What's spinning on the turntable?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This thread is to post what Vinyl records you are currently listening to or have listened to recently. It can be quad or stereo, but vinyl only. Also feel free to discuss the records and other records in your collection.

Private Stock Summer Sampler '78
The Moody Blues Seventh Sojurn

Jean-Luc Ponty- "A taste for Passion" (1979) US LP bought back in the day..one of my favorites....mellow and melodic...I also have a very minty Canadian pressing, which I haven't even played!...

Gonzalo Rubalcaba-"Mi gran pasión" (1987)a Messidor West German pressing . my first LP bought when I came to Spain in 91..also , my first concert in Madrid. Here he plays with a Big Band featuring Danzones and great Jazz...
a virtuoso Cuban player...

I guess I was feeling a bit passionate (hey, I'm a Leo!)....

Gino Vannelli - Brother to Brother Nautilus Superdisc dbx encoded. His best album. Synthesizes nicely on PLII music and QS. COMPLETELY silent floor thanks to dbx, it REQUIRES a dbx decoder. 110db s/n & dynamic range. Features his big hit I Just Wanna Stop. One of my all time faves.
330656599041.jpg

Beatles - White Album 1/2 speed mastered MoFi from The Collection box set. LP covers are pix of master tape boxes.
The-Beatles-The-Collection---141856.jpg

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - EP from The Live Anthology Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/EP deluxe box set.
tompettybox.jpg

Jimmy Carl Black - Welcome Back, Geronimo Black Original member of Zappa's Muthas.
wbgb_2010.jpg

Supertramp - Even in the Quietest Moments dbx encoded
001238e4_medium.jpeg

Fania All-Stars - Live at Yanqui Stadium Edicion Dos
941012.jpg

Sergio Mendes - Picardia
picardia2a.jpg
1193941102_f.jpg
Classic album w/ all of side one in Spanish. Features Never Gonna Let You Go & Brujo (Voodoo)

US cover:
Sergio_Mendes_1982-thumb.jpg

Blind faith, polydor uk first pressing with the naughty cover, pink Floyd animals first press, and ozzy bark at the moon masterdisk rl. I am not as sophisticated as some of you, apparently!

All types of musical tastes are welcome in this thread. :D I was listening to Van Halen (my ultimate reference record) and The Cars Greatest hits (another one I listen to a lot) on my new turntable last night.

Jazz Odyssey Vol 2, Sound of Chicago. Classic 1923-40 Jazz & Blues, a 1964 Columbia compilation all in glorious mono.
King Oliver, Big Bill Broonzy, Louis Armstrong, Tampa Red, Earl Hines, Roy Eldridge, Jelly Roll Morton & more. 3 LP's.

319.jpg

The Rolling Stones original release vinyl of 'Tattoo You'.

The last great album they did. It sounds amazing every time.

Attachments

• Tattoo You.jpg
    Tattoo You.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 223
Great discs everyone, I haven't listened to much today. Was out at the flea market all day ;D

Stravinsky Conducts "Firebird Suite" "Petruska" and "The Rite of Spring." Columbia Symphony Orchestra.

3-record set for $3.00 at a local used book store. First two albums are in mint condition. "Rite of Spring" looks min,t but has a bit of crackling during the opening. Cleaned up well with Adobe Audition.

J. D.

I was listening to John Keating Space Experience last night. Just in stereo though. I can't wait to her it in quad. I like MOOGsic anyway. May favorite's so far have to be Rocket Man and Star Trek. I can't wait to hear it in SQ.

So what's on the turntable?

Blue Oyster Cult Fire Of Unknown Origin

Inner City Symphony Disco Magic

Deep In The Heart Of Texas - Duane Eddy

Styx Man Of Miracles (this is one you don't see very often)

Men At Work It's A Mistke 12" Single (with remastered version of Who Can It Be Now)

The Humn League Don't You Want Me (Ext. Dance Mix) 12" Single

Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Krush Groove

12 In A Roe A Collection Of Tommy Roe's Greatest Hits

Aerosmith Rocks (I wish I had the quad versions of the Aerosmith LPs)

Uriah Heep Demons And Wizrds

Last night was ABBA "Arrival", Ambrosia's "Life Beyond LA" and Little Feat "Time Loves A Hero"......all Nautilus 1/2 speeds. I just received the ABBA, and while I probably won't listen to a whole lot of Dancing Queen, I had not heard most of the rest of the LP and the disc is very minty and quiet....so if you really like Dancing Queen this is the version to have until Mr. Wilson does that 96/24 re-mix.
On the Victrola <....really....> I listened to some Harry James discs, excepting the autographed disc I just obtained <Yes, its authentic> of Mr. Grable.

In the Groove with the Kings of Swing 6 LP's in glorious mono. An RCA compilation for Reader's Indigestion. Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong, Gene Krupa, Fats Waller, Dukes of Dixieland, Coleman Hawkins, Pete Fountain, Earl Hines, Buddy Rich, Duke Ellington, Count Basie & soooo much more. Where my love for Trad Jazz & Dixieland began. WOW!!

410539222_tp.jpg

Back