What's spinning on the turntable?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a mid 70's pressing (Black Parlophone label) of "Revolver"

am amazed how good it still sounds..bought in ...around '76 and played a LOT!!!!

Black Sabbath 13 on 2 LPs. Geez, 2 records, 4 sides for 8 songs. Too much exercise but sounds nice. It sucked what went down with Bill, but this album still kicks ass.

ForumRunner_20140616_220017.jpg

A sealed Nautilus 1/2 speed of "Pretenders" (their first).......oops, it's now unsealed. Great debut album. Also, just received the dbx encoded LP of J. Geil's "Love Stinks", I think I'm running out of non-classical dbx albums to track down without doubling up on my 1/2 speed Pablo Cruise collection! John

Gotta give it to the AF people...worth the money.

Cheap Trick "In Color(and in Black and White)"

Kevin Gray EQ'ed this baby quite nice...and compressed the hell out of it too ;)...at least you can hear the bass!...although a bit dark sounding...it probably was the master tape...c'mon..it's almost 40 years old!!!!

As for the vinyl quality: VERY good, quiet and heavy...

The cover; somehow they got hold of the real artwork,
BUT
they went a BIT too dark on the "Exposure" function.
This is how may system saw side one...
CT IC A.jpg

Saga-Sagacity....
Brilliant LP (2 LPs @ 45 RPM)...they STILL have it...OK, may be a bit TOO compressed but the music is GREAT!
9/10

Yes-Heaven and...HELL !!!
GAWD THIS SUCKS HUUUUUGE TITTY!!!! How'd this happen? Fly From Here is a MASTERPIECE....it seems they forgot they are a P R O G Band....the LAST song "Grafitti walls " (or something like that) is the one they sorta remembered the PROG thing.... waste of plastic. avoid it at all costs..get the Saga one instead....
On top of that, it's 2 LPs at ...33RPM COOME OOOONNNNN
(I'll give 'em points for the Blue vinyl being VERY QUIET)
2/10

Snow Patrol- A Hundred Million Suns
(Fiction Records 2 LP's at 45 RPM, YESSSSSSS-not the "Back to Vinyl" one)
OK. the quality of the pressing is NOT the best
BUT
This guy's lyrics are REALLY ENLIGHTENED (Gary Lightbody) and the music is quite good....
Just for the lyrics and the music it's a 9/10

what happened to this thread?? I usually look for a similar one before starting one and I did NOT find this...that's why I started a new one...

Back