RCVR: Admiral STC1501 Quadraphonic Receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Admiral STC1501 Quadraphonic Receiver

Rarity: Unknown
Average Sale Price: Unknown

I do not know much about this unit, but someone has had one on Craigslist I have been eyeballing for a while now. I figured the least I could do is immortalize an underdog department store style reciever with a built in Q8 deck.

admiral1.jpg

admiral2.jpg

admiral3.jpg

admiral4.jpg

admiral5.jpg

admiral6.jpg

admiral7.jpg

admiral8.jpg

It has Q8 and SQ capabilities. The type of SQ is uknown. Likely no logic. It appears the "scope" indicator just lets you know the position of the balance joystick.

speaker.jpg

Wow, the speakers say SQ 4 Channel on them. Great marketing gimick.

I bet those weren't sitting next to the Marantz and Sansui where you used to work.

You can bet on that. However, at that time, we had an Electrophonic Quad compact on display along with JVC, Sony, Pioneer Centrex, and Superscope in our "compact gazebo." There were a couple consoles we sold, but didn't even display in our store. Admirable was better gear than consoles or Electrophic. (sic) BTW: they were called consoles because if you bought one, you needed to be consoled.

My Mom actually worked for Admiral for a few years around that time. They had a facility in my town.

In the late' 80's, AOC (Admiral Overseas Corporation) was one of the lines I repped, along with Scott, Pickering, Speco, Serpico, Wintenna (limo antennas), SKC/Sunkyung and Cobra. AOC made great TV's at an incredibly low price.

I bet those weren't sitting next to the Marantz and Sansui where you used to work.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have bought that thing to play with. I think someone else on craigslist bought it, possibly fixed the 8-track player, and now is trying to sell it at 6 times the price of the original seller

I came to this page seeing this receiver and wondering about it.

I know where Q8 lives!

It was sitting to the lower left side of the Sylvania, which was next to the Emerson.

Back