Robert Ferbrache's two older mixes - Uphollow and Ian Cooke (5.1 dts)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

You can remember Bob Ferbrache for 5.1 mixes of 16 Horspower, Lilium or Munly & The Lee Lewis Harlots (more info on these in this thread). I've just found out that he's done more surround mixes in the past. Both releases come as an CD+DVD-V [dts] combo and are still available for more than reasonable price via bandcamp.com - just use following links: Uphollow - Jackets for the Trip and/or Ian Cooke - The Fall I Fell.

As for the music, here's a link to some pretty accurate reviews. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I missed the Munly & The Lee Lewis Harlots one too!!!

Thanks!! Thats three more on my list to get.....

I just grabbed these two as they sounded quirky enough and different enough to be a pleasant change. Plus, if you buy the CD/DVD combo, you get a free digital download of your choice (flac, mp3, ogg) while you are waiting for the physical media to arrive

Thank you very much for the plug - and for the orders!
My name is Ian O'Dougherty and I play in and produce Uphollow and Ian Cooke. We have worked with Bob on a couple other albums, though just stereo mixes on these:
Ian Cooke's most recent album 'Fortitude' and Eolian, a progressive-rock band with a concept album.

Thank you very much for the plug - and for the orders!
My name is Ian O'Dougherty and I play in and produce Uphollow and Ian Cooke. We have worked with Bob on a couple other albums, though just stereo mixes on these:
Ian Cooke's most recent album 'Fortitude' and Eolian, a progressive-rock band with a concept album.

Welcome and your welcome if anything else is in the pipeline in 5.1 keep us informed happy to buy anything sometimes stuff sips through the net

Welcome and your welcome if anything else is in the pipeline in 5.1 keep us informed happy to buy anything sometimes stuff sips through the net

16HP, Lilium, Munly and The Lee Lewis Harlots, Uphollow 'Jackets For The Trip', Ian Cooke 'The Fall I Fell' are the officially released 5.1 mixes Ferbrache has done. There may be a Blood Axis or Wovenhand mix released but I'm not 100% sure.
If you are interested in other stereo mixes Ferbrache has done, the list is very long, but some notables: Slim Cessna's Auto Club (of course), Bobby Beausoleil, Git Some, Paper Bird, The Fluid - and the aforementioned.

My orders for both the above mentioned arrived today, listeing to the wonderfull Ian Cooke Disc as I type, its growing on me the more I listen, god knows how i am going to store it !!!
Thankfully Uphollow is in a morre user friendly Jewel case.

thanks to Popshop for sending these all the way from the US in quick time (Quicker than some people are getting for teh ELP albums going the other way) :)

Have to say glad i did the blind buy

I ordered Uphollow from Amazon marketplace... got it (even further down here) earlier in the week....

Sounds like I'll have to get the Ian Cooke disc as well...

Thanks for all of the orders. I really appreciate it. Sometimes I wonder if anyone listens to 5.1 and it's very nice to know that some do.
I'd love to hear critiques of the music and mix.
I'm also curious if any of you have checked out Ferbrache's other mixes and projects. Thoughts?

watsontr: I sent yours the day after rusinurbe's, so should be soon.

Thanks Ian for the update. Looking forward them both arriving. Quite like what I've heard of the download so I'm looking forward to hearing them in surround. As to his other mixes, I have the other three mentioned here.

I personally think the Lilium is superb. Very moody feel about it and I truly love Kal Cahoone's vocals. Just chasing up her solo material but unfortunately nothing in surround it seems. !6 Horsepower is an excellent sort of hicky, countrified, southern rock for want of a better description but even moreso and quite original. I haven't had the chance to play the Jay Munly one even though I have had it for a while. Maybe this weekend if I finish off writing a few tunes for a mate. I would have no hesitation in recommending the first two. Of course this is dependent on you liking that style of music.

I think that the presentation of the bandcamp site and the added bonus of being able to download the album whilst waiting for the real thing to arrive is brilliant. Quite colouful and cheery which I'm quite happy to see

Just ordered the Munly, Uphollow & Ian Cooke DVDs! Wow how did I miss all these?! Thanks for the info Marek (y) better I found it all late than never! The Ian Cooke is almost sold out! Only 4 copies left out of the 1,000 Limited Edition run! :yikes

Just ordered the Munly, Uphollow & Ian Cooke DVDs! Wow how did I miss all these?! Thanks for the info Marek (y) better I found it all late than never! The Ian Cooke is almost sold out! Only 4 copies left out of the 1,000 Limited Edition run! :yikes

You made me get this one too!!!

You made me get this one too!!!

Good Lord! :yikes

There were 5 copies left when I checked just over half an hour ago.. I got one straight away.. now you've got one (and then there were three..!!) and now there's only ONE copy left..!!

Such is the pulling power of QQ!!!!

:51banana

you know.. this gets me thinking (and a bit mad).. how come the "little guys" on bandcamp can make a 5.1 mix fly with a limited run of 1,000 copies.. and yet Universal can't even "do a Rhino Handmade" let alone what these guys like Ian Cooke and so on are doing and make limited runs of 5.1 music thru their online store work out..?!?

I've said it on here before.. there's a hot bed of thousands of members here (and loads of lurkers) many of us are literally starving of hunger at the lack of "new" surround music mixes (we know there's plenty of 5.1 that's all mixed and ready to go and old Quad mixes ditto).. how do we help make this happen guys?

Good Lord! :yikes

There were 5 copies left when I checked just over half an hour ago.. I got one straight away.. now you've got one (and then there were three..!!) and now there's only ONE copy left..!!

Such is the pulling power of QQ!!!!

:51banana

I just got that last one ;)

Back