagan

Back